Ladies' Advice

Options
A_Witty_Ginger
A_Witty_Ginger Posts: 47 Member
So, at 29 yeaes old I'm in this weight loss journey, bettering myself, becoming healthy and fit, and changing a lot of things in my life. One thing I could use a bit of help with is wardrobe. I've always been a modest "tshirt and jeans" type, but with this new lifestyle I was thinking of "reimaging" myself. Looking for some new duds and wondering what the opposite sex likes to see a man wear.

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with jeans and shirt, as long as they are nice and fit nicely.
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options
    Nothing wrong with jeans and shirt, as long as they are nice and fit nicely.

Know a good clothing line? I have a couple Nautica shirts that are nice
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options
    Here's some ideas
    lmj6kb187ka3.jpg
    g0ehd0y5j8jk.jpg
    cbqldbvsc97s.jpg
    vjc1qag08pyp.jpg
    37iedd9hnbrb.jpg

Thanks, Im not too far off then lol. I like a good solid-colored button up shirt thats just a tad formal, but untucked. Definitely jeans over khakis. I get called out on this all the time as a faux pas, but sometimes i wear a flex shirt in places other than the gym, but they're really comfortable lol. I have a broad frame and like the mobility in the arms
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I like jeans and t-shirts when they fit nicely. Not super tight but not super baggy either. Especially when the guy has some muscles and you can tell by the way the t-shirt fits. Polo's and jeans are nice too if you want to get a little fancier.

The problem i isually run into are the shirts that "teepee" below the chest. Know what i mean? I have a broad frame and usually have to get plus sizes for mobility in the arms and shoulders but everything droops out inches from my waist lol. Tried tucking shirts in but it looked super goofy
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    As long as you are confident and feel good plus the clothes fit nicely, you'll look good to us ;)
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options
    I like jeans and t-shirts when they fit nicely. Not super tight but not super baggy either. Especially when the guy has some muscles and you can tell by the way the t-shirt fits. Polo's and jeans are nice too if you want to get a little fancier.

The problem i isually run into are the shirts that "teepee" below the chest. Know what i mean? I have a broad frame and usually have to get plus sizes for mobility in the arms and shoulders but everything droops out inches from my waist lol. Tried tucking shirts in but it looked super goofy

Don't move your arms then. Do you think we have good mobility in high heels lol

Haha! Touché.
  • CNG24
    Options

I recommend a tailor ;)
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options
    CNG24 wrote: »

I recommend a tailor ;)

I actually really want to do that. Once i hit my target weight/ inches i intend to have some nice shirts made.
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what type of women you want to attract. The photos above are a nice start! But then again, I may not have been looking at the clothes. Lol! I tend to look more at their face. I'm sure other women do too. Jeans and shirts are fine with me!
  • CNG24
    Options

I recommend a tailor ;)

I actually really want to do that. Once i hit my target weight/ inches i intend to have some nice shirts made.

Yeah, retail shops just don't make clothes that fit people right lol
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of button-up plaid shirts, especially when the sleeves are rolled up a bit.

I don't think those would give you the "teepee" effect you mentioned.
    I second this. Men look sexy in button up shirts with the sleeves rolled up a nice pair of fitted jeans but not skinny jeans and a casual shoe. And if you have broad shoulders is the perfect look for you.

I might be a minority, but guys look sexy when they are sexy, even if they are wearing shorts, white T-shirt and dirty sneakers.
    I don't like guys that look like they are trying too hard.
    PS. Just don't wear flip flops. Men feet are ugly.
  • CNG24
    Options
    I'm a big fan of button-up plaid shirts, especially when the sleeves are rolled up a bit.

I second this. Men look sexy in button up shirts with the sleeves rolled up a nice pair of fitted jeans but not skinny jeans and a casual shoe. And if you have broad shoulders is the perfect look for you.

I might be a minority, but guys look sexy when they are sexy, even if they are wearing shorts, white T-shirt and dirty sneakers.

Yes! This! You can wear holy jeans and a dirty tee... if you look good you just look good lmao
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options

Ahhhh.... gotcha. Hmmmm... do they make t-shirts for guys that are athletic fit? Kinda like how they have them in button downs for broader shoulders and smaller waists?

They do, but i have a bit of a gut and am self conscious about the tightness around my midriff. I know its lame to complain about the two, lol so i will settle for the bigger sizes until i can run that gut away.
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options
    I guess it depends on what type of women you want to attract. The photos above are a nice start! But then again, I may not have been looking at the clothes. Lol! I tend to look more at their face. I'm sure other women do too. Jeans and shirts are fine with me!

My favorite pic she sent was "Confused guy on Bicycle" lol
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options

Yes! This! You can wear holy jeans and a dirty tee... if you look good you just look good lmao

If you ever want to see a guy trip and fall flat on his face give me a pair of flip flops haha. And I definitely dont have the build for skinny jeans. I feel like i look best in fitted jeans and a sleek, button up shirt. I have a dark emerald button shirt from Hugh Laurie that just fits me perfect. Always looking for a formal excuse to wear it
  • CNG24
    Options

Hahahaha... mine was the last pic cuz C'MON RR... lol
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Right! Lol! I think as you lose the inches and feel more confident, that will attract ladies. Confidence, you have a nice face. Good luck to you! ;)
  • CNG24
    Options

If you ever want to see a guy trip and fall flat on his face give me a pair of flip flops haha. And I definitely dont have the build for skinny jeans. I feel like i look best in fitted jeans and a sleek, button up shirt. I have a dark emerald button shirt from Hugh Laurie that just fits me perfect. Always looking for a formal excuse to wear it

Green on a ginger... HELLO! Hehe
  • ParadigmShifter
    ParadigmShifter Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    @A_Witty_Ginger, look for shirts that say "Athletic Fit". I know exactly what you mean about shirts that "teepee". I'm busty yet my waist is small (I <3 stomach vacuums) and regular shirts just don't work for me.