Have Any Of Yous Lost Weight Without Removing Carbs From Your Diet?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I cut my carbs back from 50% to 45%, just to balance out an increase in protein I think I need. This keeps me over 100g of protein per day.

I'm down 90 lbs so far. Got more to go but going low carb just isn't in the cards for me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I think most people prefer to lose weight without cutting carbs down. (Very few people cut all carbs from their diet unless they are eating as a carnivore. I'm doing a carnivore test period again and with some dairy included, I still get 5 or more grams of carbs per day.)

I have only ever lost weight when restricting refined carbs and sugars. When I keep them in my diet I eat too much.

I recently lost weight by restricting all carbs, but that diet was medically helpful to me, and not just some fad I wanted to try.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have gone more high protein but I don't avoid carbs. But since I eat more protein it does effectively crowd out a lot of carbs.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Of course. BUT... I did try a low carb diet for a while. It's too restrictive for me, but I'm glad I did it. I learned a small meal/snack high in protein with moderate fat keeps me full for a *very* long time. The recipes are all delicious and usually very easy to make.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,894 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just wondering if any of yous have lost a huge amount of weight without restricting/removing carbs from your diet? xx

I don't mean to take over OP's discussion, but I think my question kind of goes "hand in hand" with the question. I've always wondered about cutting carbs, also.. However, could you tell me if there are certain type of exercises that one does to be able to keep carbs in their "diet", to loose the weight? Please forgive me, it this is not appropriate.

Nothing specific.

I do exercise but not in order "to be able to keep carbs in my diet".

BTW - I actually added bread to my diet when I started with MFP. :)

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,202 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if any of yous have lost a huge amount of weight without restricting/removing carbs from your diet? xx

I don't mean to take over OP's discussion, but I think my question kind of goes "hand in hand" with the question. I've always wondered about cutting carbs, also.. However, could you tell me if there are certain type of exercises that one does to be able to keep carbs in their "diet", to loose the weight? Please forgive me, it this is not appropriate.

I've done almost no exercise during my 130lb weight loss. While I was losing, exercise just wasn't something that I was able to work in with every thing else that was going on in my life at the time. So, to answer your question, there are no exercises required to lose weight with a high carb (or any carb) diet. Exercise is for your health, not for "combating" macros. Calorie deficit, carbs aren't evil. :smirk: