Why weighing NUDE is wrong!

Options

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I am not concerned with my daily weight (naked or clothed or wearing 3lb work boots); I look at the overall weight data; if it is trending downward, I'm good.

BTW, weigh myself every morning, first thing after I pee, naked. Then again when I get back from my morning work-out. I am always amused by the effect workout and sweating has on my weight (sometimes as much as 2 lbs). And sometimes at night after a really good eating day, or a really bad one. Again, just the see the effects of my daily actions on my weight.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    How do you weigh yourself?

Personally, I think weighing yourself in the nude is a recipe for disappointment. First off, scales vary! So if you go to another scale, it's probably going to read a pound one way or another.

I used to weigh myself nude on several different scales but one day the neighbor lady came home early and found me on her scale. It's all good. They just gave me a restraining order so there's no real criminal record associated with it.

ROFL. Thanks... I needed a good laugh :)
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I mean, unless your clothes are 5-10 pounds, what's the point? I weigh nude in the morning because I sleep naked. Sometimes I have a t-shirt on or whatever, but I couldn't care less about ounces. Put your outfit on the scale by itself. it probably won't even register.
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I weigh myself, it's in underwear. It's at the same time every time. It's under the same conditions. I don't like the probability of what clothing, shoes, etc. I'm wearing skewing my results. I try to eliminate as many variables as possible to be accurate.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Nude in the morning
  • LeopardPrintedLove
    LeopardPrintedLove Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    :huh: But my clothes aren't actually a part of me. I want to know what I weigh - not my clothes.

^^^ THIS. Who cares what your clothes weigh!? And who cares what the doctors office scale says?!

Last time I went to the doctor, I weighed with my purse on my shoulder. Who cares? Also, when you start buying smaller clothes, the clothing weighs less. Which would make it impossible to keep it consistant.
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    The obvious answer: weigh however the hell you want...just weigh under the same conditions. I always weigh naked, in the morning, after going to the toilet. I could always weigh in the morning with PJs on and that would work too.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This only applies if you weigh in at different places around, if you only weigh in at home its the best way bc its your actual weight.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My doctor weighing me in panties and a bra. Also all my measurements are taken.
    We do it once a week the same day of the week, the same time. And I'm asked always wear the same underwear because it can affect my measurements.
  • lanavabkny
    lanavabkny Posts: 24
    Options
    When I was doing a weight loss challenge at the gym, I weighed in the same clothes every week (sweats and a tshirt) that way I knew the exact loss. At home, I weigh nude, or as close to it as possible. My home scale is the one I go by regardless of where else I weigh.
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    nothing done when nude is wrong

+1

I don't care what anyone else's scale says. I really don't even care what my scale says. it's the progress that I care about. The difference between when I started this journey and now.

As far as I'm concerned, the more time the wife and I are naked at home, the better ;)
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I just want to know how much I weigh. Don't much care about my clothing. Don't much care about what the doctor's office scale says either. It can go be its own bad self and count my jeans, wallet, phone, and whatever else it wants.

Hahahaha. "It can go be its own bad self..."

Also, I think trying to weigh your "typical outfit" and trimming off those pounds would probably be even more inconsistent and misleading than anything else. Chunky shoes? Sandals? Jeans? Lightweight slacks?

I think the only key thing is that people weigh themselves consistently using the same scale, if they're into weight. Otherwise, measure yourself. You'll get the gist.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The number on the scale is irrelevant, just don't worry about 1-4lb fluctuations!
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    I always weigh myself nude first thing in the morning. I feel it gives the most accurate weight.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    IMO, it's only a recipe for disappointment if you're going to focus on what the scale reads that instant. If you focus on the overall trend, then you lean to accept sometimes you'll weigh more than others. Sure, it may be high at that moment, but you're used to the idea of ups and downs.

At home, I weight myself naked so I know I'm not adding anything else. My weight fluctuates during the day, as does everyone else's, but I know it's MINE.

I simply accept the fact that, when I'm at the dotctor's office, the fact they take my weight while wearing a heavy utility uniform and two Size 15 (US), thick-soled, steel-toed combat boots means that the weight they find will be heavier than my actual body weight. I just focus on maintaining a desired trend.

ETA: If, however, there is something important in how these other individuals weigh you (for instance, my fitness test requires the staff at the fitness center to measure my weight in order to determine my test score), then you need to replicate the tools and methods they use as closely as possible.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Nude!! Because I want to see the lowest number possible!!!!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    My doctor always makes me take all my cltohes off before he weighs me. I have to be naked for the examinations anyway. It's always been the same since I first went to him when I was 8.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    :huh: But my clothes aren't actually a part of me. I want to know what I weigh - not my clothes.

^^This:laugh:
  • FitbitVanessa
    FitbitVanessa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If weighing in the nude is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Has someone counted the amount of times the words naked, nekkid or nude have been used? I suspect that is why OP started the thread. Lotsa nekkid skin.