30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Options

Replies

• UNO77
    UNO77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think this is a really great challenge.
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day 6

I forgot to post last night was 47 net carbs. Not bad considering we went Chinese buffet last night.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    56 carbs minus 6 fiber = 50 Net. Eeeek. Mother's Day collateral damage!

Lost zero pounds this week.
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I got my 5 pounds, so I guess I'll up my goal to 10.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Totally fell off of the wagon over the weekend. Well over 50 carbs, I imagine, for both Sat and Sun :neutral: . I had a visitor in town, and ended up drinking too much and eating too much. My food was actually pretty well in check, but sugary cocktails at restaurants definitely knocked me out of ketosis (up 3 lbs since Friday morning). I am hoping it's mostly water weight and will fall back off over the next few days.

We don't have any more visitors until June (and then, it's my husband's friend, so I will likely be on childcare duty so that they can go out), so I am going hardcore until then.
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    Confession time: I messed up today. I hosted a wine and cheese night and of course there was carbs. :(((( I promise to get back on track tomorrow. And I'm gonna try and do less than 40g net carbs the whole week now instead of 50g.

Weekends and social events are so difficult!
  • littlecrunchy190
    littlecrunchy190 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    QUESTION: For the first time in 15 days I gained weight! I don't want to record this! Is it wrong of me to just keep going and record my weight when next there is a drop?

I was very active this weekend and didn't eat bad AT ALL, seriously, check my diary. :(
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    QUESTION: For the first time in 15 days I gained weight! I don't want to record this! Is it wrong of me to just keep going and record my weight when next there is a drop?

I was very active this weekend and didn't eat bad AT ALL, seriously, check my diary. :(

Weight loss isn't linear. Fluctuations are normal. If you don't want to log it, you don't have to. However, I tend to think that the more data you have the better. You may just be retaining water due to monthly hormonal fluctuations, salt, constipation, or any number of other reasons. I recommend that you set up an account on trendweight.com or some other similar website, which will track you're trending weight and show you what the trend is without all of the fluctuation.

It's irritating when your weight goes up after following all of the "rules". But it happens to everyone. Don't let it get you down! :smile:
  • ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Is anyone dealing with nausea? I've had it since Friday. It's just a constant thing that doesn't go away.
  • UNO77
    UNO77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5/15/17 total carbs today 26
  • Fabulous50
    Fabulous50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    May 15
    45 carbs
    15 fiber
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    22 total carbs today.
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So I had an awful day. TMI ALERT.
    I didn't tell you guys but I had a surgery last Tuesday and I was put under anesthesia and have been taking meds daily. Well in addition to that AND keto diet my digestion has completely been blocked off. So today I have literally eaten less than 250 cals 31 net carbs and not eating anymore cause I feel like throwing up just the thought of food. I have not gone properly to the bathroom for 6 days now and have massive migraines. I've been taking a lax since yesterday with nothing helping.
    Anyone else suffering from not going to the bathroom??
  • maxapeden
    maxapeden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5/15, day 8
    39 net carbs would be under ten but I had a banana in the morning I forgot they have 30 grams each. I stayed 100% keto all weekend tho, first time in a while, trying to go all 30 days.
  • looweesa
    looweesa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 7
    Net carbs: 39

Went on a long hike today and rewarded myself with a burrito in order to keep from being way under calories. Didn't realize just how many carbs are in the wraps though, so I def won't be making that mistake again. Next time I'll opt for an avocado.
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sabotaged by the husband! He brought me a cup of Mint cookies and cream ice cream! I'm weak. I couldn't resist.

Day 8:
    net carbs 63g
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    May 15 Day 8
    Total carbs 15
    Net carbs 13
  • ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    day 7