Goal Reached! 135 lbs down--please be encouraged if you have 100+ to lose!

Options

Replies

• provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Any particular way of eating? Low-carb, clean-eating, vegetarian etc. or just counting calories? A lot of PCOS patients have success with low carb. I was wondering what worked for you. You look great!!
  • lauravv2
    lauravv2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Thank you for sharing and giving us all hope and a vision!
  • Dinger2017
    Dinger2017 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look SO healthy and SO happy...and if I may say, much younger!!! Way to go and good job sticking to your goals! I can't wait to post my "after" pictures :)
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Definitely - cheers to you! Talk about commitment. And congrats on your 5K :)
  • londell16
    londell16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your major life transformation. Thank you for sharing that it is possilbe to get it done and you are living proof.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Holy ! Well done
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I gotta say you are just INCREDIBLE! Thank you for sharing your realistic, awesome story and pics! You will truly inspire others! Wonderful!!!!!! And thanks for giving me hope!
  • ruthhowellwriter
    ruthhowellwriter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations. You look amazing and I'll bet you feel great.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Congrats on this wonderful transformation. I love seeing stories and pics like this.
  • jammied21
    jammied21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful. Very happy for your success!

I've lost almost 100 myself and have 60 more to go.
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Amazing work!!
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How amazing! You are truly an inspiration. Congratulations!
  • skinneeme007
    skinneeme007 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations, and thank you for sharing! You look incredible!
  • Cindyt1987
    Cindyt1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WOW! you look great!! What an inspiration!!
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Amazing and so inspiring! I'm 53 myself - 54 in 3 months - and started losing in March at 305. Sadly, this is my second go-around. I lost 100 lbs back in about 2008 but gained most of it back. :( Unlike you, I've never been a normal weight - so I just have to imagine what that would be like. Like you I'm larger framed too.

You mention your blood sugar a time or two. Was it high before you lost weight?

All in all, amazing. You deserve to be SO proud!
  • lizzybee22
    lizzybee22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done. I know first hand the hard work and dedication it takes to lose even a few pounds let alone over 100 lbs. I'm sure you are proud and you should be! Congratulations on meeting your goal.!
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »

You mention your blood sugar a time or two. Was it high before you lost weight?

I wasn't diabetic, but insulin resistant and considered pre-diabetic. I was told years ago that I had a 50% chance of becoming diabetic. (I'm now considered at no risk for it.) My sugar never got really high--maybe 165 (normal is 80-120) was the most I had ever measured it. But I bombed the 5-hour glucose tolerance test. It spiked to about 160ish, then plummeted to under 40. The nurses had to feed me at that point so I wouldn't go into a coma, thus invalidating the rest of the test. So not so much high sugar as very insulin resistant--when it finally kicks in, it REALLY kicks in, sending it way low. My A1C has always been high normal (5.9). Last time I was tested, it was at a good 5.4. I take Metformin to help regulate sugar/insulin and will be discussing with my doctor this week if I can lower it.

• bigaussieguy71
    bigaussieguy71 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow, Wow and WOW!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!