WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,736 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lisa~ so great to see you and glad your back...
    Lenora~ Credit card has my name on it, but its under his name..I think or under joint account... my lawyer said since his car is in his name then I dont have to worry about it, but will drop her an email and just tell her his plans...
    oh my lawyer has all the records for the tickets, the inn everything,I just played dumb....he might lose out on all of it if there is a funeral to attend... working 8-5 today and will get out at noon to take care of the dogs and get back
    Rori~ Bless you I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers,Dementia is no joke and very hard on the caregivers... may I suggest some extra help.. now here in Connecticut we have Community Care for the Elderly,I am sure they have something like that in Colorado... it helped my FIL tremendously. they do an intake assessment and have all sorts of different kinds of things to help, Adult day care, companions and homemakers, meals on wheels, life alert .. I mean everything for a percentage of income... now my FIL had SS and a couple of pensions and he paid 108.00 a month for all these services . It might give you peace of mind to know that all of this exists .. hoping this helps xoxoxox
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    rori (( <3 )) Thinking of you, keep reaching out for support, your talents and strength is such a gift to your marriage.

Lisa Love the travel shots.

The to do list has grown over the weekend so I'd better get crackin'

NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,268 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Rori - I really don't know what to say about your situation, but my heart goes out to you. I have quite strong opinions on these matters, but this is not the place to air them. Sending you lots and lots of love. If you want to pm me or email me then please do.
    Sorry I won't be seeing you in London. That day in my diary has been warming my heart. One of these days I really am going to come over to the States. :o

Doing lots of laundry today. Washing everything in sight just in case I want to take it on the cruise. I booked in three suitcases with the car people, so we have plenty of leeway. Will do a toiletries etc shop tomorrow.

My yoghurt last night was a failure! I forgot to turn the temp to Normal so it was too hot. I have salvaged the milk by making rice pudding in the IP. DH loves it. <3<3

Didn't put any weight on this weekend. Sooooooo much walking! I would like to go away a pound under, but we will see. :)

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Rori)))
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Funny thing ... just something I noticed a moment ago ... it's pouring rain out there, but our weather internet site says it's clear. <<shakes head>>

Anyway it was Monday all day today :) and that's my work, university, gym day. It's a day where I walk a lot, between work and uni etc. and where I don't eat much because it's just too inconvenient.

At the gym ...

Spinning Class -- 50 min | 24.89 km

Rowing -- 20 min | 3.3 km

Walking -- 70 min | 5.7 km
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    (((Rori)))

Lisa love the pictures!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    2017 Monthly July
    Walking Distance (km): 82.4
    Walking Time (min): 1030.0
    Cycling Distance (km): 620.2
    Cycling Time (min): 1914.3
    Stairs Climbed Number: 155.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 124.0
    Other Distance: 11.4
    Other Time: 75.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 714.0
    Total Distance (miles): 443.7
    Total Time (min): 3143.3
    Total Time (hr): 52:23:19

So that's that for July!!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    436227peh2tec0ns.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    morning peeps - taking it easy to save my knees -

thanks kljmore i got your addr. you'll be on my list to send it to. would you be able to fwd it to your friend to sign?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I'm happy that you enjoyed your visit and are home again. :smiley:

Michelle: I put pillowcases on the same way you do! :bigsmile:

Carol in GA: When my grandkids were here last I took them to a nearby park and let them play while I sat and watched. Would something like that work for you? :huh:

Becca: Summer here will involve al sorts of desperate strategies in a few days. We plan to hide inside with the air conditioner on. :ohwell:

Joyce: We were members of a church while our kids were growing up, but walked away from it due to serious conflicts about good works. We thought we should do things for the community. Another faction thought we should be helping only ourselves, and not necessarily our own members. We haven't been to church in a LONG time. :noway:

Rori: You are perceptive. Arrow and I have bonded, a good deal for both of us. DH was suitably impressed when I took him out to see Arrow last week. He is no longer in fear that the horse will attack me at random. Is Arrow likely to act up? I'd say there are many things that could set him off. Fear, or pain caused by bee-stings are examples of things that could cause problems. Before MS took a bite out of DH's ability to do adventurous things, we sailed our boat up the coast, through the Straits of Juan de Fuca, to the San Juan Islands & Gulf Islands of British Columbia, Canada. We had glorious adventures and I wish we could do it again. Those trips were certainly not risk free but they were worth the risk. Riding is a similar pastime in that there is risk, and for me it is also worth the risk. :bigsmile:

I am so sorry that your DH's situation is declining. You are wise to take actions that will help both of you to manage the current and future situations. AARP has a lot of material out regarding Alzheimer's and other dementia, and I think it might help you find ways to make things more manageable. Information always brings the chance of being useful. Look for Alzheimers Disease Cure Research and Prevention Tips-AARP. :heart:

Sharon in Lethbridge: Good question about CBD oil, and neither DH nor I have any experience with it. We do have Medical MJ on hand and it does reduce/eliminate pain. Good luck with your research. Please share what you learn. :star:

Lisa: I love the photos of your trip. Thanks for sharing! I've missed you. :smiley:

My remedy for leg & foot cramps at night is TUMS. One or two will do the job for me. As I understand it, leg and foot cramps are linked to low calcium levels.

Yoga this morning, and it is almost time for me to get on the road. We're taking our dog to the vet this afternoon to discuss his health/behavior. Not sure what is up with him but he looks ratty, acts depressed, has runny poo and isn't eating well.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Rori, my thoughts are with you! My father had Lewy Body dementia. I know my sister's and I simplified his life as much as we could. And there are good days and bad days. There is a whole community waiting to assist you. Never ever think you are alone in this! I think if there was anything we could've done different, it would have been to enroll in a support group early on. Learn from others that are walking the same path as you. Just like stewardesses say, put on your oxygen mask first before you help others with theirs. Hugs friend!
    Becca
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Lisa - So happy to see you! <3

I have noticed that it will soon be time for the US kids to go back to school. Ours only started their holidays last week. :o Scotland has its holidays earlier than England.

I've had my pre holiday bath and body scrub, toenail cutting and hair removal. :D:D:D Feel all soft now. B)

Made lovely paneer curry tonight. Feel very virtuous. 2nd AF day.

Started to put some cruise clothes on the spare bedroom floor. I HATE packing. :'(:'(:'(

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Katla ~ We did take the kids to the park after lunch but it was so hot and no shade. There were no other children there because this was the first day of school in the county I live in (they live in a different county). We played a lot of computer games and watched movies. They will go home this afternoon and start their school on Tuesday. They had a good time eating out and going for ice cream. And, I had a good time looking at pictures with them and playing their games.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Lisa - glad you are back in these parts! Great photos-thoughts of cool Alaska will come in handy during the hot spells!

Heather - when do you leave on the trip? Paneer curry sounds yummy.

Rori
    - ((HUGS))) Ladies, so many of us on this thread have DH's or close family members (even ourselves!) with debilitating illnesses - Dementia, MS, Parkinson's, RA to name a few. Perhaps that's what has drawn us to this thread - for caregiver support and reminders to do good and healthy things for ourselves. Like Becca said, we need to put on our own oxygen masks first. Tho sometimes it's hard to even find the darn things when it gets crazy.

Regarding the weather.... I'm going to try very hard to not dwell on it. I was making myself crazy checking all the weather websites, comparing the "worst case", etc. Well, it is what it is and this too shall pass. o:) Worrying about it won't make it any cooler. Am praying that everyone's A/C works and no fires break out.

That's the quick and dirty! Enjoy this Monday! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP friends. I have been reading along but not posting. Suffering from my bad headache. The meds make me a bit dizzy and hungry. Decided today to try to go without any and see what happens. Been to water aerobics, did laundry and made brownis for a Sunday School party.
    Rori - bless your heart. So sorry your DH is having difficulties with his memory. I so cherish the time I got to meet and talk with you. Hugs.
    Lisa-so glad you had a good time in Alaska. Time to get back on the journey. Also for me!! I am joining a new challenge Biggest Loser which starts this weekend. Hope to be able to contribute.
    Heather - I am sure you mentioned it but what is your cruise destin nation?
    Lenora - I ha e am abundance of figs. How do you fix yours?
    Kelly- a lot of roads in N TX are being converted to toll roads. It is frustrating when you pay a toll and get stuck in heavy traffic.
    Re- so good to see you posting again. I really enjoy your company.
    Well last week every day was over 100 degrees. For some reason iris hotter out here and a,so colder in winter. My car said 106 one day. Best to just stay home.
    Enjoy all the pictures. Enjoy your day
    SueBDew inTX
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Uuuck lost a whole long comment! Dang nabbit!!!!
    Becca
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lanette - We leave on Friday. :o 16 nights. Waiting to hear from the company about our car pick up. Because we live some distance from Dover we have to share a car, but it wasn't too bad last year. Not too much of a detour. It's wonderful to be picked up for free and you can take as much luggage as you wish, which lessens the strain of packing. Plus someone else carries the bags to your cabin! :D

Suebdew - We are going to the Baltic. Copenhagen, Stockholm 2 days, Helsinki, St Petersburg 2 days, Tallinn, Wisbar (Germany ) , a Danish fishing island, and Holland (we hope to visit Haarlem ). The only place we are going on organised visits is St Petersburg. Looking forward to the Hermitage by Night, with a concert, wine and tour without the crowds.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Pip- Yes, my friend lives pretty close, so I can run it over to her to sign. I told her about your ride last year and we looked up the link and watched the video. I am sure she would be thrilled to sign.
    Heather- Some of the southern schools start school in early August due to the hotter temps. I know in Texas the kids get out some time in May and are back in the first of August. Same with Tampa schools where my sister works. My DH is so jealous of his European counterparts in the company he works for. He came home talking about how some of them are off for the next two-three weeks. I told him I would be willing to move there, but he wasn't so keen on it. :s
    Lanette- You asked a couple days ago if my DH's RA is in remission. It is not. He was just diagnosed two years ago at age 48 and it hit him hard. He was like a stone statue most days and I was dressing him, helping him in and out of chairs, helping him lift things like a half gallon of juice, open things. He is moving easier now and his pain is less thanks to the pain pills and RA drugs. But he still struggles with fine motor tasks and lifting and bending. Like your hubby, he has those days when he feels he HAS to do something and then he pays for it the next day. Or rather, I pay for it the next day. Grumpy old man.

Weather wise; I live on the east side of Lake Michigan and the weather changes hourly. The weatherman is almost NEVER right. Or he is right if you live 30 minutes inland, but on the lakeshore, it could be something entirely different. Because I work at home, the weather isn't usually a problem, but in the summer, I worry about my son because he has a Jeep Wrangler and likes to drive it without the top or doors. He hasn't been caught in the rain, yet, but I can see it happening!
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    :neutral: