Eating less than 1200 calories a day and exercising at least a 1000 and not losing weight

Options
12345679»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am indeed eating 1,200 calories per day (I will be upping this to 1,500 on the back of all your comments).
    To clear things up, I am indeed burning 1000 calories, sometimes more per day by doing things like HIIT, Zumba and then after it 30 mins non-stop of swimming. I feel incredibly fit and full of energy. Therefore, 200 calories net, yes.

Reality check: You're not burning 1,000 calories doing that stuff. If you were doing HIIT, you wouldn't be able to do it every day. What you're calling HIIT is probably calisthenics. It's not just you, everybody does that nowadays. If you were really surviving on 200 kCal a day and doing such intense exercise at such high volume, you would not feel full of energy.

And yet he's losing five pounds a week. Not for one week. For a month. How do you think he's doing that without a major calorie deficit? He's only around 240 lbs. or so. What do you think his BMR is for a 2500-calorie daily deficit if you doubt he's netting 200 kcal?

Edited to fix typo.

I think it's funny people are actually debating this...

I think it's a total fabrication and it is so funny to watch people go back and forth on what is being said...smh.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I am indeed eating 1,200 calories per day (I will be upping this to 1,500 on the back of all your comments).
    To clear things up, I am indeed burning 1000 calories, sometimes more per day by doing things like HIIT, Zumba and then after it 30 mins non-stop of swimming. I feel incredibly fit and full of energy. Therefore, 200 calories net, yes.

Reality check: You're not burning 1,000 calories doing that stuff. If you were doing HIIT, you wouldn't be able to do it every day. What you're calling HIIT is probably calisthenics. It's not just you, everybody does that nowadays. If you were really surviving on 200 kCal a day and doing such intense exercise at such high volume, you would not feel full of energy.

And yet he's losing five pounds a week. Not for one week. For a month. How do you think he's doing that without a major calorie deficit? He's only around 240 lbs. or so. What do you think his BMR is for a 2500-calorie daily deficit if you doubt he's netting 200 kcal?

Edited to fix typo.

Exactly. I'm confused why people are even arguing the 1000 calorie burn with these fact. Heck I'm 5'5" and 140 lbs and I can burn that much in a day with 2 hours at the gym and a walk. Really doesn't find it hard to believe for a 109 lbs man...

As to OP ignoring everyone's advice, nothing we can do unfortunately. Have fun regaining all the muscle you lose, OP.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think you're either overestimating your calorie burn. Or you're gaining muscle. Do you look slimmer?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,

4legs
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.