Jillian Michaels- ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    @marieschneider1097 oh absolutely I can see a difference all over. Your legs look fantastic. Way to go!!!
  • Marieschneider026
    Marieschneider026 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Day 1 done

Did you do Tony Hortons workout? I am cycling back through JM RI 30. Got in workouts yesterday and today.

Tomorrow I will just do cardio. I feel like my arms are getting kind of bulky... not like it's heavy weight though, it's strange.
  • Marieschneider026
    Options
    @wellnesschaser no jm i decided to stick w it I'm on day 4 level 1
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @marieschneider1097 Nice, I'm sticking with Jillian too! I am not repeating the same workout two days in a row though. So I did three JMs this week. A good one today.

Keep posting!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Here's a question - does anyone like to just skip the arm work sometimes? I feel like the legs can take the work every day but it's a lot for my arms.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Here's a question - does anyone like to just skip the arm work sometimes? I feel like the legs can take the work every day but it's a lot for my arms.

When I'm doing it multiple days in a row I do skip the arm workout sometimes or do a different one because the same muscles are getting worked so much that I just plain can do it! Like my shoulders, because in some of the levels even the cardio and abs involve the shoulders on top of the actual strength section. My legs like you tend to handle the multiple days completely fine!
  • Marieschneider026
    Options
    @wellnesschaser I love <3 the arms but I trying the killer buns and thighs :) have you tried it?
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @marieschneider1097 I haven't - is it a Jillian Michaels? Lots of squats? (I need them.)

I am still doing the RI30 workouts but will need something new eventually!
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    I definitely didn't feel like the level 4 was the hardest level in RI30, did anyone else feel like that too? I mean it was heard, but I guess I found exercises in the 3rd level much harder.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo I agree, I think Level 4 is a step down from Level 3. I like the muscle balance aspect though - she basically starts it out with yoga moves!

@marieschneider1097 I looked into JM Killer Buns and Thighs (using the word "buns" in fitness titles always kills me haha) and it looks really good. It's in my amazon shopping cart but I can get it on Prime first which is exciting!
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    @wellnesschaser I know I loved that yoga part! I definitely still loved the work out and had fun, I really like the ab parts too.

I recently bought her yoga DVD, if you liked that little bit at the beginning you would love it! It's a pretty standard yoga flow but she takes it up a notch so you get an awesome work out. It's really hard, but fun if you like yoga!
  • crazypoundstolose
    crazypoundstolose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Do you think it's better to do each level continuously for a week or alternate each level every day so that I don't work the same muscle group everyday?
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    I have a question. Do you think it's better to do each level continuously for a week or alternate each level every day so that I don't work the same muscle group everyday?

I like to alternate :smile: It helps me be able to do more days in a row and go full force every time because I can do a level 1 full force when I'm sore and tired or a level 4 full force if I am feeling good.
  • crazypoundstolose
    crazypoundstolose Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I like to alternate :smile: It helps me be able to do more days in a row and go full force every time because I can do a level 1 full force when I'm sore and tired or a level 4 full force if I am feeling good.

Yes this sounds good and makes sense too. Just thinking about doing the same workout Continuosly doesn't motivate me enough. Thank you.
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options

Yes this sounds good and makes sense too. Just thinking about doing the same workout Continuosly doesn't motivate me enough. Thank you.

Oh yeah definitely, it is way more fun switching it up! The cool thing is they are all pretty fun and different, I end up doing them all fairly equally haha
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited July 2017
    Options

I rotate through them now, too. Doing it the right way made me a little bored and I felt more fatigued. I wanted to stay true to the program, but this way I can work out for more consecutive days. I know it's light weight but I still want my muscles to recover every day.

@WickAndArtoo I did not know she had a yoga DVD. I'll be adding that to my cart soon. I'm grateful these DVDs are so accessible, I mean, $10 on Amazon vs 10 times that for many other programs is pretty sweet.

• Marieschneider026
    Options
    @wellnesschaser hi :) I'm still here lol I had to delete the app for storage space :# I also got the Jillian app!! And <3 it! I'm starting transform 90, on day 3! She does 2 strength days and then a all cardio day.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi @Marieschneider026! That's great - so the workouts stream to your phone or device? I will look into this. I'm still rotating through the four RI30s, adding extra weights and balance discs and seeing if I can someday do all the moves 100%... getting close! Keep us updated!
  • Marieschneider026
    Options
    @wellnesschaser yes but they take up a lot of storage on my phone