Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Another lazy supper that was actually quite good. One large bag of pre-washed baby spinach with EVOO, salt a little balsamic topped with 2 diced hard boiled eggs and one piece of Gorton's Simply grilled salmon. I had been skeptical of frozen fish, but it’s really good (and 90 cals).

Desert was Fage 0 with Quest powder stirred in.
  • nowine4me
    Options
    That looks delicious— minus the carrots, which I despise.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    That looks delicious— minus the carrots, which I despise.

been trying to avoid just eating all the time allowed self twice my normal meal calories for it XD Was delicious considering i thought i had nothing to eat at home lol. Was impressed i was STARVING and passed on fast foods even thinking all i had to eat at home was fruit n veg and i wanted fat and protein after a long cold hard days work. Quite proud of self :D
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Any new recipes or creations anyone has tried out?

Made this jambalaya a week ago. Took it to a Christmas party. Took the leftovers home. Got a request to make it again this week. Easy and filling and you could add rice for volume if you like. Made a double batch in a large slow cooker.

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/low-carb-crock-pot-jambalaya-96660

Also made this cauliflower casserole recently. Will make this again.

http://foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/loaded-cauliflower-casserole-3696425

• SunkissedBrownSugga
    Options
    Hi; Does acorn and butternut squash have a sweet flavor or more of a mild savory flavor? I have recently stated to eat more veggies and no meats or fish so far. I noticed a 4lb difference in my weight in one week. Crazy, but my caloric intake was almost the same as when I am tracking and eating meat!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    ij3ae9emye2a.jpeg
    These are 5 cup Tupperware bowls stuffed with roast eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, broccoli and butternut. Heat 3 minutes at work and top with cottage cheese. I follow it with an apple and Greek yogurt for a <500 cal lunch.

I've been wondering if roasted veggies taste good after warming up the next day.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    What does butternut squash taste like?
  • nowine4me
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I guess the closest would be sweet potato, but not as dense.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I guess the closest would be sweet potato, but not as dense.

Hmmm. I gotta try it. Thanks :)
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi; Does acorn and butternut squash have a sweet flavor or more of a mild savory flavor? I have recently stated to eat more veggies and no meats or fish so far. I noticed a 4lb difference in my weight in one week. Crazy, but my caloric intake was almost the same as when I am tracking and eating meat!

I've never had acorn squash, but I find butternut squash more sweet than savory. Could be the way I cook it. I love to mix it with more savory vegetables. Delicata squash is also awesome, and I find it easier to cut.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

I've never had acorn squash, but I find butternut squash more sweet than savory. Could be the way I cook it. I love to mix it with more savory vegetables. Delicata squash is also awesome, and I find it easier to cut.

love acorn squash - I buy them organic because the skin is also eatable when cooked. Love them roasted - not as sweet as sweet potato -mild/not as dense as one either
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I love butternut squash- I find they have a mild slightly sweet taste. I love all kinds of squash as well.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    This is me!!! Just found this thread, and I'm totally a volume eater!

One of my fave "volume" meals (apart from a big-*kitten* salad, like I read in some of the earlier posts) is a sushi-type wrap, made with some coleslaw out of a pack (no dressing) half a packet of Uncle Toby's instant rice and quinoa, some protein (like flavoured tinned tuna or chicken- teriyaki is good) and a bit of dressing of some description, if I have the calories for it, and if the protein needs extra flavour. Divide into about 3 portions and wrap each portion up in a nori sheet. Then eat the lot! Pretty filling, makes me feel like I'm eating sushi but with less calories. Love it!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad for this thread. I'm currently bulking on 2400 cals but I need to volume eat because otherwise I'd eat 4000! Love all the ideas, thank you!