Your Daily Routine

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I'm retired from the job scene for the past 7 years so my routine is pretty much ...
    wake up whenever my eyes open or nature's siren calls
    do whatever strikes my fancy whenever it hits
    cook something when hunger strikes and eat it while recording in my food diary on MFP
    Sleep when I am tired

hmm... think I need to get a routine again.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I work from home, so here's mine:

4am: wake up, spend the next hour drinking a couple cups of coffee.
    5:30 - 7,7:30amish: gym
    7:45 - 8:30: shower, coffee, etc.
    9amish - 4 or 5pmish: "work"
    5:30 or 6pmish: husband gets home from his work, and we eat din
    6pm-7:30pm: little t.v. watching/decompressing
    7:30-9pm: reading in bed/playing on ipad in bed

Ta Da!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Wake up somewhere between 7:30 and 9:30 depending.
    Hour over coffee and breakfast and stuff, hit the gym, usually about 90 minutes there (20-30 mins cardio, then varied strength). Grocery store is right across the street so I can hit that often in the week as needed.
    Come home, feed chickens and goats, work between 11-12 and 6. Will have lunch 1:30-2:30 depending.
    If it's a skate night, eat decent sized meal 5ish. Put animals to bed and leave to go skate 6-7 depending, get home usually midnight and shower and bed as quick as possible, usually not before 1.30am (I drive an hour each way and practice is 2-3 hours).
    If not skating, snack at 5ish and will either swim or run, or just a long walk if I'm feeling beat and eat around 8-9 and get to sleep around midnight if poss.
  • TVDMD
    TVDMD Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hour over coffee and breakfast and stuff, hit the gym, usually about 90 minutes there (20-30 mins cardio, then varied strength). Grocery store is right across the street so I can hit that often in the week as needed.
    Come home, feed chickens and goats, work between 11-12 and 6. Will have lunch 1:30-2:30 depending.
    If it's a skate night, eat decent sized meal 5ish. Put animals to bed and leave to go skate 6-7 depending, get home usually midnight and shower and bed as quick as possible, usually not before 1.30am (I drive an hour each way and practice is 2-3 hours).
    If not skating, snack at 5ish and will either swim or run, or just a long walk if I'm feeling beat and eat around 8-9 and get to sleep around midnight if poss.

I love the amount of freedom you have in your day
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    m0n3ym0nt3 wrote: »

I love the amount of freedom you have in your day

I surely recognise and appreciate it!
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ♫ When you wake up in the mornin' and the light is hurtin' your head
    The first thing ya do, when ya get up outta bed
    Is hit them streets a runnin' and try to beat the masses
    Go get yourself some cheap sunglasses ♫

Just trying to get rid of an ear worm, caught from this thread. :)
  • shoofly435
    shoofly435 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    shoofly435 wrote: »
    I am blown away by the number of women holding full time jobs and still have to do everything related to kids, housework, grocery shopping, cooking.....the list is endless. And then fit in fitness time! What's wrong with your husbands? Mine cooks half the week and shares grocery shopping too, so I can have gym time.

If I left if up to my husband to go to the grocery store and cook, our pantry would be filled with Twinkies and chips, our fridge would be void of any fruit or veggies, and we'd eat Beanie Weenies and tacos every night.

LoL same here! I had to train him for sure, and usually when he cooks it's with meal kits, but last night he totally shocked me by printing a fish recipe off the internet, running out to pick up the ingredients, and then cooking it from scratch while I was at Zumba. And it turned out delish. But seriously, when Cosmo says you can have it all I don't think they meant 24/7 indentured servitude on top of a full time job.
  • TVDMD
    Options
    U2R2 wrote: »
    ♫ When you wake up in the mornin' and the light is hurtin' your head
    The first thing ya do, when ya get up outta bed
    Is hit them streets a runnin' and try to beat the masses
    Go get yourself some cheap sunglasses ♫

Just trying to get rid of an ear worm, caught from this thread. :)

Lolol, that's awesome
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    m0n3ym0nt3 wrote: »
    tjones0411 wrote: »
    4:30-4:45am - wake up
    5:00 - 6:30am - gym
    6:45am - shower, get ready for work
    7:15am - get kids up, fed, ready for school
    8:30 - 5:30pm - work
    6:00 - dinner
    7:00 - homework, baths, family time
    8:30 - kids in bed
    9:30 - me in bed

An 830 bedtime for the kids sounds like heaven!

haha - it's a necessity in my house! They need their sleep for my sanity, lol. Plus, mine are still young. 9 and 6.
  • TVDMD
    Options
    TVDMD wrote: »
    I'm just curious as to how you all fit fitness and health into your day, along with all the other demanding things that needs to be done. Nothing too personal, just share a basic overview of your day.
    Here's mine:
    5:45a-6:15a - get my 2 year old ready for daycare
    6:15a-7:15a - coffee, free hour that needs to be filled
    7:15 - 8:40a - get myself and 9 yr old ready for day, pack lunch, etc.
    8:40a- 6:30p my work day.. commutes etc
    6:30 - 7:30 pm quick errands, greet family, eat dinner
    7:30 -10pm .. 2 1/2 hours of inconsistency and no substance :(
    10pm .. kids bedtime
    10pm - until... me time if I'm not exhausted.

I'm interested to know what other people are doing in those time slots I have no set routine. Thanks!

Bump
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day. On MWF (fitness days):
    8:00am - Get up to have breakfast
    9:00am - Carpool with others going to gym
    10:20am - Warm-up by walking from one end of the gym to the other and back (takes 5 minutes)
    10:30am - Exercise using the gym equipment
    11:45am - Go to a center for treatments (4 hours long)
    6:00pm - Very late lunch
    11:00pm - Late dinner
    3:00am - Bedtime

Every other day:
    9:00am - Breakfast
    11:00am - Housework (only time I get to do this)
    4:30pm - Lunch time
    6:00pm - Work time (fairly physical so counting this as exercise since I have my activity level set to sedentary)
    11:00pm - 1 mile walk from work to home
    11:30pm - Late dinner
    3:00am - Bedtime
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    9am- feed baby then bring him to dad, go back to sleep.
    11am- wake up, take baby and toddler, cuddle, play (dad already fed toddler.)
    12pm-1pm - break fast, house work, feed daughter lunch
    2pm- take babies out, workout
    4pm- quiet time, more house work, workout if I couldn't before
    5-6pm- make and eat supper
    7pm- do washing up and laundry
    8pm- bathe babies, read books, put daughter to bed
    10:30-11- daughter is finally in bed sleeping, put baby to bed.
    11:30-1 - yoga/ some alone time with hubs.
    1am until 9am - wake up every 1.5-3 hours to feed and change baby (2 months, isn't going longer than 3 hours in a row, if I'm lucky rn.)
    We have more of a flexible schedule then set. Hubs is on parental leave until May so I'm able to get a lot done during the day/ each day is different but this is more or less how it is. I don't always nap either but god damn, I do love those 2 total hours of having the bed to myself, best beileve I am in the middle.
  • Iheartrunning36
    Iheartrunning36 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've been up with my baby 3 or 4 times a night for 11 months!!!!

3:00 AM feed baby
    5:00 AM feed baby, husband takes over we have coffee and enjoy baby until gym
    5:45 Spinning at gym
    6:45 Home, baby care and getting my teen out the door for school
    7:30 work
    9:30 home baby, husband leaves for work, house chores take baby to reading library, park and play
    12:30 husband home, I leave for work
    4:00 home with baby, husband leaves for work-make dinner, chores often my sons x country meet or sports event
    6:00 dinner with family husband home
    7:00 baby bath, story family time (I feel like dying of exhaustion at this point) baby goes to bed
    7:000-8:00 quiet free time or help with teens homework
    9:00 date night with husband
    10:00 lights out bed or until daughter gets up in 30 me from this time then again at midnight and cycle is repeated.

• smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I get two buses each way for work at the moment which takes ages. I can't carry my work things and work out gear and by the time I get home can't face it anyway. Once I get a new car I plan on joining the gym near work so I can go for half hour after work. At the moment all I manage is to walk to further bus stops if I have time!

At the moment:
    6:20am leave for the bus stop
    6:30pm get home and have a cuppa
    7 ish - dinner, clean up, pack lunch for following day
    Maybe a little tv
    Read/relax in bed from 9 til 10 and then hopefully sleep Before 11.

I'm working on my sleep routine for now. Been prescribed tablets which run out in a few days and I'm hoping they'll have kick started me back to a normal person schedule which should see my energy levels rise to be able to face exercise!
  • delimanager640
    delimanager640 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    4:30 up shower eat breakfast make lunch dress.
    5:30 leave for work
    6am to 1pm run my butt off at work.
    1 to 2 lunch and power nap in my car.
    2 to 5: 30 continue working.
    6pm home cook dinner do a load of laundry visit with husband. Bed by 8: 30.
    Totally worn out. Can't exercise. Plus I am 65.
    Can't wait to retire.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    My kids are grown & I work part time 2 days/wk & have 4yr old grand dtr from 11-5 on thursdays, so
    8:00-8:30 wake up & coffee & 4 Tbl of yogurt (don't like breakfast)
    9:30-10 load up 6 dogs & go to dog park
    11-11:45 come home, feed dogs, eat lunch, cook dinner if no left overs, house work
    12:30-2 leave to volunteer at animal rescue for 2,3 or 4hrs
    4-5:00 arrive home, eat, relax, walk dogs if weather permits & I feel up to it
    6:30 go to gym class
    on days I don't go to animal rescue or work, I do more house work, cook, go to gym before 3, see friend
    go to dog park for hour+ or walk dogs for hour every morning, unless I get too sick
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Get up at 5:00-5:15, sit on the couch, drink coffee, play on my phone. Take the dog for a walk at 5:45. Start getting ready for work at 6:20. Get kids up, pack lunches etc leave at 7:30-7:40, work 8-4:30, then come home. I go to the gym after work 3 days of the week in which case I get home around 6.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    6-7: wake up, look at social media
    7-8: home workout with Beachbody on Demand
    8-8:30: get ready for work
    9-5: work. Bring lunch, take 30 min walk at some point.
    5:30-6: fix dinner and eat
    6-9: free time--walk/run any steps I need to get to 10k for the day, watch TV, quality time with husband
    9:30: bed, reading, asleep by 10:30 ideally
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    3:00 to 5:30/6:00: Working my part-time job (from home, blessedly).
    5:30-6:30 (MWF): Shower, blowdry hair, start coffee, dress / 6:00-6:30 TR: Start coffee, style hair, dress.
    6:30-7:30ish: Watch my son get ready for school, both of us do some morning chores, I have coffee/breakfast/social media time (kiddo eats at school), leave for my full-time job.
    7:45ish: Arrive at work; pretty much just do that until noon.
    12:00: Head home for lunch, usually leftovers or a salad/sandwich combo. Sometimes fast food. Run the dishwasher or start laundry while home.
    1:00: Back at the office to finish out my day.
    5:00: Leave work, run errands -- grocery store about three times a week, drop things off at the post office, whatever. (Unless it's Tuesday or Friday; then I work my third job and the rest of this schedule gets pushed back an hour to ninety minutes.)
    6:00ish: Home for the evening. Spend a little time with the kiddo, check his homework, etc.
    6:30ish: Start cooking dinner. Watch some TV or play a game once everything is well underway.
    7:00-7:15ish: Dinner with my son. Sometimes we watch a show as we eat, most times not. We load the dishwasher/clean the counters right after eating. Kid goes outside to play for a while.
    8:00ish: I work my part-time job some more, usually, or do admin stuff for my third job. Whichever it is, I'm usually done by 11:00 or so (my son goes to bed at 9:00 and I say goodnight, but he's old enough that I don't have to stop for tucking in).
    11:00ish: I start trying to fall asleep -- change into PJs, wash my face/brush my teeth, and lay down with a book.
    1:00ish: I actually fall asleep, on a good night.

As you can see, I am not at all great at fitting exercise in. I try to go trail walking whenever I can, but I try to catch up on housework and work my two spare jobs on the weekends too, so it's just... not great.