Options

Replies

• littlecrunchy190
    littlecrunchy190 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Total carbs: 36
    Net: 30
    Cal:1136

I think this is the worst I have done in 16 days! Got stressed I've daughter having surgery tomorrow. It should go ok. Still... I grabbed a protein bar and I didn't even pay attention to the packaging or I would have seen it had 25 carbs - sigh. Tomorrow will be better!
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    May 15th.
    total carb: 19
    didn't eat enough vegs.
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Net carbs = 17
    Found a way to use my protein powder that's carb heavy by loading it with flaxseed meal adds calories but I can work with that.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Total 45 carbs net 32... Was a hectic day yesterday, all those carbs were from veggies so that can't be too bad. I'll find out what the scale is saying tomorrow
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    palsky wrote: »
    Net carbs = 17
    Found a way to use my protein powder that's carb heavy by loading it with flaxseed meal adds calories but I can work with that.

Check out the Isopure Zero Carb Protein. I love the banana cream flavor when I buy the powder, if you get the premade stuff they have a couple different fruit punch type flavors that even have that more sports drink texture as opposed to shake type texture.

• GorillaNJ
    Options
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    So I had an awful day. TMI ALERT.
    I didn't tell you guys but I had a surgery last Tuesday and I was put under anesthesia and have been taking meds daily. Well in addition to that AND keto diet my digestion has completely been blocked off. So today I have literally eaten less than 250 cals 31 net carbs and not eating anymore cause I feel like throwing up just the thought of food. I have not gone properly to the bathroom for 6 days now and have massive migraines. I've been taking a lax since yesterday with nothing helping.
    Anyone else suffering from not going to the bathroom??

I hope that your surgery went well... I notice if I am not eating enough good leafy greens like spinach things slow way down, that and way up the water intake.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

Total: 36
    Net: 24

Scale is heading the right direction again, thank goodness
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    Total carbs: 36
    Net: 30
    Cal:1136

I think this is the worst I have done in 16 days! Got stressed I've daughter having surgery tomorrow. It should go ok. Still... I grabbed a protein bar and I didn't even pay attention to the packaging or I would have seen it had 25 carbs - sigh. Tomorrow will be better!

We may have different goals, but this looks great to me!
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    ssl0905 wrote: »
    Is anyone dealing with nausea? I've had it since Friday. It's just a constant thing that doesn't go away.

Sometimes I have mild nausea, and basically no appetite. It normally goes away for me after a few days. When it happens, I just upped my water, and try to eat whatever I can (for me, tends to be avocado, some nuts, etc. meat tends to be one of those things I cannot eat while nauseous). I hope you feel better soon!

• megdnoorman
    Options
    I didn't tell you guys but I had a surgery last Tuesday and I was put under anesthesia and have been taking meds daily. Well in addition to that AND keto diet my digestion has completely been blocked off. So today I have literally eaten less than 250 cals 31 net carbs and not eating anymore cause I feel like throwing up just the thought of food. I have not gone properly to the bathroom for 6 days now and have massive migraines. I've been taking a lax since yesterday with nothing helping.

My recommendation would be to add more avocado to your diet, because it has a fair amount of dietary fiber. If you are like me, and don't have issues with a lot of fiber, I would recommend making a Chia seed putting or something of that sort. Chia seeds are high in protein and fat and while they may appear high in carbs, they are pretty much all fiber. You can soak Chia seeds in heavy whipping cream, almond milk, or whatever you want, and they turn into a tapioca-like consistency in an hour or two.

I do 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk, half a cup of heavy whipping cream, a little vanilla extract and a little cinnamon, and a third of a cup of Chia seeds. I stir it all together and let it sit in my fridge for an hour or two, stirring occasionally. I eat it with blueberries and walnuts or almonds (both of which are great sources of fiber).

Other options are obviously leafy greens, broccoli, green beans, and other similar vegetables.
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm going to go way under on my fat today - like 75 grams under. The only way around it is to eat some extra protein.
  • KristySnow0729
    KristySnow0729 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled upon this thread! I'm late but I'm going to join. I started doing LC/HF on Monday. My goal is 40g and I would like to lose 8lbs in the next 30 days.
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    ck2d wrote: »
    Looks like I'm going to go way under on my fat today - like 75 grams under. The only way around it is to eat some extra protein.

what about a fat bomb or bullet proof coffee?
  • UNO77
    UNO77 Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    22 carbs - Tuesday 5/16/17
  • ck2d
    Options
    ck2d wrote: »

what about a fat bomb or bullet proof coffee?

I did a coffee. Not sure about fat bombs. Something tells me they could be quite triggering. If I continue to have low fat days I'll have to give them a shot.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    26 total minus 6 fiber = 20 net
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GorillaNJ wrote: »

I hope that your surgery went well... I notice if I am not eating enough good leafy greens like spinach things slow way down, that and way up the water intake.

My recommendation would be to add more avocado to your diet, because it has a fair amount of dietary fiber. If you are like me, and don't have issues with a lot of fiber, I would recommend making a Chia seed putting or something of that sort. Chia seeds are high in protein and fat and while they may appear high in carbs, they are pretty much all fiber. You can soak Chia seeds in heavy whipping cream, almond milk, or whatever you want, and they turn into a tapioca-like consistency in an hour or two.

I do 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk, half a cup of heavy whipping cream, a little vanilla extract and a little cinnamon, and a third of a cup of Chia seeds. I stir it all together and let it sit in my fridge for an hour or two, stirring occasionally. I eat it with blueberries and walnuts or almonds (both of which are great sources of fiber).

Other options are obviously leafy greens, broccoli, green beans, and other similar vegetables.

Thank you both for your suggestions! Will definitely try them.
  • ck2d
    Options
    Ended up with 22 carbs, which is right on target. Can't wait until I've lost enough weight for my daily calorie goal to drop my carb goal to 20.
    However, I'm currently 47 under my fat goal and 16 over my protein goal. Unless I take a couple of shots of olive oil I'm going to be out of whack for today. Oh well, life happens, and it was yummy.
  • kpdover
    kpdover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5/16 - 33 Total Carbs, 20 Net Carbs, under all goals and drank 10 glasses of water.
  • looweesa
    looweesa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 8

Net carbs: 15

Back on track today :smile: