Respect on the boards

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    I am going to make people mad yep I sure am!

tumblr_mmy4znDjiR1rlgoxko1_400.gif

wowzers!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    If you know that 95% of MFP people are respectful and eager to help, why do you dignify the rude 5% with a rant?
    This is the Internet. There are trolls and ill-advised people everywhere you can land your eyes on. 5% is a pretty low number, based on my experience....

tumblr_mk1cbn7JwZ1s3tqwco1_500_zps4dd296ba.gif
  • Iron_Lotus
    Who cares about internet strangers and what they say or do? It affects you in no way in real life. I would say if you don't like getting opinions from lots of different people with differing views to yours don't post on internet forums. It's the road to madness.

This!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    whatsgoingon.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    You have a 20 year old stepson? :huh:

That must be awkward.

takei-lol.gif

jeez I wish I could hear this...

I've heard his voice is positively orgasmic....

:sadpanda:

back when i listened to howard stern on sirius, he would come in occasionally and spend a week at a time as a guest on the show. he is nothing short of brilliant. his sense of humor, his level of intellect, that VOICE....my god...the voice of an angel. check out some you tube clips with him in them...hes awesome...and SUCH a good sport.

he also voices the character "ricardio" on adventure time, which is a wonderful show on cartoon network.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    1778756-oh_look_its_this_thread_again.jpg

It will help kill the rest of the day though.

FYI...One of the tamest forums on the interwebz.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    link the breastfeeding thread please...I need to go see if I need to rip a throat out
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member

That must be awkward.

takei-lol.gif

Love it!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    i've been following that breastfeeding topic but chose not to respond. imo i feel that breastfeeding should not be used as "exercise" i commend the woman for breastfeeding but at the same time to me that would fall under the housecleaning category (if i did it fat and i didn't loose weight then it's not exercise). the woman should really be eating WAY more than what she is because she is breastfeeding.

someone link me to the breastfeeding, please.

When you use the "exercise" option on MFP, it just adds calories to your daily goal. I doubt she thinks she is getting a work out from it, but rather is using that as a tool to balance her eating with the frequency of the baby feeding (hence balancing her cals in with her cals out). Not a bad idea given that babies needs change as they grow.

I am inclined to take into consideration that I have a higher than average IQ, but I didn't really think this should take much to figure out.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    I agree 100%. I can't count all the times I've ran into the most disrespectful people while posting on this board. There really needs to be more respect from everyone!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    95% of the people on this board are rational intellegent caring people on here to help people. But there is that other 5% that has nothing better than to attack and nit pick anybody for a success, failure, question or problem. We need to be here to support each other, not to attack people. for the last hour I have been watching a breastfeeding mom get torn apart because she lumped her daily breastfeeding in to 1, 9 minute session.
    I got attacked yesterday for not making my stepson 20 year old a cake at 9 pm because I already knew I would eat it. I was proud of my husband for sticking up for me and so many people tried to make me feel selfish. I didn't figure I needed to explain humor or the fact that I stock my house with other goodies for him to eat.
    People stop for a minute and remember that there is another human being on the end of the computer that is getting the message that they are somehow less of a person. Because they asked for help or didn't even think to add in every bit of information that they didn't realize was going to get picked apart. How does picking someone apart help that person? How does it help the other people who are reading the nasty posts? Just because you are hiding behind a computer screen doesn't give you the right to bully someone online. Yep if you do this you are a bully!
    Remember the golden rule if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Actually, that's Thumper's Rule.

However, we are not juvenile rabbits, so I'm not sure how it applies.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    If you know that 95% of MFP people are respectful and eager to help, why do you dignify the rude 5% with a rant?
    This is the Internet. There are trolls and ill-advised people everywhere you can land your eyes on. 5% is a pretty low number, based on my experience....

^This.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Is there wine here?
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member

tumblr_mmy4znDjiR1rlgoxko1_400.gif

WHERE do you people find these gifs? They are AMAZING
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    When will people learn not to make these threads?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Is there wine here?

nope...but how about a shot?

tumblr_m66yz8POrF1qmr7tko1_500.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member

That must be awkward.

giggle_zps0706b6b0.gif
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Am I too "old" to respond??
    Do i just have to watch?
  • Iron_Lotus

Unfortunately never.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member

These threads are needed. There is an absolute deficiency of respect on these forums and it needs to be brought to the spotlight.
This discussion has been closed.