Yes, this time seems to be best for me.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    20 minute before bed time.
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I dont have a set time but i dont eat after 8.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Usually an hour before bed.
  • waffle944
    waffle944 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to stop eating after dinner. I love snacking late at night, so setting this rule for myself is helpful.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    When I meet my calorie goal.
  • jenmarrs429
    jenmarrs429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    11:59 pm
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Usually I have my last meal after I get home from the gym around 1am. I go to sleep shortly thereafter. Meal timings really only matter for people that are prepping for fitness contests. Eating a big meal right before bed is the same as eating it many hours beforehand. There aren't any studies that show eating right before bed to have adverse effects on weight loss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    atjays wrote: »
    Usually I have my last meal after I get home from the gym around 1am. I go to sleep shortly thereafter. Meal timings really only matter for people that are prepping for fitness contests. Eating a big meal right before bed is the same as eating it many hours beforehand. There aren't any studies that show eating right before bed to have adverse effects on weight loss.

Some people can have sleep issues eating right before bed, especially if they suffer from GERD. But yes, it's a minority that should care about meal timing.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You should stop eating when you've had enough calories. But that also means that you should have enough calories, and in order to be able to stick to a calorie intake that creates weight loss, you need to choose smart. Stop trying and start doing, and you'll get there!
  • JoanDoyleFit4192
    JoanDoyleFit4192 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    8pm
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out what time I should stop eating everyday. I try to eat around 1200 calories a day.

@newstart1988. When you have consumed 1200 calories. Whether that be 8:00pm, 11:00pm or 9:00am.

Plan your meals. Plan your snacks (or plan not to have any and save the calories for meals). Time is less important than total or balanced macros.

Get the macros right and you will feel fuller for longer and not get as hungry.
  • blackcars7411
    blackcars7411 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    9PM
  • BPCycler
    BPCycler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out what time I should stop eating everyday. I try to eat around 1200 calories a day.

I try to stop eating by 7:00pm and consume 2200 calories or less.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I always have dinner and often some kind of small dessert immediately after (need not be sweet, cheese is a favorite one -- generally it depends on if I want one and my calories). I stop eating after that because I do not snack or eat between meals. However, it often is quite late -- my schedule is such that I usually eat dinner at 9 and often later (I have eaten as late as 11, although it's rare, and I usually like to have at least an hour between dinner and bed).

For weight loss it doesn't matter when you stop eating (or if you do), BUT for you, to stay within your calories, you may find that some schedules work better than others. For me cutting out snacking was a good idea since I am much happier using my calories in a way I find more satisfying, on larger meals. Others are different.

I also do have a smaller dinner if I am low on calories, that's how I stay in calories. 1200 may be too low for you if you are finding it challenging, but planning until you get the hang of it can help.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    approximately 10min before I turn my light out at night - the first thing I plan into my day is my evening bowl of cereal
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Just prior to going to bed. Not keen on eating in bed ... crumbs.
  • M3Kindschi
    M3Kindschi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I try to stop eating two hours before I go to bed...not always successful though.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It differs from day to day. If I have a later gym sesh and am not very hungry beforehand, I eat my dinner late (and vice versa). Last night I had a snack about 5pm and waited for my partner to go to the gym at 7:30pm. Then I ate dinner about 9:30pm. Whatever works.