Replies

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I don't see any positive and developmentally constructive parallels to the disciplines, interests, face-to-face social interactions and technical skills you mention above as compared to indulging in a round the clock virtual gaming habit. Which is plenty prevalent with young and even not-so-young people today.

How many people with social anxiety did you go to visit in their home during the 70's and 80's. Because the only difference between then and now, is that they have the internet to reach out for help and to talk to people. Video games have nothing to do with it. Correlation is not causation.

Lots of fat people exercise. Therefore exercise makes you fat.
    tajk81xejjaq.png

We all went to visit other people in their homes. That's what we did then. We didn't barge our way in if their door was deadlocked, they didn't own a phone and they didn't answer the doorbell. But other than that, yeah, that's what we did. It didn't make us saints. Most of us didn't virtue signal about it and we didn't keep a log about how often we did it so we could defend ourselves if we were quizzed about it. And guess what Sonny? Lot's of people 50+ years of age still make it a regular weekly or even daily thing to meet with people, including socially anxious people, face-to-face. And visit other humans in their homes. Whoa.

I believe you missed the point.

I believe you missed mine.

I think we got it.

You're intolerant of the interests of others that differ from your own.