How often do YOU eat fast food/takeout/restaurant food?

Options

Replies

• court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    weekdays: have my own meals for the most part. the company i work for caters breakfast every wednesday morning, and maybe 1-2 times a week there will be catered lunch. i also go out 1-2 times for dinner with friends.

weekends: i'm a brunch fiend; saturday i probably don't even open my pantry/fridge (maybe except to get beer), and sunday always do a post-church brunch/lunch and dinner is a toss-up.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week for dinner. Usually, it's at a local place where I have either a relatively healthy seafood dish, or wings, depending on what I'm hungry for. I might have a beer or two, or not. Sometimes, hubby will bring home takeout wings or cheesesteaks on a night I get home late. Occasionally, we will have a catered lunch at work, and I'll choose carefully from what is brought. I don't usually eat fast food, because it isn't that good - not worth the calories.

I'm losing weight slower than I would like, but I AM losing. I also realize that I'm happy eating like this longterm. Its a lifestyle change, not a 'diet'.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    @toxikon I totally agree. The prices have gotten ridiculous. I make people's sandwiches and ring them up and they often say "18.68? "really? For two footlongs?" and its sadly accurate nowadays, especially the good ones like rotissere chicken and carved turkey. I really like how regulated the subway formulas are though. We have a certain # of slices of meat, cheese, and veggies (unless you request more veggies for free, of course that doesn't change the cals too much!) and sauce. I feel the calorie counts are pretty accurate most times!
    Not to sounds like a worker but some places have a text club that gives decent coupons for your occasional subway craving :smile:
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Once a week. The fiancee and I go to Zaxby's or something similar on Weds nights, when the kidlets are at their fathers house.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    @toxikon I totally agree. The prices have gotten ridiculous. I make people's sandwiches and ring them up and they often say "18.68? "really? For two footlongs?" and its sadly accurate nowadays, especially the good ones like rotissere chicken and carved turkey. I really like how regulated the subway formulas are though. We have a certain # of slices of meat, cheese, and veggies (unless you request more veggies for free, of course that doesn't change the cals too much!) and sauce. I feel the calorie counts are pretty accurate most times!
    Not to sounds like a worker but some places have a text club that gives decent coupons for your occasional subway craving :smile:

I appreciate the "insider info"! ;) Yeah, the prices are getting a tad high for my liking. When I do get a sub, I just go for a turkey breast & ham 6". I use the online nutrition calculator all the time, it's so handy!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    beaglady wrote: »
    I also realize that I'm happy eating like this longterm. Its a lifestyle change, not a 'diet'.

Bingo!!

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Probably 3 or more times per week. Depends on how busy the week is. Very busy family with lots of activities in the evenings, even my best laid plans don't let me cook a dinner each night. I make my breakfast/lunch/snack every day and take those to work, though.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I eat out for lunch about once per week, usually one breakfast on weekends, and lately has been about two times a week for dinner.
  • nissarayna
    nissarayna Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Once a month at most. I prefer preparing my own meals as I like to feel full and satisfied after eating. We had Burger King last week and I gave in and asked my hubby to get me a Whopper Jr and a small fries ... Huge mistake, I was starving afterwards and totally not satiated.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever. We may have eaten out twice this year. We cook and eat at home. With four children, two of them ravenous teenagers and another not far off being a ravenous teenager, eating out is just too expensive.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week.. sometimes more, sometimes less.
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    every day sometimes twice a day. :# is this why I'm fat and broke or is it the fried cheese curds? :( ...anyways I'm working on it now and getting down to every other day.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Fast food - almost never. I can't even remember the last time.
    Take out - Pizza or BBQ a couple of times a month
    Restaurant - It varies, but probably also a couple of times a month on average

This has nothing to do with weight loss. It was the same when I was gaining and losing as now (in maintenance).
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My family eats out 1-2 times a week.

But by eat out does not mean McDonalds or jack in the box.

We most of the time go somewhere with healthier options and then we do get crap sometimes. Depends.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    For about 7 months of the year I eat fast food nearly every Thursday night because I bowl those nights and get out about 9:15-9:30. Other than that, I get it a couple times a month. Eat out maybe once a month (it hasn't been a big thing for my family ever). Order pizza nearly every Friday night.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Eating out is what got me off track each time I've tried to lose weight this time around so I avoid eating out until I get in to a good routine of losing weight steadily. There is so much sodium in fast food meals and most restaurant meals too and I show a huge gain for a few days after and it makes me feel miserable til I can get myself back on track. I hate that feeling so I avoid it for that reason as well.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Really depends what we are doing.
    Birthday? Out to dinner
    Zoo or farm trip? Eat in thier restaurant
    Hiking? Most the time we bring our own food but sometimes we will stop in local pubs or unusual places like 2 weeks ago there was a sign for a day centre for adults with learning difficulties who run a kitchen/cafe to teach work skills so in we went
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    1-3 times a week, usually on the weekends.