Hmmm, what is MFP, really?

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    like you, OP, i'm just here to meet like-minded people.

i like star wars.

humping9.gif
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the food logging and the knowledge I've gained from my FL so I truly believe you can come here to find whatever it is you're looking for.
    However, and especially since this is the internet, many people get much more playful than they would in the real world. If you're looking for more than that, I'm sure you can find it here too. If you're not, don't worry about those who are. If the spicy flavor of this place really offends you, I would avoid the forums altogether and just do a forum search for any fitness related topic you want more information about.
    These silly people are just having a good time. If you know and trust yourself and your limits, that should not be an issue blocking your fitness goals. Live and let live, ya know?
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    It is a calorie counting site and food database with a forum community.

Health and fitness increases both your attractiveness and sex drive, so why is this surprising?

^^This
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    no i just want to lose weight and have supportive female friends..im happily married and and not a flirt! there are lots of people who think this way-
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Fitness???

I thought MFP meant:

My *kitten* Paradise
    Many F'ing Perverts
    My Flirting Place.
    Mostly Flirtatious People
    Major F'ing Party
    Majorly Foxy People

There's a fitness theme?
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    penis-stuff.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Health and fitness increases both your attractiveness and sex drive, so why is this surprising?

^^This

Hi.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    In all honesty this is the chit chat, fun and games forum, it's for just the bs. If you just want support go to the other forum or just stay on your wall. It's pretty simple if you ask me
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    It drives me batty that threads that are fun for people and build camaraderie get locked and shut down, but we can't possibly have enough threads complaining about the community.

IT'S A COMMUNITY. People in communities behave in accordance with the norms and customs of a community. The mods have been trying to "fix" that for 9 months and have not been - and will not be - successful.
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just like talking about ice cream.
    jes72_zpsac6ff77c.gif

That's better.

Thank you.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Is MFP really for diet and fitness? Is it really?? Reading these threads it seems like mostly maybe a hook-up site or a closet weirdo perv convention. Not prude, but holy cow why does everything here turn sexual? Or into an argument. I just wanna lose weight with some supportive folks!! Am I the only one who feel this way!?!

I've never had anyone get weird or pervy or had anyone inappropriately message me. I'm starting to feel left out!

Some threads do breakdown into arguments that come out of the oddest places, but what can you do.

There you are I knew I missed one, but wasn't sure who it was. PM sent.

tumblr_mp84opAS7S1qedb29o1_500_zps76515f42.gif
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

^^This

Hi.

Howdy.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I thought this topic was going to be all metaphysical and stuff.

I thought that also.

But, of course not everyone on mfp is looking to hook up with people. I'm married with children and happy in my life. Some people are joking around also (I joke around on occasion, but it's always obvious when I am joking). This is chit chat. This is the internet. Just avoid the things you aren't interested in, post in threads you want to, make some friends.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    But, of course not everyone on mfp is looking to hook up with people. I'm married with children and happy in my life. Some people are joking around also (I joke around on occasion, but it's always obvious when I am joking). This is chit chat. This is the internet. Just avoid the things you aren't interested in, post in threads you want to, make some friends.

QFT.
  • Bridget28152723
    Options
    well look how many people are being sarcastic, yeah some people want to flirt etc. but some dont i stay away from forums except now....one thing i can say is lacking in the forums is CLASS what ever happened to that?
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's a dating site, of course.

Isn't it?

But in all seriousness, all these "sexual talks" here are harmless and just jokes. Take them or leave them. Even with all the jokes, you can clearly see many of us here that are very supportive of each other. So, this is not something that's exclusive. We can be both joking and supportive.

And note that I sent this woman intimate photographs of me today . . .

and of my children!!!!

I enjoyed those intimate photos. They were very lovely. And very...personal.

Also, to add, it's my personal opinion that most of us here in the chit chat forum play nicer than those in the other sections. Although there are many things to be learnt and plenty of nice people in the "general" forum, you can't deny that there are waaaay too many divisive topics with everyone lunging at each other. And not in a good way. And many overzealous posters.

Here, we are laid back and accepting. Joking and chatting like pals. As long as you send us junk pics. Jk.
  • Bridget28152723
    Options
    from another post someone said mfp stands for : muscles,fatties,and pervs i had to laugh
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I just like talking about ice cream.
    jes72_zpsac6ff77c.gif

I'll have what shes having.....

53a.gif
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    just stick to the success stories, food/nutrition, and general weight loss forums. log your calories and exercise.

when you're ready, join the party/dark side.

edited for spelling cuz having a finger out of commission is messing me up!!!

Srry, will try not to bite so hard when licking cupcake frosting off. :ohwell:

i forgive you, baby.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you a question? I noticed you didn't complain about Zombies...are they all gone? The reason I don't know is because I used the block feature to block them a long time ago. If you're not complaining of them because you blocked them as well, just know that you can do the same with posters whose sense of humor bothers you. You might be entering threads where only one or two people are left but at least they will be people you feel comfortable around. Also right when you click into a thread with too many of what you consider to be perverts you'll know right away.

"Ignore User" is under each person's avatar profile picture.

You have a place near your PM's email thing where you can see a list of everyone you've blocked in case you hear good things about someone you blocked and are thinking maybe you can tolerate their crass potty mouth enough to get some good advice.

I hope this helps you enjoy MFP more. I know it helped me greatly when I got rid of all the Zombies and Vampires and stuff.:flowerforyou:

ETA: my mistake...BLOCK is when you don't want someone sending you PM's. Ignore User is under the avatars.