What was your very first job?

Options

Replies

• JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Delivered newspapers when I was in high school.

It sucked. Big time.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Selling dru... Entrepreneur.

lol.

convenience store cashier, lasted 3 days because the owner was a perv
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I was a Subway Sandwich Artist :)
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    First job babysitting. First W-2 paying job was at Shoney's as a server when i was 16.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    nurse
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    First job I got paid for was as a newspaper boy for the Washington Post when I was 14 or 15. First "real" job between semesters in college which I did for a few years in summers and during breaks was as a clerk/typist at the Securities and Exchange Commission. Kind of a cool job.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Tax paying job? Waitressing.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Babysitting when I was young...

Then a cashier at Foodlion
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    waitress
  • ThisIsItAt50
    ThisIsItAt50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Boots Drug Store, paid for my college. Don't even know if it still exists!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    store crew
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Babysitter at age 10 and even though I was mature for my age, I thought even back then....what kind of parents would leave their toddlers with a 10-year-old they barely knew? Throughout high school, cool job translating French cartoons to English, with my EXTREMELY limited high school French, for 10 cents per caption. Belle mere? I would wonder. Why are there so many jokes about beautiful mothers (took a year so to find out it means mother-in-law). They were turn these things out by the hundreds every week, so I was encouraged to just make something up if I didn't know the French. My early start as a comedian.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a music store.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I was worked like a slave carrying trees and digging ditches before I was old enough to get a paying job at 15. At that time I started working at Burger King. I used to take a piece of bacon, wrap it around a chicken tender and dip it in mayo. I don't care. It was delicious.
  • ChadThorson
    Options
    Paperboy for the Chicago Tribune.
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    retail - bookstore
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    My grandparents farm when I was 12. I started by mowing the lawn and looking after the orchard, then moved onto actual farm work at some other family farms with animals.
  • strawberry_chu
    Options
    I was an accounting intern at a large company.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    other than the usual baby sitting and waitressing at small events, my first job was mail delivery when i was about 16 or 17 (a summer job). i actually loved that job (for a summer) because we could pretty much make our own hours, I would go in early, do my rounds, go back, start sorting tomorrow's mail, and still have time to go to the beach with friends.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    7 years old, I was a child model and got paid real well for photo shoots, it was great fun to we got to go to all sorts of places and just basically played dress up...... I did this for about 3 years and then got bored of all the girly stuff.... Hair, makeup and dresses :-) it took another 15 years for me to start wearing makeup again and to this day I refuse eyeliner lol