Help! Bridesmaid dress doesn't fit. 2 weeks to go..

Options

Replies

• LoMonroe87
    LoMonroe87 Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So update lol! I may have not been doing it the healthy way since I got it last fitted but just tried dress on and now it's too big! No happy medium here.

Tips on if it stays that way how I can take it in more without alters? Safety pins possibly? Etc
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Why can't you get it taken out
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    honestly pay for alterations but if you really just want to lose the weight I would follow a vegan whole foods diet (so lots and lots and lots of vegetables, fruit, some but not a lot of nuts) and also well fitting shape wear
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Don't use safety pins, they have this horrible habit of looking ugly and like to become unsprung. Get it altered properly.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    LoMonroe87 wrote: »
    So update lol! I may have not been doing it the healthy way since I got it last fitted but just tried dress on and now it's too big! No happy medium here.

Tips on if it stays that way how I can take it in more without alters? Safety pins possibly? Etc

How much did you lose in 4 days?
    Where is it too loose?
    I'd say use pins. Padded bra. Belt in a matching color.
    Eat and drink normally.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    What style of dress is this? It sounds very unforgiving if it can go from too small to too big in a few days...

Assuming you're not either busting out of it or dealing with it falling off you, I say wear the darn dress and accept that the day isn't about you and part of being a bridesmaid is wearing a funky, slightly ill-fitted dress that you wouldn't normally pick out in order to help make your friend happy on her wedding day.

Ding ding ding. This for the win!
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Have the dress altered and pay more attention to proper diet and exercise from now on.

You don't gain or lose so much weight as to make it so your clothes don't fit overnight.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Man, that does sound like an unforgiving dress. What kind of cut is it? Is there a particular part of it that's getting too loose / too tight?
  • jenmarrs429
    jenmarrs429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Dress too big? Cheesecake!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Holy water weight, Batman....
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    Just wear it during the service, then change into something that fits better for the reception.

It's just a wedding. I got married for $100 to someone I'd known for 2 months on a holiday, and been married 25 years and counting. It's just one day, and no-one but you will remember what you wore to the reception.

The bride may frown on her changing after the ceremony. I was a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding and we had these long, high-necked sheath dresses with really light weight fabric - I felt like I was wearing a long slip and felt really uncomfortable in it. I asked her if I could change out of it for the reception, and it was a big NO. Bridesmaids usually don't change out of their dresses. You may not have cared, but plenty of people do, and pictures last forever.

Sheesh, I'm not saying change into a tracksuit and ugg boots, and she's not going to have "Bridesmaid" tattooed on her forehead in the photos.

Just wear the tight dress in the ceremony, then change into a nice dress suitable for a wedding for the reception, if the bridesmaid dress doesn't have enough material in it to be taken out.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Getting it taken out isn't an option right now. Already had it taken in from losing weight prior and now it's too tight. The zipper does go up but barely and feel like if I move at all it may rip. I have 2 weeks to go. I hate crash type diets but any advice or similar stories??

MASTER CLEANSE!!!!!!!!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Just wear it during the service, then change into something that fits better for the reception.

It's just a wedding. I got married for $100 to someone I'd known for 2 months on a holiday, and been married 25 years and counting. It's just one day, and no-one but you will remember what you wore to the reception.

u consistently give terrible advice

Orphia, has been successful in her weight loss and has been a great member of this community. You could learn a lot from her. There is no need to be insulting, just because you disagree with her opinion on this subject.
    Getting it taken out isn't an option right now. Already had it taken in from losing weight prior and now it's too tight. The zipper does go up but barely and feel like if I move at all it may rip. I have 2 weeks to go. I hate crash type diets but any advice or similar stories??

MASTER CLEANSE!!!!!!!!!

Horrible idea and can cause some rather unpleasant outcomes. There has been some rather graphic posts of said outcomes. Plus it can risk heath. It's also no longer relevant, if you read the rest of the thread.

OP, not sure what you've done to go from the dress being too small to now being too big in four days, and probably best that you don't share. I agree with those saying the day is about the bride and groom. No need to harm yourself to get there.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

u consistently give terrible advice

you are seriously questioning someone else's advice when you just suggested 'master cleanse' ????

Touche...