Options
Coco187
Coco187 Posts: 33 Member
Help

Replies

• Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Most recommend a gradual reduction of carbohydrates and keep sodium intake up. You can find more specific advice from the keto experts that hang out in this group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Best of luck!
  • clbalke
    clbalke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is also a Facebook group called ketogenic dieters you can join to get a really good eating program. You can look at my diary to see what I eat if you like.
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My biggest recommendation, if you can manage it, is to donate or store out of your kitchen all of the carb-heavy items that will tempt you. Think cereals, oatmeal, flour, sugar, pasta, crackers. If you eventually decide to stay keto, you will have to get rid of these items, but if you decide that it doesn't work for you you can bring them back to your kitchen.
    Also, do your research prior to starting, there are a lot of people out there curating excellent websites for the keto community. Some of my favorites are KetoConnect, IBreatheI'mHungry, Tasteaholics, and RuledMe. Read what they have to say before you get started, that will definitely help you prep.
  • CindyClinton2017
    CindyClinton2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found different things I loved! Started thinking of "what I can have" instead of "what I couldn't have". i.e. Tofu Shirataki noodles (just rinse/drain/nuke for one minute - only one net carb and taste fantastic!), oopsie bread, and home made chocolate/peanut butter bars. I especially love Bulletproof coffee. I do two cups to replace my breakfast and my lunch but still try to eat a normal lunch or breakfast twice a week. When eating a breakfast or lunch, I just have one cup of the Bulletproof coffee. Just google keto recipes/blogs. I love this way of eating! It is just choosing healthy alternatives (i.e. real butter instead of margarine, oopsie bread instead of highly refined bread, Shirataki noodles instead of pasta, etc). I LOVE my new way of eating. You will too!
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, or for medical reasons?
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Beet Greens, Kale, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Morton Lite Salt, Acorn Squash(in 1 - 2 oz servings), Bananas(1 - 2 Small or Extra Small), will help you hit your potassium level. The yellow and orange variety of tomatoes will do better than the red and green, in 1 - 2 oz servings. Try not to rely on nuts, cheeses, and bulletproof/keto coffee's too much.