How often do YOU eat fast food/takeout/restaurant food?

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Literally every day for dinner for the past month. I spent an hour in the gym parking lot the other day looking up a place to go eat at. I've exhausted all options. I even made a thread on here about the new gyros from Arby's. It's that real.

• dre_710
    dre_710 Posts: 20 Member
    I do my best to eat healthy throughout the week so on the weekends I can eat out without the guilt. Monday comes and back at healthy eating again. :D
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    It depends. In the winter time I typically only dine out about once every couple of months. The rest of the year, it just depends. In the summer months we have a lot of family birthdays and anniversaries, so I may dine out once per week to twice per week any given week.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    like every 10 days i'll eat at a restaurant (never fast food). i'm also trying to lean down right now so probably even a bit less now.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I don't eat fast food. In maintenance I have a restaurant meal or take out once per week. When I'm "dieting' or in a weight loss phase, they are quick bursts a few weeks at a time, I try to refrain completely then.
  • friendlymush
    friendlymush Posts: 26 Member
    Maybe once or twice a week I will go to my favorite Mexican place to get shrimp fajita and a margarita. But I have Taco Bell or some other fast food almost every day :#
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    I make most of my meals.

I eat out 2-3 times per month. I never eat fast food. My restaurant visits are at higher end restaurants and I watch what I order.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Lots, I guess.

Breakfast, almost never (I do brunch maybe 2x/year, if that).

Lunch, I have a bad habit of buying lunch about 2x/week. I'm actually perfectly happy with the options around my office that I go to, but it's a stupid waste of money. (Mostly places like Pret, Snap Kitchen, some local quick food places, with good salad options or wrap/sandwiches when I was more apt to have those. Oh, and I just realized this poke place now has a calorie count, so I've been trying their stuff.)

Dinner, my social life involves going out about 1-2x per week (sometimes not that much, but on the other hand work sometimes requires dinner out too). It's usually interesting or tasty local places and I like going out, so that's fine. It didn't seem to mess up my rate of loss when I was losing.

I don't consider restaurant food to be inferior to food at home, although it is likely to be higher cal. I get ideas from restaurant preparations and way back years ago I think having vegetables prepared well and in interesting ways at good restaurants helped me realize they weren't just something I should eat, but something that I could really enjoy.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,808 Member
    edited May 2017
    How often do YOU eat fast food/takeout/restaurant food?

Maybe once a week.

Subway after a bicycle ride in the city ... or Zambreros before the symphony.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    I eat at a restaurant usually once a week (weekend family/friends dinner out), order something like pizza a couple of times per month.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Usually once a week. I stay at my boyfriend's during the weekend and we normally get fast food/a takeaway and I use that as a treat for myself.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    I travel quite a bit, so I eat out probably 10 or so days a month on average. Otherwise, I'll eat at home at take my wife out to eat about once a week.
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    I try to Eat most meals home, bring lunch to work. Usually once a week dinner out. occasionally lunch out
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    one - two times per week, I make my own lunches for work and normally eat at home Monday - Friday but on a weekend I will probably have a takeaway or eat at the pub whilst I am watching sports, because I tend to sleep a little later and don't like to eat before working out in the mornings on a weekend (makes me feel queasy) I normally end up unintentionally Intermittent Fasting so I have the calories I would normally have from breakfast + my workout calories to play with . Occasionally go out for Sunday brunch too.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Once or twice a week for me, but for me it is as much about the experience as the food itself. I'm just not a big eater any more, and food as entertainment isn't interesting either, but good service, a great view, good coffee, the ability to get something small / light are draws for me. I'm taking my mom out Sunday / Mother's Day to an upscale place for dinner because she'd love it. I'm like, "Eh."
  • laurenj915
    laurenj915 Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2017
    2-3 times a year. Only because I have a family of 5 and it costs too much. We were driving 12 hours over spring break and stopped at Chickfila and it cost over $40 for us to eat fast food. That is like 1/4 of my weekly grocery buget spent on one meal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2017
    Ounce or twice a week. A bit more often lately because it's nice out and the kids play after school and by the time we're home I really don't want to make dinner (also in a food rut and really don't know what I want to make anyway). However it also means that I tend to go over those days unfortunately (I rarely have more than 500 calories left for dinner and good luck eating for less than that at most restaurants, and I don't like chains).

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Depends on my work/study schedule
    Up til recently I had one lunch per week prepared for me. That should finish soon
    We go out for diner maybe once eery three weeks and the same for take away/order in.

If I need to travel for work obviously it is much higher then there are full weeks where I don't prepare anything myself really - Those are the challenges, but i've learned to deal with those as well
  • ThisMightBeRyan
    ThisMightBeRyan Posts: 8 Member
    I used to have fast food at least 1-2 times a week for lunch and probably hit the bar 2-3 times as well. I'm on 24 days without eating out at all and my body as well as my wallet are both happier for it!