Hmmm, what is MFP, really?

Options

Replies

• dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's a dating site, of course.

Isn't it?

But in all seriousness, all these "sexual talks" here are harmless and just jokes. Take them or leave them. Even with all the jokes, you can clearly see many of us here that are very supportive of each other. So, this is not something that's exclusive. We can be both joking and supportive.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Is MFP really for diet and fitness? Is it really?? Reading these threads it seems like mostly maybe a hook-up site or a closet weirdo perv convention. Not prude, but holy cow why does everything here turn sexual? Or into an argument. I just wanna lose weight with some supportive folks!! Am I the only one who feel this way!?!

I've never had anyone get weird or pervy or had anyone inappropriately message me. I'm starting to feel left out!

Some threads do breakdown into arguments that come out of the oddest places, but what can you do.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    MFP is actually just a series of tubes.... that lead to different things for different people.

tumblr_mm05z94nef1s32go3o1_500.gif
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    my F place
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    It is a calorie counting site and food database with a forum community.

Health and fitness increases both your attractiveness and sex drive, so why is this surprising?
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I admit to being a weirdo perv, buy "closet?"

That's just wrong.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    It's a dating site, of course.

Isn't it?

But in all seriousness, all these "sexual talks" here are harmless and just jokes. Take them or leave them. Even with all the jokes, you can clearly see many of us here that are very supportive of each other. So, this is not something that's exclusive. We can be both joking and supportive.

And note that I sent this woman intimate photographs of me today . . .

and of my children!!!!
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just like talking about ice cream.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Is MFP really for diet and fitness? Is it really?? Reading these threads it seems like mostly maybe a hook-up site or a closet weirdo perv convention. Not prude, but holy cow why does everything here turn sexual? Or into an argument. I just wanna lose weight with some supportive folks!! Am I the only one who feel this way!?!
    I disagree with you and think you're hot.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    just stick to the success stories, food/nutrition, and general weight loss forums. log your calories and exercise.

when you're ready, join the party/dark side.

edited for spelling cuz having a finger out of commission is messing me up!!!

More crazy logic!! I don't like the billion "hotttt or noooootttt" threads, so do you know what I do I don't look at them. Winner!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I thought this topic was going to be all metaphysical and stuff.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    and many people lose weight and get more fit and find sex gets better and better.

They come out of their shells and feel confident about their bodies.

Case in point: Olympic Village. Massive sex party for weeks cuz of all teh hotties.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options

You know I haven't experienced that at all. My MFP friends have all been great, we talk about fitness and support and encourage each other but we also talk about things going on in our lives. Sorry to hear your not getting that! Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    jes72_zpsac6ff77c.gif
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    38563711.jpg
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    3rn7ph.jpg

We're human. Humans innately want food, water, shelter... and sex.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    jes72_zpsac6ff77c.gif

I'll have what shes having.....
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

I've never had anyone get weird or pervy or had anyone inappropriately message me. I'm starting to feel left out!

Some threads do breakdown into arguments that come out of the oddest places, but what can you do.

There you are I knew I missed one, but wasn't sure who it was. PM sent.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It could be because just talking about food and weight loss is boring, and considering how long it can take to reach some goals... you'd probably want to take your mind off it sometimes. That can be supportive in a way too?