What are you doing with your "FAT" clothes?

Options
12346»

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Some I give to friends, some I donate, and some I just throw away. It depends on how worn they are. Some I do still have, but only because they haven't been replaced yet with smaller sizes (like winter pants. That can wait).
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have one pair of pants that I am keeping as a reminder of where I was. As things get too big for me to wear comfortably I either give them away or donate them. The Salvation Army thrift store in my town gives you a coupon to use in the store when you donate so I usually bring my stuff there and than go shopping for new clothing. I refuse to spend a lot of money on clothing right now that I don't plan on fitting into for long. I only buy new right now if it's a great deal. If things are in bad shape I will just throw them out or cut them up to use as cleaning rags.
  • recentcoin
    recentcoin Posts: 18
    Options
    I lost about 50# and gave all of my "fat" clothes to a women's shelter. Many of those gal's arrive with nothing more than what they and/or their children are wearing. Anything that's still functional goes there. If it's stained, ripped, or torn then it goes to the rag bag or the trash.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I give some clothes to my mom (if they are fitted for her as figure and style) and some I leave for the cleaning lady of my apartment building. They don't earn very much and they do have a very big family so most people around here give them as charity things that can be used. That is... around here is very hard to donate charity and things to people... most charity organisations only take money... or maybe sometimes food.
  • Mart_T
    Mart_T Posts: 5
    Options
    Still have mine (taking up space in my house). My MIL mentioned she would like to go through the clothes and see if she wanted any of them. Then they will probably be donated somewhere. Don't ever want to go back to being that BIG!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    maybe pick the prettiest of them and turn them into fabric squares to make a bed quilt out of as a constant reminder.
    The rest donate to Good Will.