Seriously Subway??? Don't trust Jared...

Options

Replies

• RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't see how a 600 calorie lunch is a problem.

I'd tend to agree with this. However, OP is stating that it's an extra 150 each day that was unaccounted for.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Depends what you get. Mine's only 330, and I get cheese and light mayo on it. :ohwell:
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Also for the record...if I remember correctly Jared (supposedly) ate nothing but subway 3 times a day...at 450 cals a pop 3 meals per day you could still very easily lose weight. I shoot for my meals being between 400 and 600 cals on average.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Wait, you misjudged the calories, but you shouldn't trust Jared. How does that work?

Sounds more like you shouldn't trust you.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    lol @ 150cals being a "gross underestimation"

that is 54750 calories a year!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure they have a disclaimer on the commercials... If you eat a Turkey sandwich with veggies, no cheese and a bit of mustard. then it's not really all that bad... it's all about what meat, cheese and sauces you use.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Skip cheese and use mustard...mine comes in right at 356 calories for 6"
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't see how a 600 calorie lunch is a problem.

Right? Sounds like a good day to me :glasses:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I have 2 issues with this -

1. Without sauces, cheese, white bread, yeah, it probably is correct. If you added mayo, or mayo based sauce, or cheese, then yes, it is going to be significantly higher.

2. How is 600 cals bad? Was there some broscience saying 600 cal lunches are unacceptable? 600 cals is great - most of my main meals are 400-600, with 100-200 cal snacks 3 times a day. If you're extremely worried, go for a walk, jog, lift weights. Burn some of it it, no biggie.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Use the calorie chart when going to a restaurant don't eyeball it. That will get you in trouble real quick.

Also, Jared ate the turkey with no cheese and mustart, and the veggie no sauce, no cheese.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Use the calorie chart when going to a restaurant don't eyeball it. That will get you in trouble real quick.
    QFT!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Mine is 340 ...

The ones "Jared" advertise have no cheese, no mayo, etc. on them. You can still eat Subway pretty healthy, you just have to not get some of the fun stuff :)

Cuz to lose weight one must always avoid fat... Not. And I don't eat subway...but if I did, it's not the fat I'd have issues with.

Can the fat phobia please die already?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Subway is horrible..its the worst bread on the planet and their meats are slimy. and the smell..the smell!!!! revolting.

if you want a sandwich visits anywhere else...Jimmy John's, Firehouse, Jersey Mike's or a local deli.

the only thing Subway is good at is marketing.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    The thing sticking out to me here is your "logging"--were you just assuming it was 450, and quick adding it? Or did someone log the same exact sandwich you eat in MFP incorrectly?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This happens when you add extras.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've been having 6" subway sandwiches for lunch for a couple of weeks now, and I thought they were a healthy, fresh and good choice. I would get cheese and just a little dash of Chipotle sauce... and l always logged them in my diary. I was under the impression that a 6" subway sandwich is about ~450 calories....

However, today I opened up Subway's website and calculated the number of calories that my sandwich had - and boy... was I surprised... each sandwich was actually around ~600 calories.

For one day, it's fine.. but in a week, that results in an extra 1,050 calories that I wasn't aware of... It appears that I was grossly underestimating the calories I was eating. No wonder I wasn't loosing as much weight as I was expecting to...
    Jared walked a mile each way every time he went to get a sub, so he burned off several hundred calories each day just doing that.

Also, I don't think he had cheese on his subs and he got very specific ones.

It is not his nor Subway's fault that you didn't do your due diligence.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Mine is 340 ...

The ones "Jared" advertise have no cheese, no mayo, etc. on them. You can still eat Subway pretty healthy, you just have to not get some of the fun stuff :)

Cuz to lose weight one must always avoid fat... Not. And I don't eat subway...but if I did, it's not the fat I'd have issues with.

I don't think anyone was saying that. What the point was is that you can't blame Jared when you aren't listening to him to begin with. Clearly there is something wrong with OP's sub...I get light mayo and cheese (sometimes extra cheese) and mine never goes over 500 cals.
  • mescle
    mescle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I get the 6-inch Black Forest Ham and Turkey on 9-grain Honey Oat without cheese for 280 calories. I stay away from mayo; use mustard for lower calories. Then I load it up with veggies for a very filling lunch.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Mine is 340 ...

Cheese and mayo are fairly calorie dense. The person you are quoting makes no mention of avoiding fat.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i get the veggie!!! i freaking love it!!! veggie, with ALL THE VEGGIES, pepper jack cheese, on wheat, with extra vinegar and some fat free sweet onion dressing... great... now im going to crave one today!