What can I eat at the movie theater?

Options
13»

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't buy concessions too often from movie theaters, but I like popcorn and a diet soda. The kid's size option is really good too. I have snuck some food in from time to time, but the "worst" example of this was probably my favorite. I was visiting my sister in Chicago and we had tickets to see Wicked (yes, I know NOT a movie, but still a very nice theater) and for her birthday, she wanted to go to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Well, it took so long at the restaurant we had to take our cheesecake to go. I will always remember laughing with her while we ate smuggled Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake in our nosebleed seats and watching Kristen Chenowith sing- sometimes, the memories are worth it :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Small popcorn, light on the butter. And a Diet Coke.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the appeal of movie theater food. When I eat during a movie I can't pay attention and fully enjoy the movie. Plus it is all WAY over priced. I haven't snacked at a movie theater for over 15 years. I usually just get a diet drink and eat before or after.

If you really want to snack during the movie it would be good to bring some of your own 100-cal popcorn or even sneak in a tub of halo top/enlightened.
  • armchairherpetologist
    armchairherpetologist Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the appeal of movie theater food. When I eat during a movie I can't pay attention and fully enjoy the movie. Plus it is all WAY over priced. I haven't snacked at a movie theater for over 15 years. I usually just get a diet drink and eat before or after.

If you really want to snack during the movie it would be good to bring some of your own 100-cal popcorn or even sneak in a tub of halo top/enlightened.

The sound of people eating like that reminds me of millions of insects, crawling and scratching, and once I hear it just creeps me right out. I know that's my issue, not anyone else's, so I just don't go to many movies. The only movie I remember seeing in a packed theater that was silent aside from the film was United 93. But that was a very different circumstance.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love movie popcorn with butter. Love. It. And I don't go very often so when I do, I splurge and get a popcorn with...yes, butter aka liquid gold heart attack...and I enjoy every bite.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    When I was in weight loss mode I tried to get by without popcorn and brought a snack. That lasted one movie and then I was back to sharing a large bag B) I so enjoy eating popcorn and watching a sci-fi or adventure type movie, it's all part of the movie going experience since I was a kid! I just guesstimate the calories, log it and move on. It caused me to go over a few hundred a couple of times but I can live with that.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Last time I went I bought an avocado wrap, a skillet brownie sundae and a big order of trio tortilla chips (three sauces, salsa, guacamole and cheese)... And the wrap came with chips. Oh... And of course a diet pibb cherry because I'm watching my figure. I made sure to hit the gym on the other days that week and eat on the low-end so I gained nothing except deliciousness. I have no regrets! Except maybe getting the wrap instead of their flat bread pizza... Those things are great.

P.S. I hate eating without entertainment. I dislike entertainment without eating...