What's the strangest diet you've heard/witnessed someone being on? (Not fad diets.)

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Water only for one week, while keeping training intensity the same :D

.... because apparently 'nothing else works'
    I'll go you one better: nothing by mouth (neither solid nor liquid) for that long, while still keeping up with my routine otherwise. I had one of those weight WHOOSHes when the doctor last ordered that for another reason.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with Type 1 diabetes that eats the same thing every single meal, every single day Monday-Friday. He says that he doesn't want to bother with the carb count or explaining it to others, so saves "variety" for his family/friends/alone time on the weekends! He will excuse himself to the restroom before a meal "to wash up" and injects insulin whilst in restroom. For those that do not know him outside of work (I have known him since high school), there is no awareness of his diabetes at all!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    erienneb66 wrote: »
    My husband when he was growing up with his brothers used to put butter on saltine crackers. He said this started at restaurants where they gave you bread before your meal, but his parents wouldn't let them "spoil their appetite" with the bread so they switched to the soup crackers. It baffles me. I cannot even comprehend doing this. But I've never liked butter much soo.

I also can't get through a whole sandwich intact. I can eat like half of it as a sandwich and then I eat it layer by layer. No idea why. Burgers too. Anything with layers.
    I need to break the sandwich habit too.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    I have a friend with Type 1 diabetes that eats the same thing every single meal, every single day Monday-Friday. He says that he doesn't want to bother with the carb count or explaining it to others, so saves "variety" for his family/friends/alone time on the weekends! He will excuse himself to the restroom before a meal "to wash up" and injects insulin whilst in restroom. For those that do not know him outside of work (I have known him since high school), there is no awareness of his diabetes at all!

I was just telling him that I had shared this and he said that he was asked by another co-worker about the "boring" nature of his eating habits. He says that he told her he saves the variety for the bedroom instead of wasting it in the kitchen! Lol! He said the look on her face was priceless! Lol!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    My colleagues son has green peas with everything. This includes chocolate pudding, ice cream, sandwiches and every other thing he eats.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

As a kid, I loved making scrambled eggs and putting Miracle Whip on them. It makes my stomach turn now. Also used to love ketchup on rice. I still like it though.

Nowadays I just eat chicken breast and ribeyes.

I love a fried egg sandwich with miracle whip! So really, it's the same, except for the bread. Which, nowadays, I would skip, anyway, so... I think I would still eat miracle whip on eggs.

• ivandobski2
    ivandobski2 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    As a kid I'd eat dog food, not just the crunchy biscuit things but also the meaty chunks of whatever the hell it was in gravy. And when I say I'd eat it, I don't mean a taste every now and again - I mean me and the dog side by side on the floor, me with my spoon, tucking in.

My parents thought it a bit odd but left me to it until the dog got put down and I lost my supply.

30 odd years later I'd have exactly zero qualms about tucking in if the need arose!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

As someone who knows lots of people in fitness/bodybuilding circles, eating the same thing every day is completely normal! Many eat the same thing for multiple meals a day...
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    Options

As someone who knows lots of people in fitness/bodybuilding circles, eating the same thing every day is completely normal! Many eat the same thing for multiple meals a day...

I don't think he or his diet is "abnormal". I was just adding in a "different" diet that I had witnessed. I think, IMO, the only "bad" part of his diet is that he developed this habit due to people's tendencies to consistently offer their "solutions" without him asking and without any knowledge of his particular health needs.

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    As a kid I'd eat dog food, not just the crunchy biscuit things but also the meaty chunks of whatever the hell it was in gravy. And when I say I'd eat it, I don't mean a taste every now and again - I mean me and the dog side by side on the floor, me with my spoon, tucking in.

My parents thought it a bit odd but left me to it until the dog got put down and I lost my supply.

30 odd years later I'd have exactly zero qualms about tucking in if the need arose!

I think you win this thread.