Options
124»

Replies

• mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lezelle123 wrote: »
    im surprised that no one has mentioned to increase your water intake. hunger pangs are usually associated with dehydration not hunger. the average person needs to drink at least 3 quarts of water a day for normal function. when losing weight you should divide your body weight in half and then that is how many ounces you should drink in a day MINIMUM. more if exercising.
    This isn't necessary. She just has to eat enough, and drink enough.

lezelle123 wrote: »
    So do i just drink water... always? Coffee allowed at least once a day.. pushing at twice
    Nothing is "allowed" or "forbidden"! The whole point with MFP (as I see it) is to do exactly as you want. You want to lose weight? Eat less. That's all you have to do. What you eat/drink, is up to you. Some foods and drinks will make it easier for you to eat less, other foods/drinks will make it harder. Exectly what will work for you, is impossible for others to know, but there are some common themes: Variety, balance, fat, protein, fiber. Some people have to have their daily chocolate. Others need to stay away from chocolate completely. You do NOT have to eat three meals and two snacks, you do NOT have to drink 2.87 litres of water, you do NOT have to have a Hershey's kiss after dinner, you do NOT have to cut out soda.

Thanks so much! Yeah im just doing it the way i want to. As long as im cutting out the calories MFP arw telling me to then i should loose weight. Thanks for your advice. Can i ask if you go by macros? I dont think i have to? Long as i cut calories right? X

Yeah you can 100% still lose weight regardless of your macros if you're in a calorie deficit. The macro suggestions people are making are just to help you feel a bit fuller, as sometimes more fat/protein in favour of less carbohydrate will depress your hunger. They can also help with specific athletic goals, if you have them. Do whatever is best for you - as long as you're within your calorie goal, you should lose some :)
  • peckchris3267
    peckchris3267 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Eggs and bacon will fill you up and keep you feeling full for a long time. An egg only has 70 calories so 4 eggs has about as many calories as a bowl of cereal but will stay with you much longer.
  • lezelle123
    lezelle123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks