Any recommendations for a good colon cleanse?

Options

Replies

• Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    magnesium citrate work wonders for clearing your intestines and bowels of debris. It's what your gastroenterologist will have you drink the say before a colonoscopy. Make sure to drink at least 16oz of water with it to prevent dehydration.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I had the best colon cleanse on May 5th! I had it and all my gi tract below it removed (total proctocolectomy). I don't necessarily recommend it though lol
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    And OP - I know we're poking fun, but all of these very silly suggestions for things that will give you diarrhea are just as legitimate as anything that markets itself as a colon cleanse.

It's nothing more than a way to get you to pay money to spend hours on the toilet with cramps. Ask yourself why something which, when unplanned and unexpected is a sickness, is suddenly beneficial when you slot it into your calendar.

No one ever gets over a case of food poisoning and celebrates how clean their colon feels and how detoxed they are.

Never said I was doing it to detox. There are benefits to getting rid of build up in your colon. I'm not talking about doing some salt water flush type of thing to spend 6 hours back and forth between the toilet, I'm talking about a cleanse to help eliminate any build up in my colon to help with nutrient absorption.

No worries though. I'll go elsewhere
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Oh and any "cleanse" (glorified word for laxative abuse) will have you running back and forth to the bathroom.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    dulcolax
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Whatever, I'm not gonna judge. But then again, I have digestive issues. I can't imagine wanting to "cleanse the colon" just for the hell of it.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Eat a can of sauerkraut.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    A bottlebrush and some Lime-A-Way might work.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Whatever, I'm not gonna judge. But then again, I have digestive issues. I can't imagine wanting to "cleanse the colon" just for the hell of it.

I'm not gonna judge either, as i know the pain and discomfort associated with being backed up, and the sheer joy, happiness and relief felt once the flood gates open. This is why i recommended the picolax, utterly desperate times called for desperate measures!

OP you never said if you want to do this because you're constipated or just because...

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I'm not gonna judge either, as i know the pain and discomfort associated with being backed up, and the sheer joy, happiness and relief felt once the flood gates open. This is why i recommended the picolax, utterly desperate times called for desperate measures!

OP you never said if you want to do this because you're constipated or just because...

From OP's 2nd post:
    I'm not talking about doing some salt water flush type of thing to spend 6 hours back and forth between the toilet, I'm talking about a cleanse to help eliminate any build up in my colon to help with nutrient absorption.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

He did say later.
    I'm talking about a cleanse to help eliminate any build up in my colon to help with nutrient absorption.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    rdridi12 wrote: »
    And OP - I know we're poking fun, but all of these very silly suggestions for things that will give you diarrhea are just as legitimate as anything that markets itself as a colon cleanse.

It's nothing more than a way to get you to pay money to spend hours on the toilet with cramps. Ask yourself why something which, when unplanned and unexpected is a sickness, is suddenly beneficial when you slot it into your calendar.

No one ever gets over a case of food poisoning and celebrates how clean their colon feels and how detoxed they are.

Never said I was doing it to detox. There are benefits to getting rid of build up in your colon. I'm not talking about doing some salt water flush type of thing to spend 6 hours back and forth between the toilet, I'm talking about a cleanse to help eliminate any build up in my colon to help with nutrient absorption.

No worries though. I'll go elsewhere

Wait...you were actually serious???

I figured that was all for a good bro chuckle.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

From OP's 2nd post:
    I'm not talking about doing some salt water flush type of thing to spend 6 hours back and forth between the toilet, I'm talking about a cleanse to help eliminate any build up in my colon to help with nutrient absorption.

Oops doh, missed that bit. In that case op, probably not worth the effort.

If you want to take something, opt for probiotics and magnesium citrate/oxide.

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Haribo sugar free gummy bears.
    That review will live forever in awesomeness!