Respect on the boards

Options

Replies

• HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    link the breastfeeding thread please...I need to go see if I need to rip a throat out

dittoes

I believe this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1055896-diary-open-am-i-eating-right-i-am-not-losing-anymore

People are incredibly rude!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    all this talk about milk and cake... now im hungry!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    This is the internet, right?

There are no winners or losers or respect givers or takers.

You have a multitude of people from all walks of lives with access to a whole world of anonymity.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    If you know that 95% of MFP people are respectful and eager to help, why do you dignify the rude 5% with a rant?
    This is the Internet. There are trolls and ill-advised people everywhere you can land your eyes on. 5% is a pretty low number, based on my experience....

tumblr_mk1cbn7JwZ1s3tqwco1_500_zps4dd296ba.gif

Thank you for the Beyoncé gif. Made me smile. :happy:
    Yeah, she so purty.
    tumblr_mftf74h6cq1rahw8eo1_500_zps42a8c177.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I am going to make people mad yep I sure am!
    95% of the people on this board are rational intellegent caring people on here to help people. But there is that other 5% that has nothing better than to attack and nit pick anybody for a success, failure, question or problem. We need to be here to support each other, not to attack people. for the last hour I have been watching a breastfeeding mom get torn apart because she lumped her daily breastfeeding in to 1, 9 minute session.
    I got attacked yesterday for not making my stepson 20 year old a cake at 9 pm because I already knew I would eat it. I was proud of my husband for sticking up for me and so many people tried to make me feel selfish. I didn't figure I needed to explain humor or the fact that I stock my house with other goodies for him to eat.
    People stop for a minute and remember that there is another human being on the end of the computer that is getting the message that they are somehow less of a person. Because they asked for help or didn't even think to add in every bit of information that they didn't realize was going to get picked apart. How does picking someone apart help that person? How does it help the other people who are reading the nasty posts? Just because you are hiding behind a computer screen doesn't give you the right to bully someone online. Yep if you do this you are a bully!
    Remember the golden rule if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Actually, the Golden Rule is "innocent until proven guilty".

...that it is the duty of the prosecution to prove the prisoner's guilt subject to... the defence of insanity and subject also to any statutory exception. If, at the end of and on the whole of the case, there is a reasonable doubt, created by the evidence given by either the prosecution or the prisoner... the prosecution has not made out the case and the prisoner is entitled to an acquittal. No matter what the charge or where the trial, the principle that the prosecution must prove the guilt of the prisoner is part of the common law of England and no attempt to whittle it down can be entertained

Woolmington v DPP [1935] UKHL 1

Actually the golden rule is:

"He who has the gold, makes the rules"

source: My dad.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I agree with you that we should all have respect on the boards, HOWEVER, creating a post slapping everyone on the hand for not getting along is not going to make people play nicely! Fortunately for us this is a free site and you can get as little or as much out of it as you choose...The negative people on here are probably getting what they want out of it too! It is the interwebs and while we SHOULD all be nice, we don't HAVE to!! No amount of posts about how people need to go sit on the time out chair is going to change that!! Sorry!
  • TreeZombie
    TreeZombie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BLAH BLAH BLAH... this elitist mentality makes me want to puke.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Isn't today the other brother's ACTUAL birthday? Don't you have a cake to frost or some candles you should be lighting OP? If you're looking for something to do rather than bang your head against a breastfeeding cals thread, maybe bake that 2nd cake.

Buahaha you're amazing. :laugh:
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    1279099630_creepy-hand.gif
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    OK, here IT IS! When ANYONE puts their "STUFF" on the Internet they should EXPECT Anything. Yes, the Mean, Dumb, Selfish, Unreasonable and just plain Stupid will chime in for attention, BUT YOU put YOUR STUFF out here for "Feedback". Either overlook the "Idiots" or get a thicker skin. Also, when you see it is a dumb response, why read it. Another thing, "Support" in MY opinion is for people who are on REASONABLE Wt Loss Eating Plans, if it has nothing to do with wt loss Nobody has to agree with Your Life and how you run it.

ETA: LMAO! GOLDEN RULE= Do unto Others as You would has them do unto You...AND if I put My Stuff on the Internet for "Feedback" and expect everyone to support My point of view, that shows I would be a little nuts. I should expect the world to be the world = A big Bag of Mixed Nuts with DIFFERENT Perspectives!
  • jasoncbackus
    jasoncbackus Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This is the internet, right?

There are no winners or losers or respect givers or takers.

You have a multitude of people from all walks of lives with access to a whole world of anonymity.

I would argue that there are losers.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    BLAH BLAH BLAH... this elitist mentality makes me want to puke.

well, HELLO THERE!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Is there wine here?

There's lots of whine

Ha!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I agree with you that we should all have respect on the boards, HOWEVER, creating a post slapping everyone on the hand for not getting along is not going to make people play nicely! Fortunately for us this is a free site and you can get as little or as much out of it as you choose...The negative people on here are probably getting what they want out of it too! It is the interwebs and while we SHOULD all be nice, we don't HAVE to!! No amount of posts about how people need to go sit on the time out chair is going to change that!! Sorry!

yeah, and im only nice when i get cake and breastmilk in return...
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ahhh this thread should help the last 30 minutes at the office fly by.

grinning.gif

I agree with the op however sometimes I can't help but giggle at others sick humor like the above ^^ :laugh:

To the op be very cautious before u post..... They will pick you apart lol they are bored and grumpy from not enough calories and/or protein lol
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I am deeply concerned that you think 95% of MFP members are rational and intelligent.

+1
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Is there wine here?

There's lots of whine

Internet hug for that one. MFP people are also witty.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    link the breastfeeding thread please...I need to go see if I need to rip a throat out

dittoes

I believe this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1055896-diary-open-am-i-eating-right-i-am-not-losing-anymore

People are incredibly rude!

You mean YOU are incredibly rude.

Or just really certain that your misinformed opinion is correct and cannot possibly be wrong even though it defies common sense.

:laugh:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :cry:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Ahhh this thread should help the last 30 minutes at the office fly by.

grinning.gif

I agree with the op however sometimes I can't help but giggle at others sick humor like the above ^^ :laugh:

To the op be very cautious before u post..... They will pick you apart lol they are bored and grumpy from not enough calories and/or protein lol

Interesting.

Wrong...

...but interesting.

Or perhaps by "they" you meant the 95%...or the 5%...of which I'm not a member. I'm actually confused about which bucket I belong.

Whichever it is, I hope it's the one with cake.
This discussion has been closed.