Who here has a gym membership?

Options
124»

Replies

• HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    I have an LA Fitness I started about a month ago, it costs $50 a month for my husband and my family plan. We used to go to a cheaper place by our old place and I didn't want to pay more when we moved so we stopped going, trying to convince myself I'd keep working out using our equipment at home and the Wii Fit. Kept it up for a bit but stopped once I went back to work and ended up gaining back 25 lbs. The gym just keeps me more motivated. I mean, one, I'm paying for it, so I should use it. And two, the husband keeps dragging me there and reminding me if we didn't go the day before and once I'm there, even if I want to only be there for a half hour, he won't leave until his hour is done so what am I going to do, work out for a half hour and then sit and wait? Where we live there are no small places nearby so it was between LA Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness. We did a week pass at both before deciding on LA Fitness. The crowd is better, it's darker and cooler, and there's more equipment and less broken stuff. I'm sure it's just a location thing. Both had saunas and pools but I've never used both. The membership for them both cost the same but that would've been for all the LA Fitness clubs but only that 24 Hour fitness, it's nice to know if/when we move again we'll probably be near an LA Fitness, they seem more populous in this area.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I only do prancersize