I must not be doing this right... keto help pls!!

Options
13»

Replies

• katiebelleck
    katiebelleck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Rosyone wrote: »
    Rosyone wrote: »
    ...from what I have read/heard that if your protein is too high it can keep you from entering ketosis/kick you out of it once in. but I dont think 25% would do that.

You enter ketosis on the Stillman diet, which is an ultra-high protein diet that severely restricts both carbohydrates and fat.

hopefully you arent on that diet,which is not a good diet to be on. you need some fats and some carbs,fats are essential for hormones to function properly not to mention it restricts almost everything but protein which is not healthy,even taking a multivitamin doesnt mean it will help prevent malnutrition or other issues, and its a very low calorie diet so of course you will lose weight(dangerously so in many cases). its a load of crap is what it is. even if it puts you into ketosis,its dangerous for other reasons. also the claims it makes about detoxing,boosting metabolism and so on is a crock.

Oops, sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was recommending Stillman. I'm most definitely NOT on that diet, which was blamed for triggering Karen Carpenter's anorexia and eventually killing her. I was just pointing out that restricting protein is not required for ketosis. You can eat practically nothing but protein and go into ketosis.

ahh ok gotcha,yeah I read that about karen carpenter. I thought she just had an eating disorder, never knew she was following a certain diet
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    You've been doing it for a week. You're not weighing your food when you log it because you've been doing it for years so you know that item of food you ate weighed exactly X grams. And you haven't weighed yourself on the scale. So you don't really know that you're eating 1300 calories and you don't really know if you've lost weight or not and it's only been a week. Not sure what the post is about then.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Ok then I'm just confused. If keto isn't better for weight loss what's the point? Can't believe bacon is healthier than apples. Also pretty sure that 1350 calories per day gives me a deficit. Will be patient and keep going. Much less coffee, much more water.

The point is that telling someone "you are overweight because you are overeating and you will lose if you eat less" is (1) making many people feel uncomfortable and (2) is boring. On the contrary, telling someone that the world/culture/drs/their grandma are evil for teaching them to eat certain foods and if they make some weird radical and hard changes all their problems will be solved, this is exciting, so they give it a try. Besides people tend to think that if something is difficult, it must be good for them. From following weird diets, to doing weird workouts to drinking nasty tasting supplements and so on.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Get some ketone sticks a simple way to see if your in ketosis
    A week is easily long enough to get into ketosis
    If you have a foodie day and come out of ketosis then 24 hours to get back into ketosis
    Good luck with the journey