How is it so easy for so many people to eat less?

Options

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    When I was your weight I used to cut on 1800-2000ish calories. Now I cut on 1500. I also took a yolo break over the winter where I was probably eating 2500 calories and had to reduce that to 1550 to cut. It's a big adjustment because you get used to eating at a certain time, or certain things... those are all habits you need time to adjust. Hunger is a normal feeling, and you SHOULD feel it... but also be mindful that you're not losing too quickly because that is an indication that your calories are perhaps a bit too low. Everyone is different and I can tell you I cut on this, and someone half your weight may have cut on that... at the end of the day if your data is good the answers you need will be right in front of you :)

Good luck!
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    YMMV, but I find that eating more fat helps me a lot, especially at the end of the day. Fat is associated with satiety so it might help to replace some of the carbohydrates you're eating with fats.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas here. Wondering if you could be at peace with including your favorite foods, maybe one a day, and just very small, carefully measured portions? I find I have to have something I love every day, even it's only one small piece of chocolate. As they say, the first couple of bites are the best anyway. Maybe that way you could slowly wean yourself from the larger portions - just knowing you don't have to deprive yourself completely of your favorite foods.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    You have to find that reason or that motivation to stick with it. When losing weight and/or getting fit becomes as critical as breathing air... you'll be able to do it.