What are you having for breakfast?

Options
I need inspiration!

Replies

• RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    some ideas

how about caviar spooned on fresh caught oysters eaten right out of the ocean!

smoked salmon on fresh made bread

pan fried duck eggs just barley cooked served with orange salmon roe and fresh made seeded rye bread

buttermilk pancakes made with fresh grated cinnamon, clove and ginger served with real maple syrup think *ginger bread pancake*

saute greens with a egg cooked lightly ontop and some chili's so you can then poke the yolk and get the best flavor!

proper made hand rolled Italian pizza with fresh garlic rubbed onto the dough, fresh vine ripe tomato sliced across and a few real mozzarella di bufala with a duck egg baked on cooked on cast iron.

a quiche made with kale and duck eggs with wild boar bacon a gourmet quiche lorraine

vegetable tart with season vegetables

can never go wrong with ceviche
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I just had a 6 ounce grilled chicken breast.
  • khannickwechanged
    khannickwechanged Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love my oatmeal! I usually put a tablespoon of ground flaxseed in it, 1/2 tbsp honey, cinnamon, sometimes 1 tbsp peanut butter, and always fruit. It's very filling. :)
  • shaff1rm
    shaff1rm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was refrigerator oatmeal: a combination of steel cut oats, soy milk, greek yogurt, cocoa powder, chia seeds and bananas. Made last night for an on the go meal.
    And my mid-morning snack was whole grain bread with natural peanut butter and flax seeds, with some strawberries on the side.

Definitely recommend both!
  • sdwight
    sdwight Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had cup of oatmeal and a banana, and a piece of brolied flounder, and a glass of water. Then have a snack in three hours. Hope this helps.:smile:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter banana toast and grapes
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    ALL THE BACONZ!!!!!! :love:

*salivating..*
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    this morning i had scrambled eggs cooked with black beans, on top of chopped up avocado.

or i like oatmeal with banana, protein powder, and pb2 mixed in. THAT keeps me full for practically the whole day.
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    I had a peach greek yogurt. I didnt buy my belvita bisquits this week so I am without those... And my snack was a string cheese and a big juicy peach!! YUM!

If I am home for breakfast I normally scramble up some eggs and make a breakfast burrito with a little cheese, sausage (or bacon) and maybe some avocado.
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    I love having Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk and 1/2 a chopped banana. I'm also obsessed with Banana egg pancakes, mash up a banana and an egg to create a kind of "pancake batter" lightly spray a a frying pan with oil (I use the one cal spray) and put a small dollop of the mixture onto the pan when it's hot. Cook like a pancake.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    4 weetabix but its getting boring now so will be revisiting this page later for some new ideas.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Myoplex Lite Chocolate Cream Shake!! yummy in my tummy!
  • RobTheGourmet
    Options
    some more ideas

Cherry and Plum Bruschetta

Wild Mushroom Frittata with Cheddar, Green Onions, and Peas --- add in some chanterelle mushrooms and some gruyere

Goat Cheese Toasts with Walnuts, Honey & Thyme - can never go wrong with goats cheese

Savory Spring Vegetable and Goat Cheese Tart - because 1 goat cheese idea is def not enough!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    What I have every morning! 1/2 cup of egg whites scrambled with 1 tbsp of bacon bits and 1/4 cup of oatmeal with 1/2 tbsp of Agave nectar and 2 tbsp of toast shredded coconut on top! Loving it.
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    1 egg cooked in 1 tsp. pastured butter, with 1 slice reduced fat cheddar cheese, 1 sauteed small poblano pepper (homegrown..the best!) Decaf espresso, 2 oz. half and half.
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% greek yogurt with Slivered Almonds and Kashi Go Lean Vanilla Oatmeal
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Twice this week, 2 eggs scrambled in a whole wheat pita with a bit of cheddar cheese.
  • RobTheGourmet
    Options
    Fage 2% greek yogurt with Slivered Almonds and Kashi Go Lean Vanilla Oatmeal

agree on the fage it is easily the best commercially available strained yogurt period.
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    pancakes with syrup, been craving them for about 2 weeks.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    1 C plain greek yogurt,
    1 scoop unflavoured whey.
    1 tsp of cinnamon
    1tbsp of chia seeds and mix. nomnomnomn :D