How disgusting is this...

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I find this essay very disturbing. I am saddened and worried for you. I wish you the very best along your journey of self discovery. I think there is a line drawn here between wanting to genuinely accept yourself, to be comfortable in your own skin and making healthy choices. If you were a close friend or family member, I would find your opinions to be selfish. Self deprecation/self loathing should not be a means to make potentially deadly decisions. I pray that you will realize that people do not see you as you perceive yourself. The looks of disgust that you described receiving from those closely related to your health are discouraging, however, no matter what your weight or appearance, there are always going to be people that will respond in a negative way towards you. Its how you react to stress and not how stress reacts in your life that is important. I have learned that people are much too busy thinking about themselves. So don't read so much negativity into looks or comments.

Powerful!
  • totalsham
    Options
    It's a little annoying that people are attacking you for saying this lifestyle is disgusting considering if a severely anorexic woman's lifestyle was in an article everyone would be agreeing saying she needs help and her lifestyle is hurting her family, but everyone is so damn sensitive when it comes to obesity that no one has the balls to say that this woman needs help just as much as an anorexic woman they act like shes okay. In other words..i agree with you.

I don't think that someone who suffers from anorexia is disgusting, any more than I think that someone who suffers from obesity is. Calling this "disgusting" is either a phenomenally poor choice of words, or evidence of a lack of compassion for what other people go through.

the disgusting isnt the affliction dear. if you read my words or the whole other thread.... its more of her disgusting outlook on life, people and her f'ed up thinking process, if you are so bold to call it that.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    It's not disgusting. That's her prerogative. She's entitled to eat whatever she wants and to do whatever she wants. And while you may disagree with her choices, you have no right to pass judgment on her. People don't have to lose weight if they don't feel like it. Their life, their choice. There's nothing you can do about it, so what's the sense in shaming people?
    It's funny how these threads always bring out the people who think they are the thought police.
  • totalsham
    Options
    It's not disgusting. That's her prerogative. She's entitled to eat whatever she wants and to do whatever she wants. And while you may disagree with her choices, you have no right to pass judgment on her. People don't have to lose weight if they don't feel like it. Their life, their choice. There's nothing you can do about it, so what's the sense in shaming people?
    It's funny how these threads always bring out the people who think they are the thought police.

“War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options

“War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”

"The world will never have lasting peace so long as men reserve for war the finest human qualities. Peace, no less than war, requires idealism and self-sacrifice and a righteous and dynamic faith." -John Foster Dulles

Some of us are lost in the world and within ourselves.
    Those that are not will always either hate or pity such things.
    Hope betters the individual... and so they distance themselves from the hopeless.

While I understand your point of view throughout all of this, please realize that the hopeless are everywhere.
    They have lived lives and felt feelings the same as you.
    They just didn't come out for the 'better'.
    Rather, they just exist.
    No need to distance yourself emotionally from these people.
    They represent a side of you that you deny, and therefore it gives you strength.
    Embrace it.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options

“War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”

"The world will never have lasting peace so long as men reserve for war the finest human qualities. Peace, no less than war, requires idealism and self-sacrifice and a righteous and dynamic faith." -John Foster Dulles

Some of us are lost in the world and within ourselves.
    Those that are not will always either hate or pity such things.
    Hope betters the individual... and so they distance themselves from the hopeless.

While I understand your point of view throughout all of this, please realize that the hopeless are everywhere.
    They have lived lives and felt feelings the same as you.
    They just didn't come out for the 'better'.
    Rather, they just exist.
    No need to distance yourself emotionally from these people.
    They represent a side of you that you deny, and therefore it gives you strength.
    Embrace it.

wow. this