What was your very first job?

Options
Mustang_Susie
Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
Volunteer: candy striper at a hospital

Paid: McDonalds while I was in college and I also worked as a Nurse Extern before I graduated

How about you?

image_zps31639e66.jpg

Replies

• tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Swiss Bakery when I was about 15.

Worst. Job. Ever.

I was taking German and everyone expected me to be fluent even though I had only taken it for a year at that point.

People yelled at me all the time, and the older high school girls I worked with didn't share the tip jar with me at the end of the night. I didn't stay there long. :D
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    When I was 13 I started pumping gas, checking oil, airing ties at a service station. Worked about 30 hrs a week getting paid under the table. Evenings and weekends mind you. While I still went to school.
  • Donna_Chi
    Donna_Chi Posts: 4
    Options
    I was 13 and delivered milk at 3am 3 days a week before I went to academy, I made 30 for 2 hours work each morning and a glass bottle of chilled milk every shift :) only did. It for about 3 months but gave me a great sense of independence and 30 to me then would last ages haha
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hay baler/ cattle feeder starting at 14. After turning 16 I became a lifeguard, then water safety instructor as soon as I was eligible (had to be 18). Yes, I can milk a cow :)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Hay baler/ cattle feeder starting at 14. After turning 16 I became a lifeguard, then water safety instructor as soon as I was eligible (had to be 18). Yes, I can milk a cow :)

The interesting thing about my hubby's job is that some of the guys worked as lifeguards before they became firefighters.
    I guess it kind of fits :smile:
  • fivepence
    fivepence Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I worked Saturdays in a bakery from the ages of 15 to 18. Free cakes, yum.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    McDonalds , I was 17

2q1e7hc.jpg
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    McDonalds , I was 17

I tried fixing it too, sorry :(
  • shafikes
    shafikes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    At 15. I worked at MCL Cafeteria. Didn't really like the job.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Barmaid in a nightclub aged 18. loved every second of that job :drinker:
  • culpjm90
    culpjm90 Posts: 58
    Options
    at a vet clinic I was a kennel assistant one of my favorite jobs
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Pulling weeds for neighbors at about age 8. I think I was paid 25 cents an hour.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Summer job scooping ice cream by the beach. It was horrible. I was so hot except for the frost bite in my knuckles and always sticky :)
  • jazpurita
    jazpurita Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Party City I was 16 it was an awesome first job it was always fun and worked with great people
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    when i was 16 my 1st proper job was nailing little metal strips to the end of scaffold boards, it paid 5p a board lol, i did it for about 2 weeks, earned next to nothing and quit!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    My first "official" job was working at Little Caesar's when I was 18. It was in the ghetto and was pretty interesting. The managers were completely immature, stole money, and sold weed from the store. We would have pizza dough fights after hours.

Good times.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    grocery store cashier when I was 16.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I was 15 going on 16 working as a weekend receptionist at a nursing home.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    At 15. I worked at MCL Cafeteria. Didn't really like the job.

Me too! Did you wear the sexy white button-up dress with the red pinafore that had little white flowers all over it? LMAO! And it looked even more sexy with socks and tennis shoes with it!!! I was one hell of a dessert and bread server!!
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    McDonalds at 15 yrs old.

From what I remember...

Starting pay : $6.50 ish
    Ending pay: $9.25 ish