How much caffeine do you drink?

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    If I'm just making coffee for myself, I fill the water up to the 6 cup mark and usually drink most of that. My workouts are great when I can get my coffee in beforehand. And I do IF so drinking just coffee in the mornings helps keep me satisfied so I don't want to eat until around 12:30pm.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    So much coffee. All day. Supplemented with diet doctor pepper. Quick espresso 20 minutes before a run definitely improves my performance
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    1-2 cups of coffee, supplement with caffeine tablet before workouts. I use Chrystal Light with Energy and drink about 24 ounces of that. I rarely drink soda but when I do, its Diet Cherry/Reg Diet Dr Pepper or Diet Mt Dew.

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    I drink around 10 black tea a day and then take caffeine pills before long runs.

I used to take a supplement with caffeine in it....
    If I'm just making coffee for myself, I fill the water up to the 6 cup mark and usually drink most of that. My workouts are great when I can get my coffee in beforehand. And I do IF so drinking just coffee in the mornings helps keep me satisfied so I don't want to eat until around 12:30pm.

I experiment with IF too. My stomach seems to like just that cup or two of black coffee and just running on empty til I get hungry at noon or 1:00.
    I cut back from 12 to about 8 cups of coffee a day. It makes no difference for me for weight or hunger. I might be a coffee addict though.

I used to manage at a Starbucks. I drank up to 10 espresso drinks a day. Enjoying 3 cups a day now.

IDK. If it works for you, why try and fix it?

Agree. So a bodywork therapist I saw said my liver area looked tight and it could be too much caffeine. Inspired me to ask around here...

• NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member
    I have 2 cups of coffee in the morning and maybe a diet coke during the day. The diet coke has to be around lunch time because for me caffeine will keep me up at night. Too much caffeine will keep me up at night so I have to be careful with how much and when I drink it.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    I have about 6 cups of coffee a day
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I weighed this stuff on a scale. At work I consume 39 ounces per day, and at home I consume 52 ounces on weekends. Black. It does not hinder weight loss, and in some ways I think it promotes regularity.
  • Girl_with_muscles
    Girl_with_muscles Posts: 64 Member
    I drink pre workout drinks for caffeine even though I know I shouldn't. I have 2-3 each day and they're the equivalent to 2-3 cups of coffee.

I don't think I get an extra boost from them, I just don't get a headache or go through caffeine withdrawal if I drink them.

I 2-3 years ago I got all my caffeine from Coca Cola and Pepsi Max.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I sip around 2 cups of coffee a day. Some days more some days less. I used to drink a lot more when I worked in an office, basically sipped coffee all day.

I go in waves with diet soda - sometimes it's all I drink (after coffee in the morning) other times I only drink water.

I don't think it affects me much. I try to stop drinking coffee after 3pm because it affects my bedtime. I just have a habit of liking to sip coffee while driving. I have a travel Thermos mug and it keeps my coffee hot all day. I bring it with me in the car in the morning and leave it the car until my last drive of the day.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    I drink 4-6 cups of coffee per day. I try not to drink it after 3 or 4 pm, unless I'm going to be working very late, because it keeps me up.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    5-6 16 ounce mugs of coffee every workday
    3-4 on weekends just because I am too cheap to pay for it.

I also drink 4 16 ounce glasses of water.

I am completely habituated to caffeine, but gave up coffee for Lent in 2016 without anyone knowing it except my husband. He figured out two days in that we had too many k cups left.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I drink 2-4 cups a day of coffee then i also do the herbal teas- just really love coffee- my favorite drink- hot or cold- don't matter
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Wow I am really amazed by how many people drink soda! And also pre workouts, that is also interesting to me.

I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, they must be after my first meal or I get jittery (I have hypoglycemia) and before 12pm or I cannot sleep AT ALL. These two cups completely change my day and motivate me to do workouts, so I guess they do affect my weight loss in that sense.

I cut out caffeine for 2 months, during this time I never stopped being tired and unmotivated and felt no positive results from cutting it out (i.e. Everything else stayed the same- other than slightly less anxiety) so I went back to drinking it and have been much happier!

I don't drink soda or anything else containing caffeine other than green tea every once in a while. I drink mostly water, and find other drinks too sweet usually.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I drink around 10 black tea a day and then take caffeine pills before long runs.

Caffeine was my friend yesterday for a hilly half marathon. I really don't know what people have against it.
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    Too much.
  • Niki_Fitz
    DietPrada wrote: »
    How much is there? I'll take any you don't want.

Right!??

Caffeine was my friend yesterday for a hilly half marathon. I really don't know what people have against it.

Ok so why do pro advise me to cut back???
  • Niki_Fitz
    Sorry, why do •people* advise me to cut back??
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2017
    None on most days. I metabolize it very slowly, so if I'm going to have caffeine at all, it'll be one or two cups of tea before noon.

This is actually how I made it through grad school without developing a coffee habit. I stopped being able to tolerate caffeine early in the second year of my Ph.D. program.