Diary open am I eating right? I am not losing anymore!!

Options

Replies

• paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am shooting at 1.5-2 lbs a week. I have not seen any change in about going on 2 weeks.

I would set your goals for 1 pound a week. If you have a good week and lose a bit more, great. But you don't want to limit your calories so much that you slow your metabolism or feel like crap.

Eat more, and you'll have more energy to fuel your workouts... you'll boost your metabolism... you'll burn more calories... you'll feel a lot better... and you'll lose weight. I know it sounds wrong to eat more to lose weight, but sometimes this is what you need to do!

There's a group on MFP called "In place of a road map" that addresses this. Here's a link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet?hl=in+place+of+a+road+map

P.S. The Batman I know usually knows better than to jump into a tiger cage and get all the cats riled up. lol.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I agree with reducing the amount you want to lose per week to one pound. Anything more seems excessive during this crucial growing period for your child.

I suggest seeking support here too: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/214-breastfeeding-support
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options

But you will waste energy to call me a jerk? I did go back and read. It seems everyone is attacking me personally while I've maintained respect for everyone.

Um, you told someone to relax and go eat a poptart. That's not all that respectful. You also said some other things but I'm too lazy/should be working to go back to quote them.

OP, if you've set your profile on here to lose weight, you are DEFINITELY not eating enough since you still have a deficit on top of the deficit MFP already gives you. Even if you're adding in the breastfeeding as exercise, you're not eating the calories back that you're giving yourself. Eat more and make it nutritious for the baby's sake. You don't seem to be eating all that badly tho.

I would say lay off the meal replacement shake but I bet you're already busy being a new mom and it's probably giving you vitamins you wouldn't normally have time to eat with real food.

Did you ever answer the question about how long it's been since you've stopped losing weight because that initial 10 pounds in a couple months is pretty damned good and you can't really consider it a plateau until at least three weeks (at the minimum).

Edited to say: And you did answer the question. It hasn't been long enough to be worried about it. It could be anything...sodium, the position of the moon, weighing yourself after having a bigger meal than usual....
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    P.S. The Batman I know usually knows better than to jump into a tiger cage and get all the cats riled up. lol.

Because he's the hero MyFitnessPal deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
  • HerpDerp745
    Options

But you will waste energy to call me a jerk? I did go back and read. It seems everyone is attacking me personally while I've maintained respect for everyone.

Um, you told someone to relax and go eat a poptart. That's not all that respectful. You also said some other things but I'm too lazy/should be working to go back to quote them.

I'm sorry, but what is wrong with pop tarts? I personally love them. How is this some how disrespectful? Also, if you should be working, I don't think you should have taken the time to write that large of a response.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Surely it makes perfect sense that you need more calories to breastfeed if you just think how many are escaping contained within the milk sustaining another life? I always thought MFP had something in settings though that asked you whether you were nursing. If not, then it perhaps should so that you're striving for the right goal. 1200 certainly isn't enough for 2 of you!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but what is wrong with pop tarts? I personally love them. How is this some how disrespectful? Also, if you should be working, I don't think you should have taken the time to write that large of a response.

Absolutely nothing! I eat a 60 calorie bag of them a day. I'll be really sad when they're discontinued and I have to go back to the 100 calorie bags. The smaller bags were PERFECT. But telling someone to relax and have a poptart comes off very...."go in the kitchen and make me a sandwich, woman!"esqe.

And yes, I should be working. But no one else here is so while the cat's away....:smile:
  • Jennifera714
    Options

Because he's the hero MyFitnessPal deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

May I suggest you think of yourself as this, "FICTIONAL" character & keep the rest of your comments to yourself.
  • HerpDerp745
    Options
    Absolutely nothing! I eat a 60 calorie bag of them a day. I'll be really sad when they're discontinued and I have to go back to the 100 calorie bags. The smaller bags were PERFECT. But telling someone to relax and have a poptart comes off very...."go in the kitchen and make me a sandwich, woman!"esqe.
    And yes, I should be working. But no one else here is so while the cat's away....:smile:

I certainly didn't mean to come off as some male chauvinist. They called me an 'asshat', so I thought my response was respectful enough to ask them to calm down.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    how long has it been since a loss?
    what exercise do you do, have you had any "days off" and ate something different? what are you stats, height weight ?
    I looked at your diary, it looks good, but I think that mfp over estimates exercise calories, so when I went to tdee method -20% I started losing again:)
    Louise

5 ' 7 Starting Weight: 184
    Current weight: 174
    Started diet exercising: May 20th, 2013 approx 2 months and a couple days

Mon-Fri 10 am : 150 squats
    12 pm: Walking 30 mins briskly
    3:00 pm: 50 squats
    6:00pm-7:00pm: 30 Day Shred Jillian Michaels

Wednesday: Weights 10 lbs (20) mins
    Friday: Weights 10 lbs (20) mins

Saturday & Sunday: Rest

Those are Barbie weights. Try weights that will actually challenge you.

Everyone else is giving solid advice.

Try TDEE -20% so you don't overestimate the calorie burn. :)
  • HerpDerp745
    Options
    May I suggest you think of yourself as this, "FICTIONAL" character & keep the rest of your comments to yourself.

"FICTIONAL" like your weight loss.
  • valjean5
    valjean5 Posts: 17
    Options
    When I hit my wall I started eating a little more, kept everything the same as working out and did not feel hungry. Weight started to fall right off
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would not count breastfeeding calories burned as exercise, as I don't agree with logging what you burn cleaning house . All of this is taken into consideration already. If it's something that's part of your everyday life and not an actual workout or exercise regimen..I don't log.
    Try different methods. Try cutting back a couple hundred calories a day and see how that works. Then if that doesn't try adding in more exercise. You've just got to find the proper balance. Especially breastfeeding...I would not be relying on meal replacement shakes for nutrients. Good luck,girl! :-)
  • Jennifera714
    Options

"FICTIONAL" like your weight loss.

"FICTIONAL" Like your profile picture =)
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options

It's a pretty fantastic day when HerpDerp previously discredits someone's spelling and grammar only to find out they "some how" managed to do the same.
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    Well, eff my life. Because I'm not registered for summer semester I can't access Galileo.

Oh, well. Carry on.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    What is your point? That she should be reporting actual minutes breastfeeding everyday, or that if the above person can't site a reputable study that supports that breastfeeding burns calories, then obviously breastfeeding doesn't contribute to calorie burn. Why not just drop it?

If there's no concrete evidence it burns significant calories, it shouldn't be counted. That's my point.

Anyone who knows anything understands that nursing burns a ton of calories. When I was pregnant, I had a hard time gaining weight. My doctor lectured me about how nursing burns more calories than pregnancy does and wanted to make sure I kept up supplementing my diet with high cal, high protein shakes. Which I did.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Try different methods. Try cutting back a couple hundred calories a day and see how that works.

Bad advice, she is already eating "just 1200", which is not anywhere near what she needs breastfeeding.
  • HerpDerp745
    Options
    Well, eff my life. Because I'm not registered for summer semester I can't access Galileo.

Oh, well. Carry on.

A LIKELY story :laugh:
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    Why did my Pokemon post get removed??

Like, seriously. It was light hearted and funny.

Mods, man. They had no childhood.