Weightlifting body or marathon body

Options
13»

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Screw him. I run, but definitely do not have a runners body. I also lift. I really have more of a gymnasts body in progress :) !My legs are larger and more muscular than most women's and I used to obsess about them and try to hide them. My trainer helped me embrace them and now I just want to make them as strong as possible.

Some jerk at the gym commented on what I was deadlifting, then said to me, "You know you have guys legs? And if you keep lifting like that, they will get bigger." Luckily, I was mentally sharp at that moment and replied, "If you lifted heavy, you could have guys legs too."

What a pinhead. I do not care what anyone thinks about my body, except me. It has taken me 47 years to get here, but I am working to become as genetically fit as possible. Screw everyone who is a hater. LOL!

Why is he, or anyone else for that matter, a pinhead for expressing a preferred aesthetic. It's not like saying you like a swimmers body is saying all other body types are gross and unattractive. Just that you like that particular physical aesthetic. I have a huge backside, it's fine for people to not be into the current bubble butt trend. It's nothing to be insulted about.
    I think Cornflake's talking about the guy at her gym, in that paragraph, not the OP's guy.

I'd say the point he became a pinhead was when he approached a woman at the gym, strongly implied her legs were too big, and then advised her to change her routine to fit in with his preferences.

I have a hell of a lot of aesthetic preferences myself. If you know what I mean. As yet, I have not gone up to any guy at the gym and told him to put the weights down because his arms might get too big. Not a freaking one. I'm obviously doing gym etiquette all wrong.

Some thoughts should stay in your head...

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Screw him. I run, but definitely do not have a runners body. I also lift. I really have more of a gymnasts body in progress :) !My legs are larger and more muscular than most women's and I used to obsess about them and try to hide them. My trainer helped me embrace them and now I just want to make them as strong as possible.

Some jerk at the gym commented on what I was deadlifting, then said to me, "You know you have guys legs? And if you keep lifting like that, they will get bigger." Luckily, I was mentally sharp at that moment and replied, "If you lifted heavy, you could have guys legs too."

What a pinhead. I do not care what anyone thinks about my body, except me. It has taken me 47 years to get here, but I am working to become as genetically fit as possible. Screw everyone who is a hater. LOL!

Why is he, or anyone else for that matter, a pinhead for expressing a preferred aesthetic. It's not like saying you like a swimmers body is saying all other body types are gross and unattractive. Just that you like that particular physical aesthetic. I have a huge backside, it's fine for people to not be into the current bubble butt trend. It's nothing to be insulted about.
    I think Cornflake's talking about the guy at her gym, in that paragraph, not the OP's guy.

I'd say the point he became a pinhead was when he approached a woman at the gym, strongly implied her legs were too big, and then advised her to change her routine to fit in with his preferences.

I have a hell of a lot of aesthetic preferences myself. If you know what I mean. As yet, I have not gone up to any guy at the gym and told him to put the weights down because his arms might get too big. Not a freaking one. I'm obviously doing gym etiquette all wrong.

My bad! I may have not been completely topped up on my morning caffeine. Apols.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options

My bad! I may have not been completely topped up on my morning caffeine. Apols.
    It happens. Give the coffee jar your best Paddington Stare, and get a refill!

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Everyone's entitled to their own preferences for themselves and to have attractions. It's only natural. I think it's kind of churlish to get judgmental about it, but people like that are going to be like that.

I don't have the body type to ever achieve my personal ideal aesthetic. Oh well.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I run half marathons (full next year) and lift heavy (For me) weights, but I'm still overweight so where would I fit
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    On men? Meh... a little muscle to moderate muscle. But not huge muscles nor obesity. If I had to choose, I'd definitely pick a rail-thin man over a somewhat overweight man.

For myself, I'm used to being really thin with visible *small* muscles. I tend to get really muscular on the upper body (so the reverse of most women) rather than the lower, so I limit too much upper body lifting *because I'll literally hulk out on top, but not the bottom*. (My sister's nickname for me was actually "Hulk".. ugh)

But I used to dance ballet and cheerlead and do gymnastics, so I guess I'm most comfortable with a "ballet" body. Definitely not hips, curves, or big butts *for me*. It makes me feel like an alien is living in my body. Like... "lumpy". But I don't run/jog at all, so I choose "ballet body" as my final answer.