Quest Bars

Options
First off, Happy Friday MFP'ers! :)

Recently, I have heard A LOT of raves about Quest Nutrition bars, and I was wondering if anyone has tried them. If so, what did you think of them taste-wise? Also, what are your opinions on them ingredient/nutrient wise? I know protein/meal replacement bars can be really iffy, could they really be that healthy??

Here is the website for anyone who has not heard of them http://www.questproteinbar.com/

Replies

• sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My gym sells them, I'll grab one on the way out If Im hungry and not going straight home. Some taste ok, just like any other processed food. My favorite is chocolate chip cookie dough. Nice amount of protein and low in sugar, but high in sodium
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends on the flavor. They're not as tasty as a lot of other protein bars though IMO (like Luna or Cliff that taste more like candy bars) but they are definitely healthier, and they keep me full longer with the 20g of fiber in them. My favorites are coconut cashew, chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla almond and white chocolate raspberry. I couldn't stand the lemon, apple pie, and strawberry cheesecake ones.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I freakin' love Quest bars. My favorite flavors are peanut butter & jelly, chocolate chip cookie dough, and strawberry cheesecake (I know, I'm weird that I love that one). I think banana nut muffin is one of their more popular flavors but I'm not a fan.

Compared to some other protein bars I've tried, Quest bars keep me fuller, longer.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I own a box of every flavor...

Put the ones like chocolate chip cookie dough or brownie in the microwave (unwrapped lol) for like 5~8 and omg!
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    I own a box of every flavor...

Put the ones like chocolate chip cookie dough or brownie in the microwave (unwrapped lol) for like 5~8 and omg!

5-8 SECONDS I hope ahah
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options

Recently, I have heard A LOT of raves about Quest Nutrition bars, and I was wondering if anyone has tried them. If so, what did you think of them taste-wise? Also, what are your opinions on them ingredient/nutrient wise? I know protein/meal replacement bars can be really iffy, could they really be that healthy??

Here is the website for anyone who has not heard of them http://www.questproteinbar.com/

I eat the brownie version a few times a week - these are exceptional. Many of the other brands have way too much saturated fat, that's what I like about the Quest bars, they are awesome. I bake mine at 350 for five minutes - excellent.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    LOVE Quest bars. The ingredient list seemed pretty good to me. 20g protein each one and they also have 17g of fibre, which is amazing. I have yet to microwave them, but I have left them in a hot car while at the gym lol.
  • pcain123
    pcain123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy these. I bought several individual bars to try them out and ended up buying boxes of the coconut cashew, strawberry cheesecake and apple pie. I liked the banana but nobody else in house did so I didn't opt for a box of these. I just tried the Peanut Butter Supreme--OMG! It was delicious, but at 210 cal, I am only eating half--still helps to keep me full.
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    They are WONDERFUL! I like chocolate chip cookie dough the best.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I bought my first two this week- the cookie dough and the brownie. Both are delicious, but I think I'm going to stick with the cookie dough!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

Questbars are amazing and the best on the market.
  • tmpecus78
    Options
    They are WONDERFUL! I like chocolate chip cookie dough the best.

QFT X 2000000000000000000000000
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookie dough is fantastic! It's almost like eating a big piece of a pan cookie. They have LOTS of fiber and protein for a relatively low number of calories. My only complaint about them is they're kind of high in sodium.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Love 'em. I like the strawberry cheesecake and vanilla almond crunch the best. Might be the only one who thinks the cookie dough is gross.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I've been dying to try these for a while now.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM!!! :) I buy them at GNC and LOVE the Apple Cinnamon favor the best but they are all good :)
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Where do you find them? I know of ONE 7-11 (which is not at all near me) that sells them and I've never seen them anywhere else. And I'm not ordering a box off the internet until I know they're not gross.

Edit: ah-hah, answered while I was asking! I will check the GNC.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i like the idea of quest bars, but be careful about what flavor you get. I bought boxes of the apple pie, cinnamon roll & lemon creme flavors online last year. I do not like them. out of those flavors the lemon is the best but tastes like lemon zest (like lemon rind) with no cream at all. the apple pie is flat out disgusting. cinnamon roll is not tasty either, kind of like cinnamon on cardboard.

From the reviews i've read on amazon & vitacost (and after seeing the suggestions here) if i order again i think i might try the chocolate chip cookie and/or brownie flavors.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'll reiterate that a chocolate chip cookie dough quest bar in the microwave is delicious. Tastes like a warm cookie... with 21g of protein.
  • tmpecus78
    Options
    i like the idea of quest bars, but be careful about what flavor you get. I bought boxes of the apple pie, cinnamon roll & lemon creme flavors online last year. I do not like them. out of those flavors the lemon is the best but tastes like lemon zest (like lemon rind) with no cream at all. the apple pie is flat out disgusting. cinnamon roll is not tasty either, kind of like cinnamon on cardboard.

From the reviews i've read on amazon & vitacost (and after seeing the suggestions here) if i order again i think i might try the chocolate chip cookie and/or brownie flavors.

wow, really? you're taste buds suck lol Oh and btw the cookie dough are amazing