How much caffeine do you drink?

Options
Niki_Fitz
Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
How much caffeine do you drink and do you find it helps or hiders your weight loss (or other goals)? Does it interrupt your hunger in any good or bad ways? Has anyone got interesting caffeine stories? Coffee drinker here, three cups a day, no sleep issues but sometimes jittery, with much happier workouts after my first or second cup of the day.

Replies

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have a Tassimo machine so I have either one caramel latte or one vanilla latte with my breakfast and then it's water for me for the rest of the day, just because that's how I like it. I can't say that it affects me either way because I eat a big breakfast and snack in the morning before a high protein lunch but I suppose it could make you hungrier? IDK. If it works for you, why try and fix it?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    One diet coke per day
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I drink around 10 black tea a day and then take caffeine pills before long runs.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    1-2 cans of Diet Dr Pepper, either regular or cherry
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    2-3 cups of coffee a day and 1-2 cans of diet soda a day.

Caffeine has had no affect of my weight, though during my active weight loss phase I found that diet soda helped me quite a bit (when I wanted something sweet I'd have a can instead).
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    One cup of coffee and two espressos a day usually. No issues with weight loss. I find I am more alert and have better workouts when I have caffeine.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I drink about a pot of coffee per day, a couple diet sodas, and when I work out...still take a pre-workout. I dunno. It's a lot but I like it
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I drink two or three Pepsi max a day. It doesn't cause sleep problems and gives me a boost of energy.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Once a day.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    3 cans of Diet Coke a day
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Depends on how deep into a cut I am
    At maintence or the start of a cut
    2-3 coffees a day.
    Deep into a cut basically an iv drip
    Of the stuff
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    A lot!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    20 oz of black dark roast coffee a day. Helps suppress appetite and increases energy.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Normally one cup of strong coffee, one diet coke and six cups of tea a day.
    On a big cycle ride I will consume a lot more as it's in a lot of sports drinks and gels.
    Might take a big caffeine pill if struggling with fatigue but it doesn't do a lot for me.

Not really responsive to caffeine, doesn't make me jittery, doesn't affect my sleep. Even a couple of double expresso coffees before riding my motorbike home from a nightshift didn't stop me falling asleep.... Luckily woke up just in time before I rode into an oncoming bus.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Normally one cup of strong coffee, one diet coke and six cups of tea a day.
    On a big cycle ride I will consume a lot more as it's in a lot of sports drinks and gels.
    Might take a big caffeine pill if struggling with fatigue but it doesn't do a lot for me.

Not really responsive to caffeine, doesn't make me jittery, doesn't affect my sleep. Even a couple of double expresso coffees before riding my motorbike home from a nightshift didn't stop me falling asleep.... Luckily woke up just in time before I rode into an oncoming bus.

Duuuude, be careful!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    As much as I possibly can.... :)

Used to drink 6-12 cans diet code red mtn dew a day. Found it much cheaper to take caffeine pills. It doesnt do anything but make me human and awake. Otherwise I nod off constantly all day and feel like I am walking through jello. No workout if no caffeine.

Then again, I might just need a vacation (finally) ! :tired_face:
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    In the morning, usually 2 cups of coffee. Occasionally one more, or tea, in the afternoon. If I'm going to have any more than that it will be tea. I haven't had any problems and I think it helps with alertness and my activity level throughout the day.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    All my fluids contain caffeine, all 10 cups worth

I need alot of sleep naturally and have 2 kids who think sleep is for the weak (12 year old has never had a full nights sleep, she gets maybe 4 hours of broken sleep and a 15 month old who wakes frequently) so caffeine is needed to keep me awake