What was your very first job?

Options

Replies

• MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was a cashier at Wendy's. I didn't get enough hours, everybody hated me and it totally sucked. I quit in less than a year.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    McDonalds , I was 17

I tried fixing it too, sorry :(

looks like tinypic is the only way i can do it . but I finally got it . THANKS ,for trying to help.

Love it!
    I was looking for vintage 80s pics but could only find your color.
    I wore blue with the golf visor- lol! :bigsmile:
  • Bprocto3
    Bprocto3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bagger at a grocery store.
  • RoninLife
    RoninLife Posts: 64
    Options
    15. I worked at this store called Canal Jeans in NYC
  • crazebeck
    crazebeck Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Security at Target :) applied for cashier but got offered the asset protection job instead. Best job ever! :-)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hand.
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cashier at Wendys Fast Food Restaurant
  • whitney_simpson
    whitney_simpson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was a lifeguard from 15 to 18 during the summer and tutored low income kids during the school year.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    McDonalds , I was 17

looks like tinypic is the only way i can do it . but I finally got it . THANKS ,for trying to help.

Love it!

This was 1983 . It was my birthday, I weighed 132 and I thought I was fat ...Ha! I wasn't even supposed to be at work but the shake machine kept freezing up and for some darn reason I was the only one who knew how to fix it.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    McDonalds , I was 17

Love it!

This was 1983 . It was my birthday, I weighed 132 and I thought I was fat ...Ha! I wasn't even supposed to be at work but the shake machine kept freezing up and for some darn reason I was the only one who knew how to fix it.

Stupid shake machines :grumble:
    I hated emptying the grease traps when I would close.
    Ah, those were the days :laugh:
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    At 13 I was a teacher assistant at a local day care. I got the kiddos up from nap time, helped with toileting and engaged students in afternoon play. I worked there until I graduated high school.
  • verjavec
    verjavec Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I consider babysitting a real job. I started when I was 11 babysitting for the neighbor's kid. I babysat pretty much every weekend night and many weeknights until I was 17 and most of the kids I'd been babysitting for had grown too old to need me. At 18, I started working as a cashier in Pamida, but I made less per week there than I was making babysitting.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was janitor at a pre school
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I sorted shotgun shells at a skeet shooting range. I was 9.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Quizno's. It was close enough to walk to and directly next door to the movie theater I desperately wanted to work at.
    I was the only female employee in a staff of 8 college guys and one HS guy. To say it was awkward is an understatement.
    They basically ignored me completely and never taught me how to do anything but take the hot sandwiches out of the oven, which burned the hell out of my fingertips.
    Also the manager was a punk looking kid who frequently joked about being a heroin dealer- "First hit's free!"

So when they randomly didn't put me on the schedule one pay period and said I needed to come in and talk to the manager about why, I just applied to the aforementioned movie theater, interviewed, and got hired. The next time they saw me was in uniform picking up a discount sandwich during break like a week later, for like 50 cents more per hour, too.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Chicken farm at 15. Lasted 4 hours... lol

First real job was at 16 in a mom & pop grocery store.
  • RGFit412
    RGFit412 Posts: 177
    Options
    middle school - News paper boy, High school - Pizza shop
  • rickvw1970
    rickvw1970 Posts: 13
    Options
    Plowing the field around goal posts and replanting grass
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    There's a local call center that will hire anyone and fire anyone, I quit after two weeks for a really stupid reason.

The first job I REMEMBER was at a bakery, and my boss there was an amazing person who taught me a lot of stuff I will never forget.

Also, that was when I first lived on my own and I was allowed to take the 3 day old bread they were going to donate to charity home and mostly lived on that and broth because I was so broke. I can't eat regular presliced bread from a package after that- it has to be really good, thick, hard crust bread or onion bread or seed bread or something. Regular bread, even the whole wheat, is like I'm eating air.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    First job at 16, flocking Christmas trees for a local garden store, for $1.50/hr, wow what a mess. That crap stuck to everything, and wet too, until it dried like concrete.