Healthy cheat day?

Options

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I have felt a desire to eat many, many bananas and eggs in one day, but I think that was a symptom of period cravings. I think I only actually had three of each, though. Mmm, potassium and iron.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    'All you need to do is follow it to the letter, make no excuses and stick with the program.'

Holy hell. This is the beginning of an eating disorder if I ever saw one. No variation. No wiggle-room. No room for 'excuses' or else the 'program' won't work. Somehow feels robotic. I agree with SoDamnHungry. Brainwashing at its finest.

'The diet program was created for long term commitment. Therefore, this is the primary reason why the goal of daily calorie consumption is between 1500 to 1700.'

Have you increase your calories over time?

$250 for the initial test and 12 weeks of meal plan. And then what? You either have to pay more or you're on your own?

I'm currently trying to increase because honestly before the program I never counted calories and now that I decided to I realized that what I was eating before was way too low in calories. Yes, now I'm on my own. There was a refeeding stage though, introduced carbs, milk, new protein and the bad fruits. lol
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    :happy: If strawberries and bananas are bad fruit then what are the good ones. Thanks

If you really want to know... They're blackberries, lychees, mulberries, plums, gooseberries, rock melon, pineapple, blueberries, apples, apricots, grapefruits, hone dew melon, kiwi fruit, lemon, mandarin orange, mango, nectarine, king orange, papaya, milk fruit, peach, tangerine orange and pomelo.
    In a previous post, you said you couldn't have apples.

And what makes apples good and pears bad? And pineapple is OK, but bananas and strawberries aren't?

That is seriously arbitrary.

I can have apples and I do but sometimes I get to urge to eat more than just one or two! To snack on. It must be the sugar. The person was asking what the good fruits were, apples included. Pears.. Must be the sugar content?
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to increase because honestly before the program I never counted calories and now that I decided to I realized that what I was eating before was way too low in calories. Yes, now I'm on my own. There was a refeeding stage though, introduced carbs, milk, new protein and the bad fruits. lol

Do you mind me asking how much you lost doing this diet? And how much you're consuming now?

I know we've gone a little off-track, I think most of us are just concerned!

My cheat day would probably consist of donuts. Nothing but donuts.
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    No, I am not diabetic and no, I don't eat air normally. That's what I wanted when I started the thread! Fine, make that a breaded chicken breast with tomato sauce with... potato chips?

I follow it because it worked for me. I know you guys think it's bull, I do too sometimes, okay most but I've heard so much negative stories about people who did the program and gained it all back so I'm being cautious. This is why I'm here guys, to learn from healthier people who are living normal lives without depriving themselves because I don't want to think like that anymore. I'm sorry if my healthy cheat day is boring. That's why I'm asking you guys what your favorite healthy cheat meals are! I admit, I really am new to this whole maintaining thing.

Well here is a tip that might help with the boring food!

Water boils at 100C. At 100c, the environment is hot enough to sort of twist and compress the proteins in your chicken breast, which forces moisture out and makes it stringy.

If you are going to eat plain chicken breast, you can make the experience much better by never letting the cooking temp go above 90 C (use google to convert to F if you need to). Use a good temp probe to stop cooking it just before it hits an internal temp of 65C. The texture and natural flavors of the meat will now shine through and you will look forward to eating it.

The same applies to eggs. 100C is too hot to get a perfect "boiled" egg. However for pork and beef, you can go even lower (I cook roasts at about 70C.

If you want a sear or to brown your meat, it can be done at the very end. I just use a blowtorch.

Interesting!! Thank you for that tip! I shall be doing that from now on. :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

That's basically how everything works for every diet out there
  • WanderingPomme
    Options

Do you mind me asking how much you lost doing this diet? And how much you're consuming now?

I know we've gone a little off-track, I think most of us are just concerned!

My cheat day would probably consist of donuts. Nothing but donuts.

I don't mind but yeah LOL we've gone off-track. I lost 60lbs in 7 months. Errr, now I've been aiming for 1,200 because I want to lose the last 2 lbs and to tone up. MFP had set that goal for me. Lol I just started logging today on MFP, used another tracker the past 2 months which aimed at 1300. I really am finding my way around. Still scared but reading threads here has been really helping me and finding people with the similar problem.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    mango is better than strawberries?

It's the first time I've ever heard that.. At least in "diet" world..

I eat both.. I actually love my mango with tajin chili powder and salt and my strawberries with yogurt... I don't think I'd be able to just stop eating them... Even less during summer!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I looked up pear and apple in the database here and they are nearly identical in nutrients, but pears have more fiber and 2 grams more sugar.

Think about that. Common sense should undo your brainwashing.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Most people who follow a "diet" regain it back - and more. Atkins, WW, Lighter Life - you name it there's people who reached their goal weight and are now bigger than when they started:noway: Been there myself with WW - lost and regained the same 10lb for a couple of years and ended up on here with 35 to lose :sad: Because restricting food types, or overly restricting calories, doesn't teach you to make the lifestyle choices which make weightloss sustainable.

OP - here's what I suggest.

1. Set up your profile to lose no more than 1lb a week.
    2. Set yourself to sedentary (unless you have a very active job) and eat back 80% or more of your exercise calories.
    3. Use the app to track your calories over the week and use the ones you've saved to "fund" a treat day - if its wihtin your calories its not cheating!

As others have said, unless you have a specific medical problem diagnosed by a DOCTOR there is no reason to exclude fruit from your diet, nor carbs nor any other food group. A healthy diet incorporating a range of fruit and vegetables (at least 5 a day, of as many different colours as you can find) with two portions of fish (one oily) per week, and avoiding too much deep-fried food will easily give you a satisfying amount of food within your calorie limit.:flowerforyou:
  • WanderingPomme
    Options

I eat both.. I actually love my mango with tajin chili powder and salt and my strawberries with yogurt... I don't think I'd be able to just stop eating them... Even less during summer!

Mmmm, I love mangoes too! Especially in my yogurt! Yum!
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    I looked up pear and apple in the database here and they are nearly identical in nutrients, but pears have more fiber and 2 grams more sugar.

Think about that. Common sense should undo your brainwashing.

Right. Thanks.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options

My favorite is still strawberries and cherries and raspberries and everything berry... I think that if you ask me, strawberries should be part of my life every single day of my life...

Mangoes not as much. haha
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    Most people who follow a "diet" regain it back - and more. Atkins, WW, Lighter Life - you name it there's people who reached their goal weight and are now bigger than when they started:noway: Been there myself with WW - lost and regained the same 10lb for a couple of years and ended up on here with 35 to lose :sad: Because restricting food types, or overly restricting calories, doesn't teach you to make the lifestyle choices which make weightloss sustainable.

OP - here's what I suggest.

1. Set up your profile to lose no more than 1lb a week.
    2. Set yourself to sedentary (unless you have a very active job) and eat back 80% or more of your exercise calories.
    3. Use the app to track your calories over the week and use the ones you've saved to "fund" a treat day - if its wihtin your calories its not cheating!

As others have said, unless you have a specific medical problem diagnosed by a DOCTOR there is no reason to exclude fruit from your diet, nor carbs nor any other food group. A healthy diet incorporating a range of fruit and vegetables (at least 5 a day, of as many different colours as you can find) with two portions of fish (one oily) per week, and avoiding too much deep-fried food will easily give you a satisfying amount of food within your calorie limit.:flowerforyou:

Done, done and done! Thank you so much!!! :)

Yeah, it's the restricting that does it. Gaining it back really does happen. :( Okay, working on changing my mindset! And don't worry, I'm sure you'll lose the weight :)

Fruit = not bad
    too much of anything = bad
  • WanderingPomme
    Options

My favorite is still strawberries and cherries and raspberries and everything berry... I think that if you ask me, strawberries should be part of my life every single day of my life...

Mangoes not as much. haha

Berries are really good!! Blueberries and strawberries would have to be my favorites! So darn good.
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    I have felt a desire to eat many, many bananas and eggs in one day, but I think that was a symptom of period cravings. I think I only actually had three of each, though. Mmm, potassium and iron.

Bananas are just delicious. Lol So so so so delicious!
  • WanderingPomme
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

That's basically how everything works for every diet out there

Thank you! :)
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    "Bad fruit"???

LMAO
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJfnqLlqmFYZVpElDGviDJprTQzgeV5yf7DIyoDOkfG7DNfQUK-Q

I always knew bananas were bad!
  • YvonneCT
    YvonneCT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You call that a cheat day? Sounds very healthy. Maybe not well-balanced. But you certainly can't do a lot of damage with that.
  • quiltngrandma45
    quiltngrandma45 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks, I eat a lot of strawberries as they are in season but maybe I should try to eat more of the other fruits. Thanks for the info.