I'm a piece of crap

Options
1235»

Replies

• ninka_polish
    ninka_polish Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did that before. Conversation helps but changes nothing in my case. Anyway it's just a matter of months now:) with proper weight loss I'll be very happy going home for Christmas :))
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,300 Member
    Options
    from a mother (i have 4 kids) your parents love you regardless of your size, (or anything else for that matter) its in their DNA they simply can't help it ... If I thought my daughter wouldn't come and see me because she was overweight I would be devastated!

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    So I didn't fly that day. And on Skype i say the cam is broken so they can't see me. During chat I say I'm 91kg when in reality I'm 113.5kg.....the truth is my parents are kind and supportive in every way but they worry too much and they worry so much it affects them whether they want it or not. The only way to see them again for me is to lose weight.

Okay.... I see this as the classic depression spiral.

You worry that you will worry others so you isolate yourself from them. Which will make them worry more. So you withdraw more. This can end up cutting you off from a source of support.

Look you are overweight. Not a criminal. It may be a bit embarrassing but you are hardly unique. Chances are you are not even the fattest person in town.

So just come clean. It can be refreshing to just fess up to being heavy. You aren't saying you have cancer or a std or some weird tropical disease. You are .... Gasp! In need of a good weight loss plan! Oh wait you found one... :)
  • ninka_polish
    Options
    Did it ever happen to you to write a lovely reply or thread and instead of "post reply" you click on "Done" and you lose it all.....grrrr lol
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Everyone struggles!!! Chin up and keep on going! If you give up then you fail .. Don't give up means you will never fail! :) Add me if you'd like :)
  • dianemcmurtrie
    dianemcmurtrie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Every failure is just one step closer to your goal.
    Our mind is the most powerful organ in our body. Once we can control the negativity we can work on us. Social media have so much to answer for in what we should lokk like. Act like. Wear. Eat and act.
    No wonder we struggle with weight and self esteem issues.
    You are beautiful. Unique and you've got this love.
    Keep going.
  • dchellea74
    dchellea74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This hurt my heart. I ABSOLUTELY feel your literal pain. You and I are the same cloth, sweetie.

You and me!!!!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should seriously consider working with a therapist for a while. Hating your body (and youself) so much, that you are ashamed of even letting your parents see (unless of course they've given you good reason to be wary) is so bad for your general wellbeing. You will never learn to partner with your body, if you hate it that much.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Spam is not ok.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    grmrsan wrote: »
    Spam is not ok.

I take it someone dropped in a link to something unnecessary and asinine. Always someone trying to sell you the miracle answer to everything. :laugh:
  • DustyBawls
    DustyBawls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Everyone has been there! Attack your goals just like you attack every day. One step at a time, always moving forward. Don't just celebrate the big wins, but celebrate the little ones too! You've got this and tell yourself that every night before bed!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I know sometimes I get stuck on a particular self-talk spin and it is difficult to get the replay button to stop. I use a set of questions by William Glasser, that help me talk my way through them. I use them for personal things and for my professional endeavors. This is a little question map I put together for the staff I work with. Hoping it might help. You are a not the product of what anyone else thinks of you, we are all perfectly broken as human beings and that's what makes us so unique and perfect. Sure we all struggle with something, weight, how we speak, dress, our jobs, where we live, but all those experiences make us who we are. Don't be so hard on yourself and don't let anyone else determine your worth, you are an amazing being just plugging along in your human experience like everyone else and if someone finds fault with you, it is their way of not looking at themselves, so let it be their problem. The worksheet is below.

Staff Development Exercise
    As you move forward in your personal/professional development, please review the questions below. I believe that each of us can use these questions as a guide to examine ourselves and increase our development both professionally and personally. I would like you to spend a few moments asking yourself these questions.

1. What do I want, what do I want to change, do etc.? > As individuals and as part of the team, we need to decide what it is that we want to do. What do I have a passion for? What's my goal? What do I want to be? What am I trying to achieve?

2. What am I doing to get what I want? > What steps am I taking? Am I actually taking action or just making plans without action? Do I believe in what I am doing? Am I willing to work for it?

3. Is what I am doing working? > Do I have the proper support. Do I have enough training to do what I want? Am I doing what I should be doing? Am I delivering the product and program that we say we are?

4. Am I willing to change? >Am I willing to let go of the past and move forward? Am I willing to commit to being the very best I can be?

5. What am I willing to do differently? > Am I willing to try a new action step? Am I willing to trust someone else? Am I willing to look at my values and my belief system? Am I ready to feel differently about my situation?

6. Make a list of all the people and all the tools available to you, to change your situation. What's that list look like? Are there professionals in your field, such as; counselors, case managers, coworkers, supervisors, or anybody in your family that could offer you support. Do you have a good friend that you can lean on, or get advice from? Are there things that you can you do, to increase your passion, your drive and your professional development? What are they?
  • ninka_polish
    Options
    Thank youuuu so much:) it's Day 5 now and I'm walking daily and eating well:) ever since Day one for the first time with this huge support of likeminded people who know how I feel I feel stronger than ever. xxxxx