Women over 40 ..

Options

Replies

• Sunshine6909
    Sunshine6909 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Did the "2 Mile Walk at Home" on Utube. 30 minutes. Great workout! :-)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I want to try logging during the week, but may take off weekends. I am mostly in maintenance now, so trying to find some balance. I workout with a lot of videos at home and get to the gym to lift or pool to swim when I can.
  • Never2Bz
    Never2Bz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 66 and reached 2000 days yesterday with one of my buddies reaching 1000 days as well!!!! I've been up and down but never to my original high that brought me to MFP. I'm also "attached at the hip" to my "pill size" Fitbit. I was an "event dieter"... I'd lose weight for weddings, high school reunions, etc... now I'm battling age as well as weight so I'm more focused than ever! Good luck...
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Me too :-)
  • MonicaAnn50
    MonicaAnn50 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Would like to be add too! Thanks!
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 55 but would love to add some supportive friends. I can't figure out how to add anyone though! Can some ladies add me please ? I am doing about 80% vegetarian and just joined a gym. I do yoga a few times a week and have for years but it's gentle. I have 3 kids all grown 27, 24, and 21!!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and am on a three-year plus streak. It took a couple years, but I lost 120-ish pounds and am in maintenance.

This works! And it can help you, too! Add me! :smiley:
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Please add me. This is my second time at this. It's so much harder to lose weight the older you get. Friends will make it much more fun.
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi, add me. I'm turning 41 in July.
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    How's everyone doing?
    I don't seem to be losing much weight but am gradually getting back in to exercising and am feeling better .
    Hope you're all doing ok
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I just turned 43. Somedays, like today when my hip is sore, I feel all of that and more but I feel I'm in the best shape I've been since my 20s so I'll take the occasional ache and pain. It's worth it in the long run.
  • coleen6388
    coleen6388 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and could use motivation to stay the course Please feel free to add me
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @coleen6388 . I'm 48 and, though I feel I'm doing ok now, I know it'll get harder when I'm on holiday - or even just when the novelty of MFP wears off. I'll also be needing motivation!
  • melllief
    melllief Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    shonat11 wrote: »
    Hi,
    How's everyone doing?
    I don't seem to be losing much weight but am gradually getting back in to exercising and am feeling better .
    Hope you're all doing ok

Learning a lot this week, the consequence of poor choices is so enlightening and really helping me make way more healthy choices. So the weight hasn't been going down much either. But, I'm focused on working out so still trekking steroids forward. We have to just keep taking steps forward!

• 2bfitChris
    2bfitChris Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just turned 47, been off and on the weightloss rollercoaster. Having a hard time getting and keeping the motivation. I need to lose right around 100 lbs.
  • SurrogateMuse
    SurrogateMuse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Looking for some motivated friends and this seems to be the right place. I'll try to add everyone.

I'm 43 next month. I've been fit most of my life but have lost that over the past 5 years. There are lots of factors but having gained 50lbs, I am taking control now before it effects my health.

I've lost 20 so far but would love to have some motivational friends here.

Add me if you're new or if I haven't added you.
  • LiftsTheBarBeastModeCooper
    Options
    Anyone here please feel free to add me.

I haven't been consistent with my workouts and logging food. I seen that it takes 21 days for something to become a habit. SO, I am challenging myself to 21 days straight (no rest) of exercising and logging everything I eat and drink.

Who else is challenging yourself in the next 30 days and is looking for healthy competition???
  • 1sweetblonde
    1sweetblonde Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im 48 looking for support and friwnds to help keep me in line...i have been using herbalife to help me with my journey so far it's been a great one feel free to add me.
  • marji1974
    marji1974 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I'm 43 and looking for friends to motivate and support me. Need to get back to a healthier me. I'm an emotional eater and struggle with maintaining a healthy weight. I lost 65 + pounds 2 years ago but then let a heath issue after gallbladder removal surgery set me back. So back at it again.
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    shonat11 wrote: »
    Hi,
    How's everyone doing?
    Hope you're all doing ok

@shonat11 - are you noticing your clothes getting looser? My numbers on the scale aren't going down as quickly, but my pants/shorts are getting looser