I finally tried Halo Top, and..

Options
124»

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The s'mores is disappointing. It tastes coconutty, and I don't know about you, but I don't put coconut in my s'mores.

I wear coconut shells on my boobs.
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream was pretty blah, but Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Birthday Cake and Chocolate all taste amazing to me.

but I will admit, there is NOTHING like the real ice cream. Not a bluebell fan though, Breyers is where my loyalty lies.
  • JewelsAU
    JewelsAU Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I hated Halo Top.. thumbs down. Anyone want the smores I have left? It tastes like butter pecan.

Chocolate was the closest that resembled what was in the container.. $5.99 and containers not even filled up, no thanks, I do not need diet food this badly.

Sticking with taste, texture and creaminess of real ice cream.

• lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I got some today for the first time. Picked up black cherry and chocolate almond crunch at Wal-Mart for $3.88 apiece. By the time I got my kid out of the toy department, paid and got home, they were pretty sufficiently thawed. So I peeled the lids off and tasted them.

Chocolate almond crunch was VERY almond-y. As in, more almond flavor than can be detected simply by adding in almond pieces, so there was some artificial flavoring. Reminded me of something I can't quite put my finger on. Not bad if you like that kind of thing, but not sure how much I could tolerate in one sitting. Plenty of almond chunks, which is good.

The black cherry was awesome. Definitely my favorite of the 2. Sweet but not sickening. Good flavor. Creamy. Some tiny, chewy cherry bits. Winner.

Granted, I only had a spoonful of each, but I was pleasantly surprised. I know it's a tossup if someone will like it or not... seems to get really mixed reviews. I honestly went in expecting to be disappointed, but I really wasn't. I also wonder if anyone who complains about texture is letting it soften up enough. Texture was just fine to me. I'm not a huge ice cream fanatic, though. I can really take it or leave it most of the time, so maybe I just don't have the refined ice cream palate!
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I need to try it but I'm still a Ben and Jerry's *kitten*