What time everyday do you stop eating?

Options

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I dont have a set time, however I typically have my snack around 9, then have a big mug of sleepy time green tea with a little bit of honey around 945, and then bed at 10:30. If I ate dinner late or its the weekend, Ill eat up until I go to bed if I have the calories
  • NewHealthyBug
    NewHealthyBug Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I budget calories for a bed time snack that happens right before I brush my teeth and go to bed.

How tall are you and how many pounds do you need to lose before you reach your goal? Many women chose overly aggressive weight loss goals which result in torturing themselves with 1200 calories, which is only necessary for very short women and rare outliers.

I am 5'3, I do between 1200 to 1500 and I going lose 42 pounds.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out what time I should stop eating everyday. I try to eat around 1200 calories a day.

I don't eat in bed.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When I have consumed all my calories for the day or right before I go to bed, whichever comes first.
  • klowieislyfe1
    klowieislyfe1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to stop around 3 hours before I go to bed at the latest. Ideally I'd stop earlier but I'm one of those people who diets all day and then snacks a lot at night. I don't really think timing matters as long as you're within your goals, it's just whatever you find easiest to stick to.
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would also say plan on eating more then 1200cal to start. Im guessing you are younger and taller than me both with a goal to lose around 100 pounds. I've been eating about 1800cal+ with moderate activity and been losing about two pounds a week. At 1200cal I wouldn't be able to function normally i.e. hungry, angry, faint and weak.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I don't have a time. It's usually when I've run out of calories. Then it's time to go to bed. Even if it's 6pm...LOL
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner most nights around 8:30...I'm usually in bed by 9:30 or 10:00
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    When I'm not hungry anymore. Definitely before bed. And because I work out after work--dinner time and bed time are usually pretty close.
  • norahkathleen
    norahkathleen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I try to stop around 7 pm, but only because evenings are when i tend to eat the things that i normally try to avoid (allthecarbs)...so just have found that personally if i set a time it helps me to stay on track better. I second the notion that it is really just what works best for each person! :smile:
  • MistressMandoli
    MistressMandoli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The last thing I usually eat is a little bit of applesauce at around 8ish. Then I'll stop logging and complete the diary.

I don't worry about how many calories I eat, unless I'm short of 1K. The site/app yells at me, and then I'll start scrambling for something after that. I'll try to not fall victim to something like a last-minute snack.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I budget calories for a bed time snack that happens right before I brush my teeth and go to bed.

How tall are you and how many pounds do you need to lose before you reach your goal? Many women chose overly aggressive weight loss goals which result in torturing themselves with 1200 calories, which is only necessary for very short women and rare outliers.

I'm 5'9 I want to lose 100 pounds.

Do you exercise?
  • newstart1988
    newstart1988 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of walking a day
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I only try to have my last bite of food before 8pm/2000hrs because i dont like sleeping when my stomach's full
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Eating before bed doesn't bother me at all. I'll eat up until bedtime if I want to. Usually an hour before or so I'll have something. Usually chocolate.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of walking a day

Are you logging and eating back some of those calories?
    How long have you been using MFP, set at 1200 cals?
    Are you losing? How much/week?

I think others have covered it but the original question about what time to stop eating is just a matter of personal preference. Meal timing doesn't matter for weight loss. However, there are other practices that you want to make sure you do adopt: logging accurately, eating adequate nutrients, not cutting calories too low as to be unsustainable, etc which can help ensure long term success.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when:

a) I'm full

or

b) When I run out of calories for the day.

Whichever comes first. :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Before I fall asleep, preferably...

Ahh. You can keep eating for a 1/2 hour after falling alseep.....

Well I'll be damned! So trying this ingenious suggestion.
  • womanisadevil
    womanisadevil Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Two hours before bed, any later and the heart burn strikes and interupts my sleep.
    Sometimes I don't sleep till 5-6am though so I alway have a light snack because if I'm too hungry I won't sleep I'll just think of food haha!