Cardio or Weights?

Options
124»

Replies

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    We could be twins!
    I'm 5'7 and currently 276lbs. I started at 363. I just recently joined a gym. I am doing circuit training. Not focused weight training but rather circuit to tighten up muscles and build where fat once was. I also do extensive cardio and like you, keep my diet simple. I suggest just doing circuit and worry about focused muscle building when closer to goal.
  • vmbourg
    vmbourg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I got a trainer and I do team training 4 days a week. I do a mix of high intensity strength exercises and cardio. It's been about a year and I am so glad I finally did it. I've lost 80lbs before from straight diet and running. But I had a running injury and a high risk pregnancy and I found myself 50lbs overweight. I weigh 170lbs right now but wear the same size I did before at 160. I have muscle definition and my overall fitness has improved. I couldn't even do a single full sit up and now I can do 60 easy in a session. I couldn't do a pushup on my knees and now I can clock in at least 30 on my toes. My weight loss is going much slower than when I did just cardio but my body looks so much better. Completely lost my butt doing all that running . If you can afford it , I highly recommend !