What sucks about My Fitness Pal!

Options
123457»

Replies

• ejonesy
    ejonesy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What suck's about my fitness pal...people complaining my fitness pal sucks. Get off the site then.

Grumpy people with bad grammar...:flowerforyou:

Touche. Ooops...and not grumpy. :)
  • susiesweets
    Options
    No, just how I find it ironic that junk food ads are often on MFP.
    And second, clean eating is eating all good nutritous foods
    You get ads specific to you, based on your browsing history.

So if you're getting a lot of junk food ads, well ....

wow ... you people who really believe this are just sooo wrong. The advertisements have nothing to do with browser history or more than half of mine wouldn't show up.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    There's no "like" button, which means my lazy *kitten* has to type compliments:laugh:

I'm glad there is no "like" button. Because then the sheeple might be tempted to read and think about a comment for themselves instead of forming their opinion based on the number of "likes".

I want a "like" button too!
    Because the only way to show you like a comment is to quote it...and post it...which makes the threads VERY long and takes up space on the interwebs. (sarcasm at myself.)

I don't form opinions based on "# of likese something gets". I just want people to know that I LIKE their comment.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Right now I have a Coca Cola ad for the fight against obesity (wut) and a Victoria's Secret ad because of course.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Yep. Ads are linked to your browing history. I was looking for a used car for my daughter now I get all kinds of pop ups from cars.com, carmax etc.. I hate it

Someone here told me about an ad blocker called ghostery. I installed it and it's great. No more ads.

It also blocks site trackers that track where you're going, your interests and what you're buying. I highly recommend.

And whoever told me about it, I don't remember... thanks again. :smile:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    When someone reports you, you should know who. no anonymity. Some people are trigger crazy with the current system.
    Ha ha! Just stop typing whatever naughty posts you are typing and you won't get reported :wink:

People will report you for all sorts of random innocuous stuff.. because there are too many people here who have nothing to contribute to a thread except butt hurt.

We're being eaten alive by political correctness.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...because I opened this thread in a separate tab yesterday to read it...

...but now I'm not sure I still want to.

This bump will let me sort that out.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Keep a stiff upper lip!! You will survive with or without pizza ads :)