Quest Bars

Options

Replies

• nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot for work and have found these are great to bring along on the airplane for a quick, portable meal replacement. I also use them for breakfast at hotels where the breakfast buffet carb selection is my downfall. I try to stay away from buffets.

The only negative came from my husband who has TMJ (jaw problem) and found the chocolate brownie flavor too hard to chew. The other flavors I've tried were softer. I actually like the chewiness because it makes me feel like I'm really eating something substantial. And all the flavors I've tried have tasted great!

Microwaving helps a lot with the chewiness.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love them. The coconut cashew is my hands down favorite, and it is like the perfect food to me. Tasty, tons of protein, not a bunch of crap. Love it.

I also like the chocolate fudge brownie one, heated for 8-10 seconds in the microwave. Yummy!

I am not a big fan of the other flavors, so far, but I love the coconut cashew one so much it doesn't matter.
  • stephaniemarie416
    stephaniemarie416 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for your input! I finally went out to my local nutrition store and picked a couple up. I tried the chocolate chip cookie dough today (heated up in the microwave as many of you suggested) and loved it! It really did taste just like a fresh out of the oven cookie. YUMMMM!!!

I was a little disappointed that it contained sucralose (although very little, I'm assuming as it was listed as one of the "2% or less" ingredients ) because that is something I avoid. I'm hoping the bars from the "natural line" (no artificial sweeteners) taste even half as good as the cookie dough so I can add Quest bars to my breakfast/post workout snack rotation (and save the cookie dough flavor as a once in a while treat :))

For those of you who haven't yet tried one and are interested they do sell single bars on the Quest website. I'm sure with shipping it would be a bit expensive, but if you don't have a nutrition store nearby I'd go for it. It's worth a try!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My local GNC just got the White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bars in, I ran by and bought some after work yesterday. Tried one today for my afternoon snack and it was YUMMY! I will need to go back and buy more right now their bars are buy 3 get 1 free and if you use this coupon:
    http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_MBRPrice_20800.pdf
    you'll get $10 off $20 so you can buy 12 bars for $17 or so. Makes the bars $1.41 a pc or so! What a deal!
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love them all! For a chewy bar, microwave for 12 seconds. For a BIG cookie, microwave for 37-39 seconds. Both ways are freakin awesome.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I eat them, often. They are very tasty. Most are around 200 calories, 25 protein, and 15 fiber, 7 fat (give or take). My favorites are cookie dough, chocolate brownie, lemon pie, cinnamon, and vanilla crunch.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for your input! I finally went out to my local nutrition store and picked a couple up. I tried the chocolate chip cookie dough today (heated up in the microwave as many of you suggested) and loved it! It really did taste just like a fresh out of the oven cookie. YUMMMM!!!

I was a little disappointed that it contained sucralose (although very little, I'm assuming as it was listed as one of the "2% or less" ingredients ) because that is something I avoid. I'm hoping the bars from the "natural line" (no artificial sweeteners) taste even half as good as the cookie dough so I can add Quest bars to my breakfast/post workout snack rotation (and save the cookie dough flavor as a once in a while treat :))

For those of you who haven't yet tried one and are interested they do sell single bars on the Quest website. I'm sure with shipping it would be a bit expensive, but if you don't have a nutrition store nearby I'd go for it. It's worth a try!

The natural versions are just as tasty. I'm not sure which is which though. I love them all.
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I use Quest Brownie, Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter bars throughout the week, IMO the best bar you can get. Many others have too much saturated fats and have too many unnecessary artificial sweeteners. They also have excellent fiber.
  • MissyI30
    MissyI30 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the cookie dough ones and the apple pie and I now like the new one they have the white chocolate raspberry one.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I ordered 2 boxes apple pie & the choc peanut butter 1's. I'm not a big fan. They are the only flavours I've had.

Looks like I'll have to give cookie dough a try.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Question is why are you interested in them, please dont think I'm being mean just blunt, read on and you will know why I say that. I eat them and I have protein shakes but both items are expensive and if you only feel compelled to eat it because you "think" or "believe" that its "good for you" than dont bother just save your money, and eat regular food. If you choose to go down this path with the protein and supplements just know that its VERY expensive and the costs add up; i.e. quest bars cost between $2.50-3.00 a bar and the good protein shakes are about $1.50-2.00 a serving. Add that price tag per serving a day and 5-7 servings per week and it easily adds up to over $30 a week just on supplements and over $120 a month.

On that note. I love my quest bars and I eat them more regularly than I would like to admit, it started as a once in a while thing and now I eat it about once a day. I LOVE the chocolate peanut butter, strawberry cheese cake, coconut cashew, and chocolate brownie! They are best when they are slightly soft so either stick them in the microwave for a few seconds or you can leave them in the car like I do lol.

Good luck
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    honestly, i tried a bite of my sisters. one was brownie and one was pb&j
    the brownie was just okay, but the pb&j was just awful. i don't like the texture of them.
  • Bubbl3s25
    Bubbl3s25 Posts: 210
    Options
    Question is why are you interested in them, please dont think I'm being mean just blunt, read on and you will know why I say that. I eat them and I have protein shakes but both items are expensive and if you only feel compelled to eat it because you "think" or "believe" that its "good for you" than dont bother just save your money, and eat regular food. If you choose to go down this path with the protein and supplements just know that its VERY expensive and the costs add up; i.e. quest bars cost between $2.50-3.00 a bar and the good protein shakes are about $1.50-2.00 a serving. Add that price tag per serving a day and 5-7 servings per week and it easily adds up to over $30 a week just on supplements and over $120 a month.

On that note. I love my quest bars and I eat them more regularly than I would like to admit, it started as a once in a while thing and now I eat it about once a day. I LOVE the chocolate peanut butter, strawberry cheese cake, coconut cashew, and chocolate brownie! They are best when they are slightly soft so either stick them in the microwave for a few seconds or you can leave them in the car like I do lol.

Good luck

I know what you mean about the cost adding up. I also have one every day.
    I aim for 120-130g of protein a day. Most is through normal food but is is great to feel like you are having a sweet hit while still meeting your macros.
    Have tried choc brownie, choc PB and lemon cream. Think I am going to order coconut cashew next :)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I like the Strawberry Cheesecake, Banana Nut Muffin, Coconut Cashew,and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough They are great!
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars are hands down the best tasting protein bar for your nutritional buck. They are nothing like candy type bars that have loads of sugar to go with their protein. They're low carb, gluten free, come in an "all natural" line if that's a concern, and the huge amount of fiber in them really helps keep you feeling full. My favorite flavors are cookie dough, white chocolate raspberry, chocolate brownie, peanut butter supreme, lemon cream pie and banana nut muffin. I would not recommend the cinnamon roll one to my worst enemy. :laugh:

Cinnamon Roll was the one I tried. One little bite and the rest went in the trash.
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    They're really good, I actually prefer them to Luna bars. I usually eat one after I work out or as a meal replacement if I don't have time for lunch.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just started eating them Cookie Dough, Chocolate Brownie and the Coconut Cashew that I have tried so far I really like. Someone also suggested Strawberry have not tried that one yet.
  • Jayne2629
    Options
    I AM OBSESSED WITH THEM. I would totally recommend them to anyone and everyone. I've tried most flavours, and I personally tend to lean more towards the chocolate-y ones (brownie, chocolate peanut butter...) rather than the fruity ones (apple pie, etc). I agree with putting them in the microwave, and I've heard baking them is yummy too. When you're in the store, try and squeeze the bars to pick the ones that feel the softest. Try and find a store that sells that rather than finding them online so you can try one instead of splurging on a whole box. Drink a large glass of water before and after eating the bar and you will feel INCREDIBLY full. I wouldn't eat this as a snack, I would eat it as a meal replacement.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love them! I have yet to try one I don't like. I split them in half and use that as a portion. Very filling and a nice treat of protein and fiber. Nom nom!
  • stephaniemarie416
    stephaniemarie416 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice guys! You all rock! Have an awesome weekend :)