How to cook boneless chicken breast that's not dried out

Options

Replies

• rozellecreek
    rozellecreek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bake mine but do not salt until it's done. Salt has a tendency to draw water out of it. I know this contrary to what everyone else is saying, however higher heat and no salt works for me.
  • nickhinds88
    nickhinds88 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Season it up make sure some salt aswell that'll make it retain it's juices bake it at 425 for 20 mins that is all. No fail juicy chicken breasts
  • catita1025
    catita1025 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm not able to eat much sodium...so for me, chicken needs to be somewhat plain. Low broil...10 to 12 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. Also, the chicken needs to be completely defrosted prior to broiling.
  • hess1952
    hess1952 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My husband got some of those Grill mats for his BBQ and everything he makes now is so juicy and moist. I think they are Yoshida Mats. We bought them at Wal-Mart, but you can get them at Amazon too
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Crock pot :)
  • kboaz1967
    kboaz1967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bake mine in a foil packet that is completely sealed up, no oil, just spices and it's never dry
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I use Maggi bags and herb/spice mixes - https://www.maggi.co.uk/products/so-juicy/
    (I don't know if you can get them outside Europe, but there's probably something similar)

Also butterfly or hammer to flatten.
    Or just use chicken thighs - they really do taste better!
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If I grill it, I usually opt for a healthy but rich sauce to serve with it. Usually I boil my chicken and shred it, add it to my salads or mix it with Greek yogurt and spices as a 'chicken salad'
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    I take a thick breast and slice it into two equally thick pieces. Cover in olive oil and broil 3 - 4 minutes on each side. The breast always come out juicy and moist.
  • Wotan48
    Wotan48 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker is my best friend :)
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I put my chicken in either a crockpot on low heat. Or in a casserole dish if in a hurry. With a lid on it. Make sure to put it in there on 3 min intervals.....check it and turn them over keep doing 3 min intervals. Chicken is moist and perfect
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    For tacos and such, crockpot is wonderful. 1 jar of salsa and 3-4 pounds chicken. Low for 8 hours and it comes out shreddable, not dry, and very tasty! Great for anything where you want a Mexican flavor. Otherwise, I subscribe to the 450 oven for 17-19 minute setup. I usually brine in a weak-ish salt solution for 15-20 min as well. I vary the spices...Italian, taco (if I'm out of shredded or want diced instead), lemon pepper, cilantro-lime, pesto dry seasoning, ranch dressing mix, etc.
  • claudeCH67
    claudeCH67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Put it into the oven by low temperature ( 80 degrees ), very short into a pan by high heat. Et voila ...
  • BarbaraSmith9
    BarbaraSmith9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try different brands, too. I have seen big differences in flavor and tenderness in higher-quality, fresh chicken breasts vs. the supermarket multi-pack. I buy Bell & Evans chicken, which is air-chilled vs. water-chilled -- it seems to make a huge difference.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    I have found that any way you cook it baked or grilled. Let it rest about 10 minutes or more before you cut it. If you cut it right out of the oven all the juices will run out on the board. If you let it rest they redistribute into the meat.

Also get a quick read thermometer to test it. 160 is what you are looking for it will actually rise while it is resting.

It is also juicer when cooked on the bone. I usually bake chicken breast on the bone with skin, season with seasoning of choice, 350 for 1 hour or internal temp 165, let rest 10 or 15 minutes and serve.

Here is a marinade. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-chicken.html

I want to try cooking chicken on a
    Pressure cooker.
    http://healinggourmet.com/healthy-recipes/pressure-cooker-chicken/
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I want to make it!!!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Consider making your marinade double as a brine solution,
    that will put some moisture into the chicken before cooking.
  • chumpss420
    chumpss420 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pound it flat then grill it 3 min each side
  • maddietheresa
    maddietheresa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Boil the chicken (poach) for tender and moist texture, then if you'd like the chicken crispy or golden brown on the outside you can grill, sautée, or bake. Super simple
  • watervampire
    watervampire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-moist-tender-chicken-breasts-every-time-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-36891
    This method produces fully cooked, tender juicy breasts every single time. I don't even pound the breasts anymore and they still come out perfect. Do NOT open the lid while cooking!