Belly fat

Hello can some tell how to loose this belly fat but maintain my curves?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    So you want a flat belly? <- Search for that.
  • kfizza1
    kfizza1 Posts: 48 Member
    Eat as clean as possible, step-up your cardio and core routine, and try intermittent fasting.
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    What (notreally) Chris said. You can't choose where to lose from. Whether or not you have curves will depend mostly on genetics. You can work specific muscles (like squats for glutes) to try to influence your appearance, but it's going to be muscles, not "curves" per se. Just focus on losing the weight to get that flat belly you want and remember that all bodies are beautiful.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Surgery.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    kfizza1 wrote: »
    Eat as clean as possible, step-up your cardio and core routine, and try intermittent fasting.

eating clean doesnt mean weight loss, you can still overeat eating "clean", and cardio and core exercises burn calories but its not burning fat that is done in a caloric deficit. intermittent fasting also will not spot reduce fat you can still overeat doing IF,IF may help someone to adhere to their deficit and not go over calories by fasting but theres nothing magical about it. body fat comes off where it wants when it wants. sad but true
  • kfizza1

eating clean doesnt mean weight loss, you can still overeat eating "clean", and cardio and core exercises burn calories but its not burning fat that is done in a caloric deficit. intermittent fasting also will not spot reduce fat you can still overeat doing IF,IF may help someone to adhere to their deficit and not go over calories by fasting but theres nothing magical about it. body fat comes off where it wants when it wants. sad but true

Of course calorie deficit is critical. I assumed that the OP is following a calorie-restricted diet, like most people on MFP. While eating clean doesn't necessarily mean weight loss, eating clean DOES help in reducing fat overall. Also, exercise burns calories AND fat. The main reason why HIIT is so popular is because it takes your body in fat-burn mode. I recommend IF because working out when you're fasting allows even more fat-burn. I have personally noticed a huge difference in my tummy fat following the things I mentioned (along with calorie restriction and NO over eating EVER).
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member

Of course calorie deficit is critical. I assumed that the OP is following a calorie-restricted diet, like most people on MFP. While eating clean doesn't necessarily mean weight loss, eating clean DOES help in reducing fat overall. Also, exercise burns calories AND fat. The main reason why HIIT is so popular is because it takes your body in fat-burn mode. I recommend IF because working out when you're fasting allows even more fat-burn. I have personally noticed a huge difference in my tummy fat following the things I mentioned (along with calorie restriction and NO over eating EVER).

Except neither of those things is true.

eating 1200 clean calories vs 1200 bad calories has minimal impact on your body.

In fact, 1200 calories of Mcdonalds may be better than 1200 calories of twigs and berries since you'll be hitting your fat and protein macros.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2017

Do you have evidence from a reliable source (e.g. a scientific journal, preferably a meta-analysis or review article) that "clean eating" reduces body fat compared to the same caloric intake/deficit on a "non-clean" diet?

The proportion of fat vs. carbohydrate your body uses for fuel during exercise varies with intensity, duration, and training level. Weight loss will depend on a caloric deficit--regardless of what proportion of calories comes from either source during the workout itself.

To the OP, your body will lose fat if you maintain a caloric deficit. Where it loses fat is not under your control; short of having surgery to specifically remove said fat. You just get what you get. While some of the strategies recommended might help you lose weight overall, they're not going to target your belly fat.
  • kfizza1
    Cat3141 wrote: »

Do you have evidence from a reliable source (e.g. a scientific journal, preferably a meta-analysis or review article) that "clean eating" reduces body fat compared to the same caloric intake/deficit on a "non-clean" diet?

The proportion of fat vs. carbohydrate your body uses for fuel during exercise varies with intensity, duration, and training level. Weight loss will depend on a caloric deficit--regardless of what proportion of calories comes from either source during the workout itself.

To the OP, your body will lose fat if you maintain a caloric deficit. Where it loses fat is not under your control; short of having surgery to specifically remove said fat. You just get what you get. While some of the strategies recommended might help you lose weight overall, they're not going to target your belly fat.

My go to page for all health/workout inquires:

"Eat clean foods daily. Tosca Reno, author of "The Eat Clean Diet," suggests eating whole, clean foods for maximum fat-burning potential. Eating clean consists of eating fresh lean proteins, complex-carbohydrates and essential fats. Bodybuilders have used this diet to burn fat for many years. Choose proteins such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, tofu, fish, beans and legumes. Whole grains, brown rice and fresh fruits and vegetables are all excellent complex-carbohydrates."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/81686-burn-belly-fat-naturally/

^This article also answers your original question, OP. Hope it helps! :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

eating clean has nothing to do with a flat belly, nor does IF ..

OP if you want to lose fat you need the following:

calorie deficit
    strict logging of calories
    micro/macro adherence
    structured lifting program like strong lifts, strong curves, all pro beginner routine, etc...
  • ndj1979

please link us to a peer review study showing that a person on a 500 calorie deficit of clean calories will lose more fat overall than someone that is eating a 500 calorie deficit of non-clean foods..

your whole paragraph is misguided pseudoscience...
  • ndj1979

"Eat clean foods daily. Tosca Reno, author of "The Eat Clean Diet," suggests eating whole, clean foods for maximum fat-burning potential. Eating clean consists of eating fresh lean proteins, complex-carbohydrates and essential fats. Bodybuilders have used this diet to burn fat for many years. Choose proteins such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, tofu, fish, beans and legumes. Whole grains, brown rice and fresh fruits and vegetables are all excellent complex-carbohydrates."

that is not a scientific journal...

try again ..
  • kfizza1
    ndj1979 wrote: »

try again ..

I never said anything against a caloric deficit. That is of course KEY to any fat loss, which is why I am following it myself currently. I only shared what worked for me personally. I am not a licensed health professional and neither here to make any scientifically accurate claims with my limited knowledge. Eating clean, staying at a caloric deficit and cardio has helped me reduce belly fat, and that's exactly what I shared with the OP, only hoping it'd help her. If it came out as misguiding, then I apologize.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member

Citing Livestrong is like citing Wikipedia, and Tosca Reno is a celebrity "nutritionist" and former fitness model.

OP, unfortunately you can't spot reduce. You just need to keep losing weight and see where it comes off. Maintaining an exercise routine including strength training should help you generally look better as you lose the weight. But your general body shape is something you were born with and can tweak but not 100% control (outside of plastic surgery obviously).

Keep at it and good luck!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey

exercise doesnt burn fat. most of your fat is burned at rest. fat burning mode is basically just saying you are getting your heart rate up to a certain zone. that has no impact on burning fat though.There are people out there who dont exercise at all and eat at a deficit and still lose fat and weight.
  • ndj1979

try again ..

I never said anything against a caloric deficit. That is of course KEY to any fat loss, which is why I am following it myself currently. I only shared what worked for me personally. I am not a licensed health professional and neither here to make any scientifically accurate claims with my limited knowledge. Eating clean, staying at a caloric deficit and cardio has helped me reduce belly fat, and that's exactly what I shared with the OP, only hoping it'd help her. If it came out as misguiding, then I apologize.

you made a blanket statement that eating clean burns fat faster, which it does not. Blanket statements such as that need to be backed up by some kind of evidence that has been peer reviewed.

• kfizza1

try again ..

you made a blanket statement that eating clean burns fat faster, which it does not. Blanket statements such as that need to be backed up by some kind of evidence that has been peer reviewed.

Well, thanks to you today I learned that I can eat more McDonald's and still lose weight. (As long as I'm maintaining a calorie deficit).
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey

try again ..

Well, thanks to you today I learned that I can eat more McDonald's and still lose weight. (As long as I'm maintaining a calorie deficit).

yeah you can no one is saying not to eat a balanced diet but I still eat foods I love including fast food and I have lost a lot of fat all over just by being in a deficit. went from a 38-39 inch waist to a 27 inch waist,48 hips to 37 hips.30"+ thighs to 22 inches. my upper half was always my smallest areas,went from a 38B to a 34B(lost band inches only) cup size is still the same. so yeah.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2017
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

We don't get to choose where weight loss comes from (unfortunately). I would love thin thighs.....but I have a pear shape thanks to genetics.

Just lose weight and add strength training if you are not doing that already.